Speaking of equipment, all of the stats of all of the new Frigost III equipment will be revealed on the first day of the beta test! Prepare your spreadsheets, warm up your damage simulators, and stretch out your gray matter, because game theorycrafting will be in the spotlight!
However, during this beta test, all of the dungeons of Frigost III will not be open at all times. You: "WHATCHU TALKIN' 'BOUT, IZMAR??!" But here's the method behind the madness: We don't want to completely spoil every delicious detail of the new dungeons on day one of the beta or for beta players to have a significant advantage of having perfected their grinding routine for the new dungeons before other players have even touched a toe to the final release. But more importantly, because the dungeons of Frigost III do not naturally have constraints on which dungeon you must complete first, we want to gently shape the traffic on the beta test towards each Frigost III dungeon in turn so the development and game design team can have clear, unambiguous data for each dungeon.
This is why we will only be opening each dungeon during specific times, announced in advance. When a dungeon is open for testing, one or more members of the DOFUS team will be there to observe players in their dungeon progress, and will be available to players if they have questions or problems during their battles. This way, we can respond to player feedback in a more focused way, and we limit the risk of players becoming overly familiar with the dungeons too quickly before the final release.
The 2.11 update will be deployed on the test server next week. We expect that it will be on or after Thursday, March 28, 2013.
Here is the schedule for the first part of the beta (we will announce more dungeon openings as the beta progresses). All times listed are in DOFUS game time (aka DUT) which is equivalent to GMT+1.
- Thursday, March 28: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge
- Friday, March 29: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Nileza's Laboratory
- Saturday, March 30: from 15:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge
- Sunday, March 31: from 16:00 to 17:00 - Nileza's Laboratory
- Monday, April 1: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Dev's choice of dungeon, depending on earlier tests.
- Tuesday, April 2: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Sylargh's Carrier
Wednesday, April 3 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Klime's Private Suite
- Thursday, April 4 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Klime's Private Suite
- Friday, April 5: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Sylargh's Carrier (working version)
- Saturday, April 6 from 15:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge (rebalanced version)
- Sunday, April 7 from 16:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Nileza's Laboratory (rebalanced version)
- Monday, April 8 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Testing for Klime's Private Suite (rebalanced version)
- Tuesday, April 9 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Count Harebourg's
- Wednesday, April 10 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge (rebalanced version)
- Thursday, April 11 from 16:00 to 18:00 - Testing for Sylargh's Carrier (working version)
Note: Keys for the dungeon being tested will be provided during the testing hours. A dungeon's open or closed state will depend on the activation or deactivation of the NPC at the entrance of the dungeon. This means that when the testing period is complete, it will not be possible to enter the dungeon from the outside (even if you are trying to return to a room where you died), but those inside the dungeon will be able to continue their struggle until they reach the end.
Additional note: If you do not already have access to Frigost 2 and 3, go to -2,-1 and enter the Fast Food Stand. This should allow you to complete the Frozen Peak quest, and give you access to the Frigost zaaps.
For the rest of the time, don't worry, you will have lots of other new features to discover in the 2.11 update, and the faithful Poutch Ingballs will be waiting for you in the Kanojedo any time of the day or night!