Back to forum.dofus.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Better Bread
Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2012-08-20
posté November 05, 2012, 15:43:13 | #1
Better Bread I have a level 97 Baker and a 78 Farmer
Right now I rely on making Field Bread in batches of 500 for all my gear and other things
I was wondering whether there is a better bread which sells well and for more if not does anyone suggest a better proffesion  

Former Subscriber Boowolf Squisher
* * Member Since 2012-09-18
posté November 07, 2012, 12:40:52 | #2
I dont know how good field bread sells anymore *havent been a baker/farmer in a long time* but currently i find makeing wholemeal bread very easy and i can sell it very over priced in training maps such as crackrocks. and being f2p area some people dont realize its over priced. in rosal wholemeal usually sells for 2kk per 100 at craks i sell them for 4.5-5kk per 100.

Former Subscriber Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2006-06-29
posté November 08, 2012, 15:45:00 | #3
I would be making Cereal Bread if I were you. It sells for more, and will level you WAY faster. Yes, it takes longer to collect, but it's worth it. Even if you don't sell it, you can keep it for any tank characters you may have. Plus, collecting for the Cereal Bread will also help level your farmer more. I leveled both to 100 at nearly the same time doing so.

Former Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2012-08-30
posté November 08, 2012, 16:32:41 | #4
Collecting for Cereal Bread does not level Farmer faster, but slower (lower level crops, hence lower level XP gain).

You probably meant "Qui Leure Bread", which requires a lot of combined flours and thus leveling your farmer faster (because he gets XP when combining). However, on Level 80+ Farmer, you don't get XP from anything but Peasant and Wholemeal. (btw.. Wholemeal flour is a complete waste of Kamas, as you can usually buy it for like 1 to 3 kamas per flour on market. A lot faster than making it by yourself..)

Former Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2010-12-05
posté November 09, 2012, 23:02:25 | #5
I myself have been working on Field Bread (level 74 farmer / 100 baker). It may require less grains as Cereal Bread but farming Malt gives you more exp for farmer over rye, wheat, oats and barley. Also, on Solar server, Field Bread sells for the same price as Cereal so you have less work for more kamas and exp for farmer. If you want to mass level baker though, Cereal bread will give you slighty more exp, however, with less work on the farming end, you can make more Field Bread. It all kind of depends on the market and which profession you want to level first.

Former Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2012-08-30
posté November 10, 2012, 00:08:25 | #6

I myself have been working on Field Bread...

Uh.. dude... pssshh... read his post. That's what he is doing and he asked for alternatives. .

Former Subscriber Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2006-06-29
posté November 12, 2012, 17:25:27 | #7

Quote (MamoChiba @ 08 November 2012 16:32) *
Collecting for Cereal Bread does not level Farmer faster, but slower (lower level crops, hence lower level XP gain).

You probably meant "Qui Leure Bread", which requires a lot of combined flours and thus leveling your farmer faster (because he gets XP when combining). However, on Level 80+ Farmer, you don't get XP from anything but Peasant and Wholemeal. (btw.. Wholemeal flour is a complete waste of Kamas, as you can usually buy it for like 1 to 3 kamas per flour on market. A lot faster than making it by yourself..)

My post was in reference to leveling baker faster, as the OP asked for bread that sold for more (which I take as selling "better" more or faster or both).

Quote (TrinityThief @ 09 November 2012 23:02) *
I myself have been working on Field Bread (level 74 farmer / 100 baker). It may require less grains as Cereal Bread but farming Malt gives you more exp for farmer over rye, wheat, oats and barley. Also, on Solar server, Field Bread sells for the same price as Cereal so you have less work for more kamas and exp for farmer. If you want to mass level baker though, Cereal bread will give you slighty more exp, however, with less work on the farming end, you can make more Field Bread. It all kind of depends on the market and which profession you want to level first.

Of course, bread prices fluctuate constantly, so YMMV.

It shouldn't take very long to make 600-700 cereals a day and put them up for attractive prices. I find you can make and sell them faster than the Qui Leure due to the Qui needing so many more flours (essentially needs 11 flours, vs 4 of the Cereal bread) so the profit per time is much better. Yes, you can use up flours/cerals if you banked them as you raised farmer, but you'll run out eventually. I don't use Field bread because it weighs 3x as much as Cereal for the same heal, which means buyers can only carry 1/3 the amount, which means smaller batch sales of Field.

I'd also add that farmer/baker is a good pairing for an intial set of jobs. They compliment each other, and you can always make and sell bread for some profit. No, the profit isn't HUGE, but the time invested compared to other professions isn't huge either. Plus you'll occasionally get the rare cereals to make the rare breads for the stat boost, or extra kamas. I'd also suggest adding alchemist as the third job. That way you can get a lot of basic healing items for essentially free, and some quick professions for making kamas or getting extra pod carrying.

This post has been edited by Lagirdam - November 12, 2012, 17:28:32.