Back to forum.dofus.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Features and dates for the 2.11 Beta Test

Thread closed

Community Manager Klime Buttonholer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-10-19
posté March 21, 2013, 17:49:27 | #1
Features and dates for the 2.11 Beta Test As you already know, in the 2.11 update, we are opening the doors to Frigost III and Count Harebourg's castle! This expansion will have five new dungeons just waiting for adventurers like you to explore them, along with new sets and dozens of new pieces of equipment.

Speaking of equipment, all of the stats of all of the new Frigost III equipment will be revealed on the first day of the beta test! Prepare your spreadsheets, warm up your damage simulators, and stretch out your gray matter, because game theorycrafting will be in the spotlight!

However, during this beta test, all of the dungeons of Frigost III will not be open at all times. You: "WHATCHU TALKIN' 'BOUT, IZMAR??!" But here's the method behind the madness: We don't want to completely spoil every delicious detail of the new dungeons on day one of the beta or for beta players to have a significant advantage of having perfected their grinding routine for the new dungeons before other players have even touched a toe to the final release. But more importantly, because the dungeons of Frigost III do not naturally have constraints on which dungeon you must complete first, we want to gently shape the traffic on the beta test towards each Frigost III dungeon in turn so the development and game design team can have clear, unambiguous data for each dungeon.

This is why we will only be opening each dungeon during specific times, announced in advance. When a dungeon is open for testing, one or more members of the DOFUS team will be there to observe players in their dungeon progress, and will be available to players if they have questions or problems during their battles. This way, we can respond to player feedback in a more focused way, and we limit the risk of players becoming overly familiar with the dungeons too quickly before the final release.

The 2.11 update will be deployed on the test server next week. We expect that it will be on or after Thursday, March 28, 2013.

Here is the schedule for the first part of the beta (we will announce more dungeon openings as the beta progresses). All times listed are in DOFUS game time (aka DUT) which is equivalent to GMT+1.

• Thursday, March 28: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge
  • Friday, March 29: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Nileza's Laboratory
  • Saturday, March 30: from 15:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge
  • Sunday, March 31: from 16:00 to 17:00 - Nileza's Laboratory
  • Monday, April 1: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Dev's choice of dungeon, depending on earlier tests.
  • Tuesday, April 2: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Sylargh's Carrier
  • Wednesday, April 3 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Klime's Private Suite
  • Thursday, April 4 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Klime's Private Suite
  • Friday, April 5: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Sylargh's Carrier (working version)
  • Saturday, April 6 from 15:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge (rebalanced version)
  • Sunday, April 7 from 16:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Nileza's Laboratory (rebalanced version)
  • Monday, April 8 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Testing for Klime's Private Suite (rebalanced version)
  • Tuesday, April 9 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Count Harebourg's
  • Wednesday, April 10 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge (rebalanced version)
  • Thursday, April 11 from 16:00 to 18:00 - Testing for Sylargh's Carrier (working version)

Note: Keys for the dungeon being tested will be provided during the testing hours. A dungeon's open or closed state will depend on the activation or deactivation of the NPC at the entrance of the dungeon. This means that when the testing period is complete, it will not be possible to enter the dungeon from the outside (even if you are trying to return to a room where you died), but those inside the dungeon will be able to continue their struggle until they reach the end.

Additional note: If you do not already have access to Frigost 2 and 3, go to -2,-1 and enter the Fast Food Stand. This should allow you to complete the Frozen Peak quest, and give you access to the Frigost zaaps.

For the rest of the time, don't worry, you will have lots of other new features to discover in the 2.11 update, and the faithful Poutch Ingballs will be waiting for you in the Kanojedo any time of the day or night!

Former Subscriber Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2010-12-19
posté March 21, 2013, 17:52:13 | #2
Woop, woop! Bring on the pain!!  

Llama (Rushu)
Team Rocket
Member of the Zenith * Member Since 2008-07-22
posté March 21, 2013, 18:15:47 | #3
Only 3 hours a day? That's a HUGE pain in the neck, and a clear issue for American players, as those times are 8 am - 11 am. For those with school and work this makes Beta testing impossible. I guess I wont be participating in the Beta this year.

Is there anyways the Devs would be willing to open the dungeons twice a day? I know there's also a huge chunk of the Spanish Community that lives in South America, meaning they're not going to be getting much testing done either...

