Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

What profession should I choose??
F2P Member Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-07-20
posté August 12, 2012, 06:30:40 | #1
What profession should I choose?? Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could share to me a few helpful tips about choosing a profession.

1. I would like to know how many Gathering Profession I can learn for one character? Is it 3 also?

2. I would like to know how many Crafting Profession I can learn for one character? Is it 3 also?

3. What Gathering Profession should I choose for quick kamas?(not server specific just in general)

4. What Crafting Profession should I choose for quick kamas? ( not server specific just in general)

Platypi (Shika)
Aurora
Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2012-05-29
posté August 12, 2012, 06:50:37 | #2
You can have any combination of professions you want, there's nothing off limits. (as far as I am aware of)
However, if choosing a weapons crafting profession, it is suggested you also have miner or lumberjack (or both depending).
This combination is also recommended for being a jeweler, unless you want to be spending money on buying your wood and ores.

Hunting/butcher and fishing/monger are ones I would tend to stay away from, as generally, people aren't as open to buying those forms of food over bread, and it's come up in forums a couple of times that people of those professions do have trouble money making.

Handyman, is a very profitable profession- however you'd have to be willing to spend money on leveling it. (I mean, at lvl 100 you can spam masto dungeon keys and sell them off at 100kk per ten, which is still a mighty profit even when buying all the mats) But then, what I simply do is buy the mats myself, and recruit a high level handyman, and pay them the small fee for making.

Baker/farmer is a constant income, and baker really is the easiest profession to level. Wholewheat/field/cereal bread are constant sellers, however gathering does take time.
Alchemist is also useful, energy potions tend to sell (as there's never a shortage of people dying), and se do recalls in sets of 100. But once again, the mats can be time consuming.

Lumberjack and miners bring in good money just from selling ores/wood. Mining is a hard profession to level, due to the scarcity of ores.
Lumberjack is easier to level, and does bring in decent money. Just be prepared with a pods set if you tend to go down either of these paths!

Personally, I would pair up lumberjack/miner, and either go jeweler or a weapons profession. As you can make money by simply selling ores or wood, and when you feel like being adventurous you can make some equipment.

This turned out being twice as long as I expected.. hopefully it is of some use!

Cianndra (Rosal)
The Kings of Twelve
Former Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2008-02-26
posté October 03, 2012, 22:03:01 | #3
There is no limit you can have three gathering or crafting profs on one character. Lumberjack is decent for bringing in the kamas however it takes a long time to level to 100. The higher level you reach the more and more scarce the trees become.

Miner is ok but takes a long time to level too but only after reaching level 50. The beginning levels go pretty fast plus you have a variety of recipes to use to level the prof. The most resource efficient one being small soul stones at level 40 miner 1 air, water, fire, earth artefacts and one pebble for each stone which sell well due to miners only being able to make them

Farmer/baker is for those who have the patience of a saint and then some. Yes they make steady kamas but with all the undercutting and the bots can drive a person mad. Also they're the most boring pair of professions ever and most of your time will be spent farming and baking just to make the kamas you seek. Hours upon hours of doing the equivalent of watching paint dry

Butcher/hunter however allows you to level your character and profession at the same time. While allowing you to produce comparable and then better hp restoring food than even the best breads! So it's the best prof pair for those who don't have much time to spend playing dofus. Also you don't need to be any higher than a level 80 hunter to make kamas comparable to that a baker would make by selling croc meat which level 100 bakers need to make intre bread.

Other bonuses of being a hunter are the rare plus strength meats you can drop from dungeon keeper monster not all however. And the resources you'll get along the way can be used to level any tailor, shoemakers, and jewelers you may have. So all in all hunting and butchering get a bad rap and aren't as bad as people would have you believe

As for weapon crafting prof it'd be best to first have both a high number of pods and a level 100 miner and lumberjack as you'll be pretty reliant on ores and woods in your crafts and then alloys as your profession level gets higher

Former Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2012-09-09
posté October 04, 2012, 10:28:31 | #4

1. I would like to know how many Gathering Profession I can learn for one character? Is it 3 also?
2. I would like to know how many Crafting Profession I can learn for one character? Is it 3 also?

You can learn up to 3 basic professions in total on each character. For example if you have 1 gathering, you can learn two more basic crafting professions.

Every non-food related crafting profession can have a magus-specialization attached to it later at level 60.

For example, you could have Farmer (gathering), Baker (food-related) and Shoemaker (crafting). For the Shoemaker you can learn Shoemagus once your Shoemaker is at Level 60. So at the end you would have Farmer/Baker/Shoemaker/Shoemagus.

Note that for free-to-play, you can only level up to 30, so there is not *magus for free-to-play guys..

3. What Gathering Profession should I choose for quick kamas?(not server specific just in general)
4. What Crafting Profession should I choose for quick kamas? ( not server specific just in general)

For free-to-play, I recommend Farmer/Baker only. All the other professions have too few good resources in the astrub-area. Any crafting profession like Jeweller or Tailor will not give you any significant income in lower levels! If you insist to make a crafting profession, try Sword-Smith and specialize on Twiggy Swords and sell them in 10-packages. They are needed to become Bonta.

If you are planning to be a subscriber, the world's your limit. Still, Farmer/Baker (should always be together) is a very good and early-rewarding income.

From crafting professions, stay away from Handymen and Tailor - they are very resource intensive and you need to invest a couple of hundrets of thousands kamas until you get to a level where your balance is positive.

(Before someone comments on the last paragraph: You *can* hunt piwis all the day and raise your tailor/handyman level for free - but you could also just sell the feathers, thus earning much more . So I count this as "negative balance".)

My best recommendation for the unsure: Farmer/Baker/Alchemist. Very rewarding, easy to level, steady income to finance other stuff.. And you can unlevel Alchemist once you have a couple of hundrets of thousand kamas to get a head start on a crafting profession so you are not stuck in the low-level-grinding-phase.

This post has been edited by MamoChiba - October 04, 2012, 10:29:49.