Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Pandala villages accessible to Neutral alignment, They're not, which is a bad thing for professionals
posté January 30, 2009, 23:18:59 | #1
Pandala villages accessible to Neutral alignment Please, can you make it so that Neutral players can enter the Pandala villages?

At the moment Neutral Alchemists, Farmers and Lumberjacks are kept from harvesting some resources that are only available there (Pandkin, Rice, Bamboo). I think this is unfair to players who don't want to do the PvP thing because it also limits their options in the harvesting/crafting style of play.

Subscriber Boowolf Squisher
* * Member Since 2008-06-23
posté January 31, 2009, 21:55:04 | #2
I agree, but if Ankama allow neutrals to enter the villages, about 90% of aligned players would go neutral again.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Volunteer Mentor Boowolf Squisher
* * Member Since 2008-06-06
posté January 31, 2009, 22:03:58 | #3
I think that it's good thing that some of those resources are available only for one alignment : ) That makes game litte more sneaky and harder. They are aligned Villages as Zoth Village, Imp Village and Dopple Territory.. so.. It's good thing that they stay available only for them, who have fought for it.

- X

posté February 01, 2009, 00:10:06 | #4

Quote (Mentor-X @ 31 January 2009 13:03) *
I think that it's good thing that some of those resources are available only for one alignment : ) That makes game litte more sneaky and harder. They are aligned Villages as Zoth Village, Imp Village and Dopple Territory.. so.. It's good thing that they stay available only for them, who have fought for it.

- X

In theory, I can agree with that, but in reality it seems a bit different. Alignments are always battling for control of those areas. Aligned farmers and alchemists just wait until they can enter and stock up, in my experience anyway.

Former Subscriber Kolosso's Fastball Special
* * * * * Member Since 2008-04-26
posté February 01, 2009, 04:31:33 | #5
That will encourage more to become neutral meaning less pvp. =/

Yackul (Rushu)
Myth
Former Subscriber N Devestor
* * * * * Member Since 2006-07-11
posté February 01, 2009, 05:26:42 | #6
I love sneaking in villages not my alignment just to hunt people farming stuff down, and it's really not hard to get in when your not the correct alignment. My level 60 was in all the time.

*Travis

Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2006-06-02
posté February 01, 2009, 06:43:17 | #7
There aren't all that many resources that can be harvested only in Pandala conquest areas, and they aren't all that costly to purchase. I don't see a great need for change here.

posté February 01, 2009, 08:15:23 | #8
You can harvest the resources. Just need an aligned friend to break you into the village. Once inside said village save your zap there and you can come and go as you please.

Hope that helps.

posté February 01, 2009, 16:14:48 | #9
RaelCleapIVI - I don't think that's possible. I tried to use the Zaap in one of the Pandala villages while I was there on a quest, but it said I couldn't use it because I had the worng alignment (Neutral).

Mentor-X - Well, you have a point there that the side that conquers the territory should have some benefit from it. Still, my point is that the players who don't like the PvP style are now penalized, while the ones who do like that style not only get to play it but also access to exclusive resources (+ territory bonus). That seems a little unbalanced to me. Maybe the resources like Rice, Bamboo and Pandkin could be made available in Neutral territory too. Then the PvPers would still have some benefit ([i]more[i] resources), just not exclusive access.

Subscriber Pandulum Time-outer
* * * Member Since 2005-12-20
posté February 01, 2009, 16:30:08 | #10

Quote (Kimiko- @ 01 February 2009 17:14) *
players who don't like the PvP style are now penalized

Wrong.
Players that chose an alignment get rewarded, not the other way round.

@Rael: You cannot recall to a zap in an aligned territory when you are from the opposite. Also as neutral it isn't possible.
Play more Dofus to get experience ingame but don't try to talk about something you don't have a clue from.

Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2006-06-02
posté February 01, 2009, 16:50:14 | #11
Ankama wants people to PvP, even though they know many have no interest in doing so.

To encourage them to align anyway, and eventually into the world of PvP, desired or not, they offer many non-PvP related incentives to draw them in.

Exclusive resources in conquest territories was just another failed attempt by them to do so (as evidenced by further incentives offered afterward).

Until the priorities of Ankama change, it is unlikely the way conquest territories function will change.

posté February 02, 2009, 15:02:40 | #12
I'm not aligned an yet I can PVP whenever I feel like it. Percs and challenges still exist Amakna!!

I think it's rediculous to prevent neutral players from doing things. I'd agree with "more risk" like by not having knights in Pandalands. Noone will help a neutral being attacked in your territory. But if that neutral wants to come, you know he won't hurt you, so why putting guards to prevent it?

