Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Hunter Profession Help
Subscriber Pandulum Time-outer
* * * Member Since 2007-09-02
posté June 08, 2012, 10:14:38 | #1
Hunter Profession Help So, I've been playing dofus for ages, but I NEVER EVER work on my professions (with the exception of shovelsmith) since they are boring. However, I feel that the time is right that after 9 years I actually start working on a profession. I choose to become a hunter. Now my questions are:

1. Is it easy to make my storm cloud a hunting weapon?

2. Will I have to fight the low level monsters to get their meats? Or can I just rush and start fighting dragon pigs, crocs, etc for their meats?

3. Is it a good idea to have a butcher with this profession (Im already a handyman and a shieldsmith - Yes, I wasn't bothered to level them as much either haha)

4. Is it a profitable profession?

5. Whats the best way to make kamas using this profession?

6. Is it efficient enough to do the mobs on my int sac?

Thanks,

~ Ultimate-Sensation - Proud Shikian Sacrier - Level 199

This post has been edited by DofusWorldChampion - June 08, 2012, 10:33:54.
Subscriber Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2011-09-21
posté June 08, 2012, 12:15:31 | #2
1. No, maging the "Hunting Weapon" stat on a weapon is as difficult as maging MP/AP/range/summons on a something. Trust me you'll live if you equip a hunting knife as for the first few levels you won't kill anything which will scare you enough to use your cc.

2. You have to start from tofus there mate. then you go up to gobblies, gobballs, wabbits and further.

3. Of course having a butcher will make the meats you preserve with your hunter edible. having a butcher with your hunter is near to compulsory.

4. For it to be profitable you have to level it high and cook your preserved meats although I'd give it a 6 out of 10 rating for profits.

5. As I said in n4. cook your preserved meats and sell them in the markets with hope that they'll sell.

6. For my hunter I use my iop (for his good AoE). As to a sac, I never made a sac so I cannot answer this question. Try chewing on your spells to make fights fast is all i can say.

And finally, get off your lazy ass. Hunter isn't a solo proffession and it needs time and patience as mobs don't have a 100% drop rate on meats.

Good luck bud.

~dez

* * * Member Since 2007-09-02
posté June 08, 2012, 12:18:51 | #3

Quote (dezira @ 08 June 2012 12:15) *
1. No, maging the "Hunting Weapon" stat on a weapon is as difficult as maging MP/AP/range/summons on a something. Trust me you'll live if you equip a hunting knife as for the first few levels you won't kill anything which will scare you enough to use your cc.

2. You have to start from tofus there mate. then you go up to gobblies, gobballs, wabbits and further.

3. Of course having a butcher will make the meats you preserve with your hunter edible. having a butcher with your hunter is near to compulsory.

4. For it to be profitable you have to level it high and cook your preserved meats although I'd give it a 6 out of 10 rating for profits.

5. As I said in n4. cook your preserved meats and sell them in the markets with hope that they'll sell.

6. For my hunter I use my iop (for his good AoE). As to a sac, I never made a sac so I cannot answer this question. Try chewing on your spells to make fights fast is all i can say.

And finally, get off your lazy ass. Hunter isn't a solo proffession and it needs time and patience as mobs don't have a 100% drop rate on meats.

Good luck bud.

~dez

Thank you soooooo much mate , Im horrible with professions, so that saved me some time from asking people.

Subscriber Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2011-09-21
posté June 08, 2012, 12:36:49 | #4
No prob ^^ Good luck dude.

Moike (Solar)
Compassion
* * * Member Since 2011-09-03
posté June 08, 2012, 19:29:03 | #5
I'd have to disagree with number one. I have never had trouble hunter maging, ever. I've never actually seen it fail.

For me hunter isn't a way to make money, but a great way to save it, as you get foods from fighting most things you would normally fight anyway. I've never sold any meats, but buying 600+ hp food is appealing. It was pretty easy for me to level, and it is one of my favorite professions.

Subscriber Legendary Crackler Crusher
* * * Member Since 2008-09-14
posté June 08, 2012, 23:02:57 | #6

Quote (DofusWorldChampion @ 08 June 2012 10:14) *
So, I've been playing dofus for ages, but I NEVER EVER work on my professions (with the exception of shovelsmith) since they are boring. However, I feel that the time is right that after 9 years I actually start working on a profession. I choose to become a hunter. Now my questions are:

Sometimes it is tricky... some stats will fall. The sink cost isn't actually that high... unless you want the storm to be hax maged as well, it isn't nearly as much of a problem as dezira described.
2. Will I have to fight the low level monsters to get their meats? Or can I just rush and start fighting dragon pigs, crocs, etc for their meats?
The meat you are allowed to get is level based (of your prof)... you earn xp by preserving and not hunting... I suggest you just buy a few batches of the smaller meats (waste of time for high levels).
3. Is it a good idea to have a butcher with this profession (Im already a handyman and a shieldsmith - Yes, I wasn't bothered to level them as much either haha)
Not sure how much profit this even brings anymore...
Not so much if you compare it to other professions... but if you think about it this way: this allows you to simply get additional drops from monsters.
Selling unpreserved meat could actually be profitable (but maybe not worth your time) if preserving them takes less than 7 slots. Lots of people will buy this meat to level their hunter.
At one point, the best way to level will be getting dragoturkey meat... the sac must be in the fight, but if you could bring a cra or something... the fights will go much smoother.
Thanks,

