Back to forum.dofus.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Dofus 2.0 Ubuntu install problem
posté April 27, 2010, 17:18:20 | #1
Dofus 2.0 Ubuntu install problem So I saved the DofusInstall.run on my desktop, gave it permissions and executed the file. Here's what the terminal says

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Dofus....................
Dofus 2 installation is starting...
Checking for softwares...
check for curl ... not found
check for wget ... ok
check for zenity ... ok
check for kdesu ... not found
check for kdesudo ... not found
check for gksudo ... ok
check for Adobe AIR Application Installer ... ok
check for dpkg ... ok
Installing Dofus...
/home/"myname"/ankama/Dofus
sudo Adobe AIR Application Installer -silent -location /home/familia/ankama/Dofus /tmp/selfgz25909/Dofus.air > /dev/null

And then it suddenly closes. I tried going to the dofus folder, giving permission to uplauncher and executing it, but it says "This application is unable to access the internet. Do you want to define your network settings?" I don't use proxies or anything of the sort, so I'm stuck now, any help?

posté April 27, 2010, 23:11:23 | #2
Can anyone help me at all?!

posté April 28, 2010, 18:22:32 | #3
If I can't get any help here, can I at least get directed to where I can?

Volunteer Mentor Minotot Deboner
* * * * * Member Since 2008-06-06
posté April 28, 2010, 21:02:29 | #4
I don't think anyone knows. I'm usually the first to jump on these but I know absolutely nothing about Linux. Perhaps you can try this.......... Again, I don't know anything about Linux, I know I have a potential fix for Ubuntu 9.10 and I don't have any idea if other numbers are completely separate OS's or updates. Anyway, cross your fingers and hope for the best if you can do this.

---------------------------------------
Contents
1 - What is the fix?
1.1 - Fix for Windows XP
1.2 - Fix for Windows Vista/Windows 7
1.3 - Fix for Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic (Linux)
2 - FAQs

---------------------------------------
1 - What is the fix?
This fix is different from your normal in-game cache clear! The normal in-game cache clear seeks to erase all of the files that dofus currently uses which include but aren’t limited to, item names, locations, spell names, monsters, NPCs and statistic names. When cleared, all of these have to reload, but a lot of bugs occur when the files in your cache that aren’t controlled by the in-game cache clear just sit there. These files get read accidentally by the client and errors occur such as black screens and inability to talk. What this fix does, is it targets the entire Dofus cache! Instead of just deleting the necessary files, it deletes ALL of the files, the ENTIRE Dofus cache! What this does is it forces your game to create an entirely new cache with brand new game files. The only difference is, any files that were broken are either overwritten with good ones or they were deleted when you wiped the cache! That should fix MOST of the bug problems that you encounter!

1.1 - Fix for Windows XP
How to clear cache if your Operating System is Windows XP:
Step 1.) Go to C:\Documents and setting\[User]\Application Data\
([User] refers to your Computer's User. It is different for everyone.)
Step 2.) Once there you'll see a bunch of folders representing the Dofus client. Among them will be "DofusOnline.XXXXXXXXXXX" or OTHER Dofus folders. Delete ALL of these directories. Restart Dofus 2.0 client
(If you are having trouble finding this directory, use your Computer's 'Search' function)

1.2 - Fix for Windows Vista/Windows 7
How to clear cache if your Operating System is Windows Vista or Windows 7:
Step 1.) Go to C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming
([User] refers to your Computer's User. It is different for everyone.)
Step 2.) Once there you'll see a bunch of folders representing the Dofus client. Among them will be "DofusOnline.XXXXXXXXXXX" or OTHER Dofus folders. Delete ALL of these directories. Restart Dofus 2.0 client
(If you are having trouble finding this directory, use your Computer's 'Search' function)

1.3 - Fix for Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic (Linux)
How to clear the cache if your Operation System is Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic
Step 1.) Go to Places -> Home Folder
Step 2.) Press CTRL-H to Show Hidden (or you can go to View -> Show Hidden)
Step 3.) Open -> .appdata
Step 4.) Delete all of the Dofus folders in there
Step 5.) Restart Game

2 - FAQs
Q - I can’t find the DofusOnline.xxxxxxx folder! What should I do!?
A - If you do NOT have the folder listed above, then delete ALL of the dofus folders in your appdata folder. If it breaks your game, reinstall and play again, these folders will be restored. Deleting these COMPLETELY removes the cache and forces your game to make an entirely new one, all broken files will be removed and replaced with GOOD ones.

Q - I can’t seem to find the appdata folder! What should I do now? Is something wrong?
A - No, nothing is wrong with your computer! The folder is hidden for your protection because messing with the wrong files in that location can break certain programs, you’ll notice that because of all the names of the folders may start to be named after programs on your computer like computer games. If you can’t seem to find the folder I’m talking about, look up into the address bar on your computer, if you click in it, it should look something like this. “C:\Users\[computer account name]”, [computer account name] being what your computer is logged in under, let’s use Mary for example. So when you see C:\Users\Mary, tack \appdata onto the end so it looks like “C:\Users\Mary\appdata”. When you’re done with that, it’ll take you to a new folder where you’ll find “roaming”, that’s your destination. Double click that folder and it’ll take you where you want to go!

A fix for Mac has YET to be found!

REMEMBER!! DELETE THE DOFUS 2 FOLDER AS WELL!

---------------------------------------------
I hope this helps =)!

-Mentor 68

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2006-03-02
posté April 30, 2010, 05:12:23 | #5
Alright, my servers are being jerks and I don't have the energy to go reboot em. For now, help me out here.

Are these lines
/home/"myname"/ankama/Dofus
sudo Adobe AIR Application Installer -silent -location /home/familia/ankama/Dofus /tmp/selfgz25909/Dofus.air > /dev/null

run by DofusInstall.run or by you? We need more error output if we can get it. If it's you, get rid of -silent and consider appending 2> &1 to the end. If the installer did it, just throw 2> &1 at the end of your ./DofusInstall.run command. Post the output, if any, here.

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2008-04-04
posté May 15, 2010, 08:51:57 | #6
Hi,
I got a similar problem, the message "This application is unable to access the internet. Do you want to define your network settings?" appeard when i execute the uplauncher.

Found a solution on the site of ubuntu-fr. I dont know if it is safe, but it works for me(on Debian Lenny). Here is the solution:

1 - Opem the file /etc/hosts :
sudo gedit /etc/hosts

2 - add this line to the file:
213.200.108.51 dl.ak.ankama.com

3 - Save the file and restart Dofus 2

I hope this can help someone...

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2006-11-16
posté August 12, 2010, 12:41:15 | #7

Quote (chatao @ 15 May 2010 07:51) *
Hi,
I got a similar problem, the message "This application is unable to access the internet. Do you want to define your network settings?" appeard when i execute the uplauncher.

Found a solution on the site of ubuntu-fr. I dont know if it is safe, but it works for me(on Debian Lenny). Here is the solution:

I hope this can help someone...

Yes, thank you very much!