My suggestion: knight THAT MUST BE KILLED plus a dishonor point for agressing neutrals in "minor" territories, such as Ankama an Cania. No knight in "major territories" such as the Pandalands and possibly others like Zoth, or Sufokia.

posté February 02, 2009, 19:35:01 | #13

Quote (KA-Dofus @ 01 February 2009 16:50) *
Ankama wants people to PvP, even though they know many have no interest in doing so.

To encourage them to align anyway, and eventually into the world of PvP, desired or not, they offer many non-PvP related incentives to draw them in.

Exclusive resources in conquest territories was just another failed attempt by them to do so (as evidenced by further incentives offered afterward).

Until the priorities of Ankama change, it is unlikely the way conquest territories function will change.

Yes this is just another example of Ankama 'encouraging' PVP even for those that have no wish of it. Just like the rest of the alignment bonuses (order bonus, drop/xp bonus, exclusive monster area bonus, exclusive transport bonuses, cheaper salesroom taxes, use of shields etc) many are forced to join an alignment for some specific purpose that has nothing to do with PVP. And while many people don't mind the occasional PVP fight the current system does not encourage balanced fights in any sense of the word. It encourages people to 'farm' opposite alignment players who have little chance of successfully winning fights (see the rock/paper/scissor style of aggressions for examples). All of the 'improvements' to the PVP system have devolved it into zaap camping and stalking players. While I agree that these aspects are part of a war, there is no 'traditional battle' aspect to balance. This is not a war between Brak/Bont so much as semi-random killings of people who thought angel wings looked better than devil (or vice versa). Where is the epic feel of being part of something larger? Where is the sense of a constant struggle between the cities (as opposed to just between the players)? Ankama desperately needs to offer some sense of reason for the fight between brak/bont. As it currently is the fight exists almost exclusively as a fight for marginal resource control. The benefits are not great, the time invested is disproportional to the benefits, and the overall feel is not war so much as random murder with little chance of successful defense.

Former Subscriber Member Since 2007-07-05
posté February 02, 2009, 19:53:15 | #14
80-90% of players do not want to PvP. However, Ankama developers, back when they actually played the game, apparently liked to PvP. Therefore, because it was something they personally enjoyed, they shove it down everyone's throat by penzlizing those who do not want to PvP. If you align, you get benefits, and access to certain mats that are only available to aligned players.

If you remain neutral, you are still not protected from a**holes, as any aligned jerk, can aggress you and attack you for no reason, except they feel like it.

Since Ankama is forcing PvP down people's throats, they need to give aligned people a benefit. A nice simple easy one. Make it IMPOSSIBLE to 'push & shove' (forcible aggress) a neutral player. You should only be able to force combat on a person of the opposite alignment who's level is within 15 levels of yours. Period. No Level 180 should be able to aggress and attack a level 50. No level 30 should be able to attack a level 95 (which they like to do, right after a hard battle when the higher level hasn't had time to heal, or change sets if they were wisdom geared).

Or even simpler, make it possible to turn off PvP. (I believe this has been suggested before by Teskeria?) If you have turned PvP on (or off) you cannot change the setting for 14 days. And people with PvP off cannot be pushed and shoved, and their wings remain down if aligned, so they do not get the benfits of wings up (but can still access the aligned areas).

Stop penalizing people who don't like PvP.

Moowolf Slicer
* * * * Member Since 2006-06-19
posté February 02, 2009, 19:59:25 | #15

Quote (festering-pit @ 01 February 2009 10:30) *
@Rael: You cannot recall to a zap in an aligned territory when you are from the opposite. Also as neutral it isn't possible.
Play more Dofus to get experience ingame but don't try to talk about something you don't have a clue from.

I believe Rael was not talking about using the Zaap, but opening the gates to the villages. When the guards outside the gates are defeated by someone of an opposite alignment, the whole gate to the village opens. At that point, anyone, neutral or of opposing alignment, can enter.

-Wish

Former Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2006-11-01
posté February 03, 2009, 01:20:37 | #16

Quote ([MOD]Wish @ 02 February 2009 20:59) *

I believe Rael was not talking about using the Zaap, but opening the gates to the villages. When the guards outside the gates are defeated by someone of an opposite alignment, the whole gate to the village opens. At that point, anyone, neutral or of opposing alignment, can enter.