Hungry-Mama (Zatoishwan)
Avarice
Subscriber Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2011-11-04
posté June 19, 2012, 22:16:42 | #7

So, I've been playing dofus for ages, but I NEVER EVER work on my professions (with the exception of shovelsmith) since they are boring. However, I feel that the time is right that after 9 years I actually start working on a profession. I choose to become a hunter. Now my questions are:

1. Is it easy to make my storm cloud a hunting weapon?I don't really know - I'm not a mage. I had my Axel maged and it took two attempts; some of the stats were reduced, but fortunately it kept the +AP.

2. Will I have to fight the low level monsters to get their meats? Or can I just rush and start fighting dragon pigs, crocs, etc for their meats?You can buy the meat at market if you like, but yeah... you'll have to fight a lot of low level mobs. Meat drops for hunters just like any other resource, so having high prospecting is bonus for hunters to increase their chance of dropping meats.

Yeah, you'll definitely need butcher. If not on the hunter alt, then on another alt. You can't hardly compete with bakers unless you sell your meat for less than production cost, and even then it might not sell because people seem to prefer buying bread over meat. *shrugs* I don't know why, but that's what it seems like.
Hunter is an efficient profession, and when paired with butcher it will save you a lot of money. It can be profitable above level 60, but speaking as a hunter/butcher, it's mostly a way for me to save money and multi-task while I gather resources or complete dungeons.
After you reach level 80 and higher in your hunter and can butcher the meat you gather, you'll be able to make some really powerful food that can sell quite nicely.
6. Is it efficient enough to do the mobs on my int sac?I wouldn't know; it'll really help you to have an AoE spell for fighting your mobs faster, and I've never played a Sacrier so I'm not sure if they have any of those. As long as you can hit hard and don't spend too much time killing a mob you should be okay; with my Slaughtering Shovel I can wipe out mobs of Kanigers as easy as Gobballs, but if you're strength or intelligence based, then it'll probably take a bit longer.

This post has been edited by Disgustus - June 19, 2012, 22:18:11.
Cianndra (Rosal)
The Kings of Twelve
Former Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2008-02-26
posté September 27, 2012, 21:05:37 | #8

Thanks,

Yes and no you can choose to either buy the meats for the first 20 or so levels of hunter or hunt it.

It's recommended to have butcher since it'll save you tons of kamas once you can butcher gobbal leg**** and up

I've just reached 100 hunter so I can't comment on it's profitability for certain. However I can say I'll not be buying bread ever again and it's much less boring than farming and baking for hours like I'd have to otherwise.

As far as how efficient it'll be to use an int sac to hunt you'll zip through mobs even kanigers! I had no problems slaughtering them as a pure int iop. And at level 80 hunter you'll be able to quickly slaughter crocs. If you want to be even more efficient as a hunter consider scrolling a second or third element like chance, agility, or strength.

Subscriber Moowolf Slicer
* * * * Member Since 2011-09-27
posté October 31, 2012, 09:30:24 | #9
Depending on your server's economy and whether or not you can get alchemist and farmer to lv 100, frig meats can be quite profitable. Just fighting at frig I end up with at least 30 meats a day, get those all cooked up, sell for 30kk/10 and that just goes with the xp. Also, no need to buy bread again.

Short term, not so profitable; long term with a bit of time invested, quite profitable

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2012-10-02
posté October 31, 2012, 15:57:09 | #10
I've really debated on sharing this or not, because I don't want everyone jumping the Hunter bandwagon; HOWEVER, there are *so many* kamas to be made with raw meats (uncooked meats).

I won't say anything else. Best of luck

This post has been edited by JohnBunny - November 02, 2012, 02:19:31.
Subscriber Greater Bherb Pruner
* * * * Member Since 2007-12-03
posté November 03, 2012, 13:35:27 | #11
I've seen a few hunter maged high level weapons, but it seems just too huge a risk to me.

I've been able to hunter mage decent AP weapons though. A God Rod isn't a bad way to maintain your AP when hunting, even if you give up some stats.

F2P Member Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2012-09-11
posté November 03, 2012, 16:10:25 | #12

Quote (lazaustin @ 03 November 2012 13:35) *
I've seen a few hunter maged high level weapons, but it seems just too huge a risk to me.

I've been able to hunter mage decent AP weapons though. A God Rod isn't a bad way to maintain your AP when hunting, even if you give up some stats.
It seems they changed the maging system, at least for hunting runes. Any failures I've seen barely take any stats, if they do at all.

Former Subscriber Kami Snowfoux Kuddler
* * * * * Member Since 2009-03-26
posté November 03, 2012, 16:34:06 | #13
Hunting runes rarely fail and even if they do they don't take away stats most of the time. Their power value is really low. I have hunter maged most of my weapons with no problem and they all have very good stats.