Back to forum.dofus.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Nerodos]'s profile
Assistant Community Manager Professor Xa Tipper
Statistics
4034 Posts (3.34 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 23:20:41 | #1
I suspect you know the answer too and I don't want to get into this either, but at this point I think it's better to address it anyway: the Houses will go through a process of instantiation eerily similar to that of the Paddocks, and that's the relation between the two. Basically, this is another issue caused by us getting ready for the server merge.

The Developers do listen and care about Community feedback. For example, in regards for the Eniripsa, I feel that you're not being entirely fair: the healing potentials of some of the spells have been increased yesterday, and I for one have yet to see the new numbers in action.

But working with that feedback is not always simple. You have seen what happened with the Prestige Levels and Spell Variants: we listened to your feedback, and went right back to the drawing board. Now it's gonna be months before it is ready to be share with you again.

We are trying to do better, we really are, and we need you to be patient with us while we figure out how. The Gamakna is, we hope, a step in the right direction. Other than that, please do keep giving us feedback. It helps.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't stand up for Izmar: it's true she isn't interacting much with you these days. She is in fact working behind the scenes to make sure I can interact with you as much as I do, and trying to make the whole "line of communication with the Developers" thing easier and more efficient.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330568  Replies : 14  Views : 162
posté Yesterday - 23:06:03 | #2
I make no promises, but I'll pass the request along.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330567  Replies : 31  Views : 879
posté Yesterday - 20:37:19 | #3
The code unlocks card boosters in Krosmaga.

In order to unlock the emote in DOFUS, you need to play Krosmaga and reach Rank 6.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330556  Replies : 10  Views : 114
posté Yesterday - 19:30:40 | #4
I apologize, I'm not entirely sure I understand the question.

If you are referring to compensation, this has not been decided yet. We are still debating it, trying to take into account your feedback and requests in order to come up with something that everyone can be happy with.

If you are not referring to compensation, please be more explicit.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330552  Replies : 14  Views : 162
posté Yesterday - 19:00:47 | #5
I would just like to confirm what Schmendrick edited: a Developer has indeed confirmed that these issues were due to a revamp of the paddocks supposed to prepare them for the server merge and supposed to be invisible to you.

These tragic events are due to a revamp of the paddock system relative to the multiple instances system, as well as some changes in the way the data pertaining to the mounts are handled, and how the error and transfer messages are sent. You may have/will notice most of these changes while interacting with paddocks. Huge modifications have been made, and they should have remained invisible to you, but obviously you kinda noticed them when these issues occurred. Here's to hoping we won't run into any more of these issues!

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330548  Replies : 14  Views : 162
posté Yesterday - 18:52:16 | #6
From what I can see, all the Rank 6 rewards were credited to your account on February 12th.

That means that I (or anyone else on these forums) can't do anything to help you. You need to talk to Support.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330547  Replies : 1  Views : 30
posté Yesterday - 18:52:04 | #7
I have reported these last two bugs to the devs.

However, they would benefit from proper Bug Reports (as more data means it would be easier to reproduce and fix them), if you would be so kind.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330546  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 21, 2017, 22:36:34 | #8
Ah yes, the mystery of the Ghost Dragoturkeys... Well, the Scooby-gang investigated.

Turns out it wasn't old man Willis, the lighthouse keeper (I was genuinely disappointed about that). This is a purely graphical bug, and it will be fixed during next week's maintenance.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330504  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 21, 2017, 21:11:06 | #9
As I've mentioned, the developers are aware of the issue preventing players from entering houses they don't own, and it will be fixed during next week's maintenance.

Quote (wheresmymind @ 21 February 2017 20:51) *
I would also like to add in the guild house problem.

I have a level 20 guild, with 2 houses. I was having trouble getting a non guild member in, so I tried making the house a non guild house. (He still couldn't get in, but thats a known problem).