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - March 21, 2013, 18:17:07.
Former Subscriber Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2010-12-19
posté March 21, 2013, 18:28:08 | #4
School shouldn't be a problem unless its year-round, it takes place during Spring Break

Unofficial Forum Answer Bot Count Harebourg Clocker
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté March 21, 2013, 18:30:22 | #5
They will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well. Even in America you should be able to get on at least once during the weekend, even tho it is a bit early.

Llama (Rushu)
Team Rocket
Member of the Zenith * Member Since 2008-07-22
posté March 21, 2013, 19:00:59 | #6

Quote (HatedOne @ 21 March 2013 18:28) *
School shouldn't be a problem unless its year-round, it takes place during Spring Break
Not all schools follow the same spring break calendar. For example the local high school's doesn't start for two weeks, but the high school where my girl friend lives has two days left of theirs. And in terms of universities FSU 's ends tomorrow, and the local college here has already resumed classes.

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 21 March 2013 18:30) *
They will be open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well. Even in America you should be able to get on at least once during the weekend, even tho it is a bit early.

I'm sorry Revil, but I respectfully disagree . A lot of students are also stuck working weekends, especially since the economy tanked, and this is only talking about those that live in the east coast. What about the large chunk of players who live in the west cost, waking up at 5 am to help test out? Yeah, I don't think that's fair at all.

posté March 21, 2013, 20:04:00 | #7
I don't disagree that it sucks, but I wouldn't have any problem getting up at 5 am for a day to get a first look at one of the new dungeons. You can always go back to sleep afterwards.

That is the price that is paid when you live continents away from the guys who make the game I suppose.

This post has been edited by Revil-Nunor - March 21, 2013, 20:04:35.
Angel of the Forums Tengu Snowfoux Tickler
* * * * * Member Since 2011-01-11
posté March 21, 2013, 20:46:12 | #8
The update says five dungeons, but the schedule only shows two different dungeons: Missiz Freezz's Frostforge and Nileza's Laboratory.

Are only these two dungeons being released intially with the other three to follow?

Like the others said this schedule will prevent me from participating in the beta test of the dungeons as that time is not convenient for me with my work schedule. I'm sure there will be plenty who can though, and as long as someone videos it so the rest of us who can't do it can see what it'll be like I'll be happy. I love spoilers.  

This post has been edited by Mishna - March 21, 2013, 20:46:40.
Rare Item Hunter Missiz Freezz Waxer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-01-05
posté March 21, 2013, 22:02:17 | #9
The test schedule was posted up to ApriI 1st? Makes me wonder if this is a set-up for an elaborate joke. 

posté March 21, 2013, 22:28:30 | #10

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 21 March 2013 22:02) *
The test schedule was posted up to ApriI 1st? Makes me wonder if this is a set-up for an elaborate joke.

Hah, that would be the most epic troll ever. No one would ever trust Ankama again.  

Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2007-01-28
posté March 21, 2013, 22:33:48 | #11

Quote (Mishna @ 21 March 2013 20:46) *
The update says five dungeons, but the schedule only shows two different dungeons: Missiz Freezz's Frostforge and Nileza's Laboratory.
Hm my first assumption was that they wanna start with those two first and then depending on how it goes, get the others tested too. Kind of a one-at-a-time approach.
This would imply a fairly long Beta phase which isn't a bad thing I suppose. I just hope it's put to good use and the necessary fixes are done before the full release.

posté March 21, 2013, 22:41:00 | #12
The Beta is supposedly going to be about 3 weeks long.

Former Subscriber Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2011-02-26
posté March 22, 2013, 00:26:49 | #13

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 21 March 2013 18:15) *
Only 3 hours a day? That's a HUGE pain in the neck, and a clear issue for American players, as those times are 8 am - 11 am. For those with school and work this makes Beta testing impossible. I guess I wont be participating in the Beta this year.

Is there anyways the Devs would be willing to open the dungeons twice a day? I know there's also a huge chunk of the Spanish Community that lives in South America, meaning they're not going to be getting much testing done either...
Unless I misread, aren't those only for the dungeon while the rest of the beta will be open all the time?

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2006-07-08
posté March 22, 2013, 01:29:46 | #14
who cares if the new dungs will be open for only 3 hours a day ,this will be a massive changelog to include the weapons restrictions per a turn and the weapon mods on top of that,
after we take all this in, then we can look at the new sets after that we then go to the new areas and fight small mobs to test there spells and so on.