-Wish

But u have to bring some aligned friends to kill guards.. neutral cant kill them

Yackul (Rushu)
Myth
Former Subscriber N Devestor
* * * * * Member Since 2006-07-11
posté February 03, 2009, 01:22:39 | #17

Quote (M-Scottie @ 03 February 2009 01:20) *
But u have to bring some aligned friends to kill guards.. neutral cant kill them

True, but it's really not hard to allign. Lets say your a level 70 Brakmar. When the respective villages are Brak, free access.. When they're Bonta, you can kill the guards on your own. It works both ways too. People should whine less and deal with it.

*Travis

Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2007-12-23
posté February 04, 2009, 22:47:03 | #18
I'd like "Neutral" to be a conquesting alignment.

posté February 06, 2009, 02:07:50 | #19

Quote (LeScoundrel @ 04 February 2009 23:47) *
I'd like "Neutral" to be a conquesting alignment.

Why?

posté February 06, 2009, 04:52:32 | #20
Well, if they really intend to block Bont/Brak places to neutrals, I would seriously like to be able to kick them out so I can get in. As it is, neutrals are victims and nothing else : they get picked on and blocked but can't do a thing about it.

I find it ok that Bont/Braks get bonuses, like crits, HP, energy, cheaper zaps, territory bonuses, etc. But I don't think blocking access to parts of the world, especially parts needed to neutrals. For example, it's a major pain for neutrals to get in the pandalands, but there are quests that needs you to go there like the Ochre Dofus quest.

posté February 06, 2009, 09:41:03 | #21

Quote (RollbackSuckz @ 06 February 2009 05:52) *
... but can't do a thing about it.

Sure they can. Get an alignment.

posté February 06, 2009, 13:49:18 | #22
I meant can't do anything about it while staying neutral.

Plus, I am not going to pay for 10 swords and then whatever the price to un-Bont is (I've heard it's 10KK) everytime I have to go in *insert place here* 5 minutes.

Neutrals should be NEUTRALS. Not victims. There is no reason to persecute neutrals unless you named your character Zap Brannigan.

Former Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2006-11-01
posté February 06, 2009, 14:14:59 | #23
Im aligned just cos pandala villages and other Bonta/Brak territories.. cos neutral cant get there.. thats all.. But i dont mean i want to be aligned.. i hate pvp and stupid conquest.. Oftenly unfair and low honours to get and a lot for loose.. sometimes some idiot comes to kill u when u r on hunt somewhere far and friends have to wait for u.. sometmes high lvl kill u when u mining or choping trees etc. cos he want it too..

And bonuses? No so good and problems with pvp is really worst..

Subscriber Thrower of Barbrossa
* * Member Since 2008-09-09
posté February 06, 2009, 17:00:02 | #24

Quote (H-a-m-m-e-r @ 02 February 2009 13:35) *
Yes this is just another example of Ankama 'encouraging' PVP even for those that have no wish of it. Just like the rest of the alignment bonuses (order bonus, drop/xp bonus, exclusive monster area bonus, exclusive transport bonuses, cheaper salesroom taxes, use of shields etc) many are forced to join an alignment for some specific purpose that has nothing to do with PVP. And while many people don't mind the occasional PVP fight the current system does not encourage balanced fights in any sense of the word. It encourages people to 'farm' opposite alignment players who have little chance of successfully winning fights (see the rock/paper/scissor style of aggressions for examples). All of the 'improvements' to the PVP system have devolved it into zaap camping and stalking players. While I agree that these aspects are part of a war, there is no 'traditional battle' aspect to balance. This is not a war between Brak/Bont so much as semi-random killings of people who thought angel wings looked better than devil (or vice versa). Where is the epic feel of being part of something larger? Where is the sense of a constant struggle between the cities (as opposed to just between the players)? Ankama desperately needs to offer some sense of reason for the fight between brak/bont. As it currently is the fight exists almost exclusively as a fight for marginal resource control. The benefits are not great, the time invested is disproportional to the benefits, and the overall feel is not war so much as random murder with little chance of successful defense.

Back on Rushu, before the release of Solar, it wasn't at all uncommon to get what has now become known as ganging. I've seen a 120 sacrier (highest possible level back then) take out 8 90 - 110 bontas. Now, every one is being overly sensitive to their horrible death of a few lines of code. Back when ganging wasn't known as ganging, simply survival, there was a sense of something more. PvP actually meant something. Unfortunately, Solar hasn't developed this sense yet and at any time if someone is ganged, they immediatly PM Haik or Mafi to help them. It pisses me off.

posté February 07, 2009, 01:44:09 | #25
Wait, you're saying PVP meant something back when people would gang all the time?

The only time I could see ganging as a legitimate means of survival is when the person getting aggressed had friends join in to defend by ganging the aggressor.