When I tried re-adding the house as a guild house, it is saying I am at the maximum amount for my guild level. So now my guild can only have 1 house as level 22.

This, however, seems new. I have passed this information along to the developers.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330500  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 21, 2017, 21:07:47 | #10
I'm not Nerd-Tease, but here's the link to submit a bug report.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330498  Replies : 7  Views : 175
posté February 21, 2017, 19:11:35 | #11
This thread was brought to the attention of the developers, and here is what they have to say on the topic of increasing paddock/shed size:

We have no intention of increasing the size of paddocks and/or sheds; we already consider the way breeding is currently done to be way too "industrial" and massive, and we have no desire to push players towards producing even more mounts, because the game would not be able to destroy them fast enough.

And on the topic of certificate filters:

As for the filters, as far as I know we can't filter the information available in the certificates because that information isn't readily available to the DOFUS client -- the client needs to ask the game servers for the information.

tl;dr: More mounts are too many mounts, and certificate filters are technically impossible.

Thread : Suggestion Box  Preview message : #1330486  Replies : 4  Views : 324
posté February 21, 2017, 17:23:19 | #12
The developers are aware of the issue with Houses and it will be fixed during the weekly maintenance next week.

Regarding the ongoing paddock issues:

The paddocks have been reopened this morning, as scheduled, after the weekly maintenance that fixed the bug. You can find more information about the bugs fixed this morning in today's Changelog.

To reiterate, all character transfers that were originally planned for today have been rescheduled to next week.

In addition, the delay before the expiration of mounts' births has been increased, and mount certificates that have expired while the paddocks were closed will be retrieved.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330475  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 21, 2017, 16:53:34 | #13
Rescheduled server transfers Hello,

Due to the recent breeding bug, access to paddocks had to be closed from Friday 02/17 to Tuesday, 02/21. Because of that, players who have booked a server transfer for Tuesday 02/21 didn't have the opportunity to correctly handle their paddocks and the mounts they wished to carry over to their new server with them.

As such, server transfers that were initially due this week have been rescheduled, and will take place on Tuesday 02/28, during the next weekly maintenance, in order to let everyone have an opportunity to organize properly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Preview message : #1330473  Replies : 0  Views : 0
posté February 21, 2017, 16:47:58 | #14
Here are the modifications brought by the 02/21/2017 maintenance:

Eniripsa:

• The healing potential of the Puzzling Word, Selective Word, and Alternative Word spells is increased.
  • The minimal range for the Turbulent Word spell is now 1.

Quests:

• Lenald Legend quest: fixed an issue that used to trigger the premature validation of the quest after defeating the Evil Dopple (only for Ouginak characters).

Breeding:

• Paddocks can be accessed again.
  • The delay before mount births expire is increased by 7 more days.
  • Mount certificates are no longer abnormally suppressed or duplicated when the character uses a paddock while being overloaded.
  • In the mount information sheets, only the equipped mount can be neutered.

Miscellaneous:

• During Treasure Hunts, putting down a mark in a subterranean paddock or a house is now forbidden (because it is useless), and should now longer trigger errors.
  • The doors of houses that have several doors work correctly (they no longer systematically teleport the character on the same map).
  • The in-game Shop is available again.

Character transfers to other servers originally scheduled to take place this week are exceptionally rescheduled to Tuesday, February 28th.
Mount certificates that have expired between Friday 02/18 and Tuesday 02/21 will exceptionally be made valid again in a little over a week. This operation will require complex data injections and we will need several days to perform it.

Thread : Log Book  Preview message : #1330472  Replies : 1  Views : 629
posté February 20, 2017, 17:27:11 | #15
I have some good news:

The weekly maintenance will take place tomorrow after all. It will fix the issue with the paddocks, and thus they will reopen right afterwards.

Character transfers will not take place on tomorrow, but will take place during maintenance next week instead.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330382  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 20, 2017, 15:13:22 | #16
That's not a bug. You should be able to find proper Gobballs in the Gobball Dungeon. Alternatively, the event will end in a couple days, and then you'll be able to find regular Gobballs instead of the pink ones.