This post has been edited by snax - March 22, 2013, 01:36:40.
Baby-Kan (Rushu)
Pumas
Subscriber Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
* * * * Member Since 2008-01-07
posté March 22, 2013, 04:11:01 | #15
Lol yah I'm more interested in the changelog than the actual dungeons, more-so because as mentioned people work, and I am a student who has to work to live and pay for school. I also have a kid so I get up early in the morning sometimes at 5am usually to get him up/cleaned up/fed and to take to daycare, help take my gf to work and then I'm busy working or in school, so I'm busy everyday of the week. My evenings and nights are usually free though, the way I like it. Not complaining, but people have lives, or at least I'd like to think they do.

~KAN~

shaz (Rushu)
Pumas
Subscriber Treechnid Hugger
* Member Since 2006-12-06
posté March 22, 2013, 05:02:17 | #16

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 21 March 2013 19:00) *

Quote (HatedOne @ 21 March 2013 18:28) *
Not all schools follow the same spring break calendar. For example the local high school's doesn't start for two weeks, but the high school where my girl friend lives has two days left of theirs. And in terms of universities FSU 's ends tomorrow, and the local college here has already resumed classes.

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 21 March 2013 18:30) *

I'm sorry Revil, but I respectfully disagree . A lot of students are also stuck working weekends, especially since the economy tanked, and this is only talking about those that live in the east coast. What about the large chunk of players who live in the west cost, waking up at 5 am to help test out? Yeah, I don't think that's fair at all.
why do you mention-*spring break* ? some people work we are not all students here ya know lol but i agree that the hrs for beta havent been chosen very well  

Quote (HatedOne @ 21 March 2013 17:52) *
Woop, woop! Bring on the pain!!
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy why is there only 1 day when *non students* called grown up who work all day have only a sunday to try beta?...how about an evening session?

posté March 22, 2013, 06:01:48 | #17
Ankama wants to make an occular analysis of these new dungeons, so they need testers to be at these particular hours so that their analyst won't have to camp 24 hours to wait for testers.

Hey Ankama, how about some event rewards for beta testers?
Suggestion: A weekend of unlimited frigost 3 bunch of keys for the server with the most dungeon run in the test server (base on the server population percentage to be fair to low population servers.

Peeta (Dark Vlad)
wervelwind
Subscriber Lord Crow Flatterer
* * * * Member Since 2011-02-12
posté March 22, 2013, 07:14:58 | #18

Quote (Mishna @ 21 March 2013 22:28) *

Hah, that would be the most epic troll ever. No one would ever trust Ankama again.
prefious year the did the same, they posted some ideas to combinate classes
the year before that they made us think that we could be a special perc-looking class that has 7ap 4mp based ^^

Subscriber Quetsnakiatl Cruncher
* * Member Since 2008-07-30
posté March 22, 2013, 09:22:49 | #19
D=
But..
Thursday, March 28: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge
Friday, March 29: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Nileza's Laboratory
Saturday, March 30: from 16:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge
Sunday, March 31: from 16:00 to 17:00 - Nileza's Laboratory
Monday, April 1: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Dev's choice of dungeon, depending on earlier tests.

Dont you guys know we also have stuff that is called "work", "school" Or what ever else..
We wont be really able to participate like this.
And its a really tiny bit of time aswell
I prefer this much more in the evening then in the early afternoon ._.

Subscriber Touchparak Smasher
* * * * Member Since 2009-05-26
posté March 22, 2013, 16:12:30 | #20

Quote (Cute-Fire @ 22 March 2013 07:14) *

the year before that they made us think that we could be a special perc-looking class that has 7ap 4mp based ^^
Ummm... Those were legitimate AF jokes. They also had 0 discussion before April 1st.

Sorry but those are not the same.

posté March 22, 2013, 17:42:03 | #21

Quote (Cute-Fire @ 22 March 2013 07:14) *

Yeah I love it. Looking forward to this year's AF.  

posté March 22, 2013, 19:53:42 | #22
You realize it will be incredibly hard for them to pull it off a third time. Especially since everyone is endlessly talking about it now.  

