Back to forum.dofus.com
Almanax 1 Novamaire
Captain Chafer's Panty Party
Captain Chafer's Panty Party has always been quite a curious event. Founded in honour of the well-...

No flash

uplauncher crash on mac
Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2006-07-04
posté December 17, 2009, 11:08:20 | #1
uplauncher crash on mac Hi,

I have an annoying problem: every time I start Dofus through the Uplauncher on my Mac OS X system the Uplauncher crashes after starting Dofus.
So it's not a real problem but I get these error messages every time.
As we (we have more Dofus players in the family) play on more than one computer I know it happens on Leopard and on Snow Leopard, with Flash 9 and Flash 10.
I think it's a bug in the Uplauncher but maybe someone knows a solution?

Berebor

Subscriber Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2006-03-17
posté December 18, 2009, 00:25:51 | #2

Quote (Berebor @ 17 December 2009 11:08) *
Hi,

I have an annoying problem: every time I start Dofus through the Uplauncher on my Mac OS X system the Uplauncher crashes after starting Dofus.
So it's not a real problem but I get these error messages every time.
As we (we have more Dofus players in the family) play on more than one computer I know it happens on Leopard and on Snow Leopard, with Flash 9 and Flash 10.
I think it's a bug in the Uplauncher but maybe someone knows a solution?

Berebor

I've run though the forum himting for answers. If you have Leopard and Snow Leopard try cmd clicking on the icon and then show package contents. When you find the Dofus app open that - may work a bit...

Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2006-07-04
posté December 18, 2009, 15:00:09 | #3

Quote (XorthaCypher @ 18 December 2009 01:25) *
I've run though the forum himting for answers. If you have Leopard and Snow Leopard try cmd clicking on the icon and then show package contents. When you find the Dofus app open that - may work a bit...

I looked into the package but no clues there, as far as I can see.

I'm not the only one with this problem but why does nobody talk about it?

Berebor

Subscriber Kolosso's Fastball Special
* * * * * Member Since 2008-01-18
posté December 18, 2009, 15:26:20 | #4
hai Berebor

I had that same problem before, but I think I was just lucky to get it solves so quickly if i hear from other ppl

I'll tell you what I did to solve it:
  1. I closed all my apps
  2. I restarted my Mac
  3. I reïnstalled it (didn't do it but I'd do it so it'll be gone for sure)
  4. [*]I restarted my Mac again (same as above)
That's how I solved it, but as I've already said: I'm prolly lucky to solve it so quickly

posté December 26, 2009, 17:27:17 | #5
I've got the same problem and already tried to reinstall/restart

The-Canary (Rushu)
Crowns
Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2006-04-08
posté December 28, 2009, 19:26:02 | #6
I tried that Zamai, and am with you CherryBlast, still unable to get it to work. I've always have a problem with dofus and using it on the mac, whether it was needing to go into the adobe internet preferences and selecting the app for it to accept cookies or what have you. There is another topic which gives some assistence:

Right click the Dofus app and select the 'show contents'>contents>macOS>launcher and letting that run in the background and back in the content folder>resources>dofus.app but it still quits itself.

I've had my father who is a programer go in and see if there's anything that i haven't already tried that he can do to fix it but didn't have any luck.
The thing with me is that the launcher works fine, though it has a window that says dofus couldn't access the internet and if i want to define it, i say yes and it then opens a window for me to put in information for a proxy from my internet connection, though I don't need to i click ok and it starts to update the game, then quits

I fear that there is nothing that can be done about this, I'm still going to try stuff and if i make a break through I'll be sure to post about it, best of luck to you all!

posté March 15, 2010, 13:48:13 | #7
So, anybody found a solution to this problem? Because months have passed and still my Uplauncher keeps quitting -.-

posté August 19, 2010, 00:16:32 | #8
Make sure that you have Adobe Air installed and updated. That's what fixed it for me

posté August 19, 2010, 02:49:21 | #9

Quote (Shackled @ 19 August 2010 00:16) *
Make sure that you have Adobe Air installed and updated. That's what fixed it for me

I have installed and updated Adobe Air but UpLauncher still does the same thing. Is there a setting that I need to use?

posté August 19, 2010, 02:55:34 | #10

Quote (Tsukimai @ 19 August 2010 02:49) *
I have installed and updated Adobe Air but UpLauncher still does the same thing. Is there a setting that I need to use?

okay I tried to do the right click "show details" blah blah blah....and I get this message :

The Kernel was unable to load the main configuration file.
Your client installation may be corrupted.

Please contact the Ankama Games support with this error message.
http://support.ankama-games.com/