The compensation bonus for breeders isn't decided yet, but we're listening to your griefs, and we will do our best to take them into account.

A little update on the situation: character transfers will not take place during the weekly maintenance, but afterwards. It is unknown at this time when exactly the transfers will take place, but we will notify you with the date as soon as possible.

Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330373  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 20, 2017, 11:51:57 | #17

Quote (capslok @ 18 February 2017 08:02) *
Coincidence, or strange issue with the boxes?

I can confirm that it is in fact merely a coincidence.

Our overall statistics (drawn using all the Mystery Boxes that have been opened) are consistent with the set probability to open any given prize (including the Ross pet), meaning that there is nothing wrong with our RNG (or with the Mystery Boxes themselves).

If you want to try your luck at another prize than the Ross pet (and see if the odds are in your favor), then the Saint Ballotwine's Mystery Box will remain in the Emporium for a dozen more hours!

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330357  Replies : 6  Views : 178
posté February 20, 2017, 11:01:04 | #18
The "Alternate Payment Options" choice should now be available for all Ogrine packs, including the 23,000 one.

Thread : Subscription and payment  Preview message : #1330354  Replies : 2  Views : 54
posté February 17, 2017, 23:38:37 | #19
We didn't forget you, randomly or otherwise. You can be sure of that.

I will keep you updated as I get more information.

We will keep up the good work.

I hope you enjoy your newly-acquired hat.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330180  Replies : 31  Views : 879
posté February 17, 2017, 22:59:09 | #20
OK, so.

The Livitinem Hat has showed up in the 1.29 Shop.

It's not much, I agree. In fact, it's a single item more than there was when I told you more items could show up this week. Perhaps I was careless in my use of the plural.

But I would like for you to accept this Livitinem Hat as proof of our good faith and good will when it comes to the addition of items to the 1.29 Shop. We don't want to disappoint you, but on top of adding more items, it also means adding non-bugged items.

We apologize that our tests, designed and undertaken to make sure that the items we want to add are fully compatible and won't cause you trouble down the line, are so long. But please trust that when these tests are over, and conclusive, new items are added.

Today, it's a Livitinem Hat.

But who knows what Tomorrow will bring? Who can guess what the future has in (the 1.29) store?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330175  Replies : 31  Views : 879
posté February 17, 2017, 22:25:31 | #21
True, but seriously, could you have this illustration just lying around and not use it as a cover for your brand new magazine?

Would you have the will and fortitude to pass up such exquisite badassery on the mere principle that it doesn't reference anything in the magazine itself?

Be honest. You wouldn't.

Well, we didn't either.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330172  Replies : 32  Views : 696
posté February 17, 2017, 22:21:55 | #22
The paddocks will remain closed until the weekly maintenance on February 22nd, next Wednesday (instead of Tuesday, exceptionally).

A compensation (as of yet undetermined) will be given out to breeders.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330169  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 17, 2017, 20:25:40 | #23
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'll pass all your suggestions along. The music idea is especially great, it's a prime example of something that wouldn't be possible with a plain old magazine.

As for the exclusive, this issue being #0, and a bit peculiar, I believe there isn't anything this time. At any rate, it wouldn't be something you'd need the app for. The app is there to make reading more comfortable on select devices (smartphones and tablets) and thus complement the browser version (which can be awkward at times, as you've noticed), not make you 'miss out' on content.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330162  Replies : 32  Views : 696
posté February 17, 2017, 19:24:14 | #24
Well, as mentioned in the News, this issue #0 is a bit of trial and error, and we will try and do better with the next issues. Feedback is appreciated, and passed along to the Gamakna team, including about the possibility to copy/paste the texts to feed them into Google Translate.

As for your request concerning Simsoft's piece, please understand that I cannot fully translate it. I simply do not have that kind of time at the moment.