Subscriber Moowolf Slicer
* * * * Member Since 2011-08-20
posté March 25, 2013, 08:34:41 | #23

Yeah I love it. Looking forward to this year's AF.

I doubt the will have an aprli foosl joke this year. Even if they did I can envision the community taking it poorly with the surrounding circumstances

posté March 25, 2013, 08:43:12 | #24
Ankama can no longer trick forum regulars, but it would still work on kids and non forum regulars.

I already have an idea what this years AF will be. So this year, instead of bursting the bubbles, I'll play along and trick non-forum regulars into believing that it is real.  

posté March 25, 2013, 17:07:25 | #25

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 25 March 2013 08:43) *
Ankama can no longer trick forum regulars, but it would still work on kids and non forum regulars.

I already have an idea what this years AF will be. So this year, instead of bursting the bubbles, I'll play along and trick non-forum regulars into believing that it is real.

Haha.  

Akeles (Ereziah)
Friends
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2008-08-24
posté March 26, 2013, 08:07:16 | #26
I don't know why Ankama said that Count Harebourg will be at March and then said it will be at April .. and Dofus beta still closed Why????????

this update too about the Weapons .. it need more time to test in beta ... it will Change all of Dofus game play ....

And about Ice dofus i think it will be April's fool

Subscriber Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté March 26, 2013, 13:41:44 | #27

Quote (--Hamada------------- @ 26 March 2013 08:07) *
I don't know why Ankama said that Count Harebourg will be at March and then said it will be at April .. and Dofus beta still closed Why????????

this update too about the Weapons .. it need more time to test in beta ... it will Change all of Dofus game play ....

The first post says the Beta will open on or after March 28th, 2013. Today is March 26th, 2013, which is before March 28th, 2013. Therefore, the Test Server is currently closed because "before" and "after" are not the same thing.

On a similar note, the Ice Dofus is not an AF joke, because AF jokes are done on April 1st, not announced three years in advance. We've known that the Ice Dofus will be in Frigost since early 2010. (Similarly, we've known about the weapons nerf since December 2011 - or, if you don't follow the French forums, since January 2012). None of those dates are April 1st, 2013; therefore, they are not AF jokes.

I think you need a new calendar. You apparently have one where every day for the last three or four years is labeled April 1, 2013.

Akeles (Ereziah)
Friends
Subscriber Arachnophobe
posté March 28, 2013, 08:42:27 | #28

Quote (Schmendrick @ 26 March 2013 13:41) *

Quote (--Hamada------------- @ 26 March 2013 08:07) *

The first post says the Beta will open on or after March 28th, 2013. Today is March 26th, 2013, which is before March 28th, 2013. Therefore, the Test Server is currently closed because "before" and "after" are not the same thing.

On a similar note, the Ice Dofus is not an AF joke, because AF jokes are done on April 1st, not announced three years in advance. We've known that the Ice Dofus will be in Frigost since early 2010. (Similarly, we've known about the weapons nerf since December 2011 - or, if you don't follow the French forums, since January 2012). None of those dates are April 1st, 2013; therefore, they are not AF jokes.

I think you need a new calendar. You apparently have one where every day for the last three or four years is labeled April 1, 2013.
mmmmm Firstly what i said about Ice Dofus it was a joke so i use this emotion ..... and about beta .. sure i'v read the First post,but i mean beta was must be Earlier in March not in the end of it .. that's what i mean ... cuz they said in calender that Frighost III will be on march not April .. and they back to surprise us by this Weapons Changes so we will need more time in beta .... i hope you understand  

* * Member Since 2008-07-30
posté March 28, 2013, 09:01:25 | #29
Have not seen the uplauncher update yet, when does this happen?  

posté March 28, 2013, 11:52:55 | #30
The beta patch for 2.11 is being installed on the beta server now, and it should be available for players to download in a couple of minutes.

We are also using this beta to test a new uplauncher. Those who have already installed the beta can still use the old one, but if possible, it is better to take this moment to update to the new version.

We anticipate that the server will be open to players at about noon, GMT+1.

See you there soon!

Member of the Zenith * Member Since 2005-10-30
posté March 28, 2013, 14:33:11 | #31
I've downloaded the beta client. When I try to 'play' I get the following Adobe Air message pop up: The installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance.

Using a mac running OSX 10.7.5.

*edit* Should have scrolled further down the forums... Found this handy post by Izmar that seems to fix the issue.