I can, however, summarize the points that particularly interest you:

Simply put, we do not have the means to enforce a mono-account server, because the technology that helps people go around our restrictions is only becoming easier to find and use. We can't keep up.
And if we can't guarantee a mono-account server, then there's no point in offering a mono-account server.

That said, we would like to set up a 'seasonal' server, after the server merge is over. This server would have a very limited life expectancy, and would allow you to experience the "rush" of a brand-new server. Once the 'season' would be over, we'd transfer the characters to regular servers so you'd get to keep them.
However, that is a faraway project, a glimmer in Simsoft's eye, planned for after a server merge that, even though it draws more and more closer, remains a thing for the future.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330158  Replies : 32  Views : 696
posté February 17, 2017, 18:03:13 | #25
The issue with paddocks has been identified, but fixing it is going to take some time.

Exceptionally, next week's weekly maintenance will take place on Wednesday (February 22nd). This maintenance will fix the paddock issue, as well as a few other bugs.

A bonus (undetermined at this point) will be given out to breeders as a compensation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330150  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 17, 2017, 17:38:59 | #26
Regarding the missing content, it appears to be a deliberate action on the part of the Gamakna team.

The content that is missing as been judged as being too specific to the French readers to be interesting for other audiences (meaning you), and as such was cut.
Simsoft's piece, if I will personally agree it contained some information that could be of interest to you (hence why I shared a summary in the Reviewing 2016 and Previewing 2017 comments thread), was specifically answering queries that had been made on the FR forums, and thus deemed specifically aimed at the French players.

However, though it is definitely too late for this issue #0, we will gather feedback from you to know what you are interested in, and strive to do better in the future.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330148  Replies : 32  Views : 696
posté February 17, 2017, 16:34:12 | #27
We are investigating the issue of the countries in which the Gamakna app is unavailable.

According to Apple, it should be available in every country (including the ones you've quoted) for the App Store, so it might take a while to figure out what's wrong.

Google, however, said they've just opened the app to all countries, but it could take up to a few hours before your Play Store updates properly.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

I'm investigating the issue of the missing content.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330136  Replies : 32  Views : 696
posté February 17, 2017, 16:28:40 | #28
The paddocks have indeed been disabled again while we are investigating an issue that arose just recently.

Once the aforementioned issue is fixed, we'll open them again. And, of course, we will do our best to fix said issue post-haste.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330135  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 17, 2017, 15:55:25 | #29
Special Notice - On closed paddocks All paddocks are now closed while we fix a newly arisen issue.

Said issue will be fixed during the weekly maintenance tomorrow, on Tuesday (February the 21st).

A bonus (as of yet undecided) will be given as compensations to the breeders among you.

Additionally, character transfers will not take place tomorrow, but next week, during the weekly maintenance.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Preview message : #1330128  Replies : 0  Views : 0
posté February 16, 2017, 21:07:58 | #30
We'e revamped the characteristics system with Update 2.26 (released December 9, 2014). You can find the details here.

Your points aren't gone, you merely need to re-distribute them (as you can see, you have 2,341 points left to distribute). These points include both your natural points (gained through leveling) and your bonus points (gained via scrolls). Merely click on the + (plus) signs next to each characteristics to get started.

However, please keep in mind three things:
  • You can only scroll back up to 100
  • Softcaps no longer apply to bonus points (meaning if you point 100 bonus points in a characteristic, it won't affect softcaps)
  • Bonus points are filled in separately from natural points (meaning you can scroll characteristics in which you already put natural points without risking to 'lose' anything)

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330089  Replies : 2  Views : 91
posté February 16, 2017, 19:09:33 | #31
No, they don't get to keep being Ouginaks.

Class changes, once purchased (or in this case, gifted), are mandatory (hence why TheStarbucksBarista hasn't been able to play since they purchased theirs: they need to validate the class change before playing, and don't want to do it if it's not to an Ouginak), meaning they will be forced out of the Ouginak class to any class of their choosing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330084  Replies : 50  Views : 1445
posté February 16, 2017, 18:59:57 | #32
Quite frankly, oversights are rarely fair: they are accidents.

That said, it is indeed impossible to class change to Ouginaks at the moment. It will become possible to do so some time after the release of Update 2.41 (scheduled for release in roughly two months).

It was indeed possible to do so right after the release of Update 2.40, and it was a mistake. The possibility has been removed and the characters that have class changed to Ouginaks will be refunded their Ogrines and granted a free class change to one of the classes that are actually available through this service (including their old class, should they so choose).

As for your particular situation of having bought a class change specifically to become an Ouginak, you can either accept to class change to another class, or talk to Support and explain the mistake to them, so that they may reimburse your Ogrines and cancel the class change (thus allowing you to keep your current class).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1330082  Replies : 50  Views : 1445
posté February 15, 2017, 16:31:49 | #33
We would need more information to help you. Please open a thread in the Problems and Solutions subforum and tell us which server your character is on, where they were and what they were doing before you started encountering this issue, if you encounter this issue with only one character or several (and therefore, whether other characters are fine), and at which point are you disconnected (right after selecting the character, right after entering the game, etc).

Quote (tartanosx @ 15 February 2017 08:13) *
Since when Doploon no longer be able to be traded to Kollosoken, please fix this issue ASAP. thanks.

This change dates back to Update 2.37. It's a voluntary change (there's an explanation in the link I gave you), not a bug, and thus it's not something we are looking to fix.

Quote (Bill-Tell @ 15 February 2017 10:43) *
The site was down, came back, but our paddocks are still unavailable.

The servers are back up now and you should be able to access your paddocks. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1330020  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 14, 2017, 20:15:25 | #34
I'm sorry, I do not know. The developers will fix the issue as soon as possible, but depending on what the issue is, exactly (what causes it, under which circumstances, etc), it could take a while or it could be fixed before noon (Paris Time) tomorrow.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #1329966  Replies : 4  Views : 295
posté February 14, 2017, 20:13:24 | #35
That's why if the issue is still present for some users, we need to ascertain why that is.

Quote (Zing-Zing @ 14 February 2017 19:53) *
People are worried that because they cannot access paddocks, that their mounts may miscarry. Can you please tell us if this is likely?

From what I have been told, I'd say it's unlikely.

To quote, "Access to paddocks has been temporarily blocked because of a bug preventing female mounts from giving birth to several babies. As soon as a fix is deployed, you'll be able to access the paddocks again, risk-free."

This last part, 'risk-free', would indicate there is no risk of miscarriage. Furthermore, we're trying to make sure you have more babies, not less, hence why I'd say it's unlikely.

Quote (Zing-Zing @ 14 February 2017 19:53) *
Also, how likely is a rollback?

Highly unlikely. I know a rollback has been performed on the Heroic and Epic servers, but this is because we have had a stability issue between 17:30 and 17:50, and on these servers the consequences are dire. Because nobody wants to suffer a permanent death and lose everything because the servers lagged during the most crucial moment of a fight, we had to roll these servers back.

The regular server have no such issues, and a rollback is thus unlikely.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1329965  Replies : 72  Views : 1267
posté February 14, 2017, 18:21:11 | #36
You're welcome.

Quote (jobstaaaa @ 14 February 2017 18:10) *

Quote (Nerodos @ 14 February 2017 18:03) *
Could you give more details, please?

All Ouginak-related text seems to be in French and contains [!]

EDIT: Not just Ouginak-related. Just all new text.

This does not seem to be the case on my end. Are you sure your client is up-to-date? You can check its version number in the Uplauncher's options. You should be running version 2.40.0.118482.4.

Thread : Problems and solutions  Preview message : #1329961  Replies : 72  Views : 1267