This post has been edited by Aldarana - March 28, 2013, 14:44:23.
posté March 29, 2013, 18:04:07 | #32
The dungeon times for Saturday have been updated, the test will start at 15:00 instead of 16:00!

Akeles (Ereziah)
Friends
Subscriber Arachnophobe
posté March 30, 2013, 11:33:41 | #33
So where the changes list Izmar ??? plz post it cuz more characters's spells have been changed
for example sacriers this following spells' damage increased ( Fury / sacrier's foot ) .... and the spell cawwot and summoning of chaferfu too , Hp decreased ... i hope you post all changes .... and if it already posted, i need the link .....

Overpower (Ereziah)
Friends
Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2008-11-21
posté April 01, 2013, 01:50:52 | #34
Mmmmm ... It's a good change for all .. it's okay !!
Then you made an update (changing in spells) ..
okay that's nice it's update weapon balance and the spell is still weak
.. i find that cra's spells has been increased .. cra was powerfull until last update
i'm an eni lvl 200 sure i wanna do a pvp or make a kolossium ..
i go to see what happen with eni's spell that i find nothing happen with spells .. why?
all the change in eni is 1 point in Revitalising word ..
change in heal with weapon balance update?
you made us as eni assist in dungeon only ..
even in kolossium they prefer osa .. it's better than eni now
So !! what can i do?

Natiry (Ereziah)
Friends
Former Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2012-07-13
posté April 01, 2013, 17:10:30 | #35
well why dofus always have wired bug in it ??
it's been 3 days we can't do alamanx quests or even play dopples
can you please fix all this bug to make the game better...
not only on beta but in original game too  

This post has been edited by Rin888 - April 01, 2013, 17:23:09.
posté April 02, 2013, 12:28:06 | #36
The testing schedule has been updated:

See you there soon!

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2011-03-17
posté April 02, 2013, 17:59:28 | #37
What are you triing to do with Dofus?
First you destroy all my Eca's good spells and I say okey I go on , I still have weapons to hit hard.
Then you change weaps so I can hit just one time with it,you really want me to quit Dofus...

Think about that Cra will be most usefull and powerfull char, it has always been but now even more powerfull, Cra has the most attacking spells, steals , buffs ,can reveal enemies, and you can't lock him easily.

* * Member Since 2005-07-15
posté April 03, 2013, 14:11:30 | #38

Quote (Izmar @ 02 April 2013 12:28) *
The testing schedule has been updated:

See you there soon!

So, looks like todays test was cancelled, moved to tomorrow...

posté April 03, 2013, 21:50:28 | #39
Sorry about that, we didn't get an email announcing the change. I'll try to find out if we're doing a test on the 4th.

posté April 04, 2013, 14:33:41 | #40
Today's dungeon will be Klime's Private Salon, the test is going on right now and ending at 17:00.

Enjoy!

posté April 05, 2013, 11:22:21 | #41
The schedule for dungeon testing on the beta server has been updated.

• Friday, April 5: from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Sylargh's Carrier (working version)
  • Saturday, April 6 from 15:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Missiz Freezz's Frostforge (rebalanced version)
  • Sunday, April 7 from 16:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Nileza's Laboratory (rebalanced version)
  • Monday, April 8 from 14:00 to 17:00 - Testing for Testing for Klime's Private Suite (rebalanced version)

See you there!

Baby-Kan (Rushu)
Pumas
Subscriber Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
* * * * Member Since 2008-01-07
posté April 05, 2013, 13:57:44 | #42
In order to beta test these dungeons must we have completed any of the prior dungs as we've had to do for frig 2? As in I thought miss freeze was the first dung followed by Nileza's lab. I am a student and work so up until now I haven't even been on beta. But this weekend on sunday I might be free to test the lab dung and was wondering if I need to do missiz freezz's first? If not you will prob see me on the beta

~KAN~

Monsieur le Traducteur * Member Since 2009-04-27
posté April 05, 2013, 14:08:16 | #43

Quote (DoonKan @ 05 April 2013 13:57) *
In order to beta test these dungeons must we have completed any of the prior dungs as we've had to do for frig 2? As in I thought miss freeze was the first dung followed by Nileza's lab. I am a student and work so up until now I haven't even been on beta. But this weekend on sunday I might be free to test the lab dung and was wondering if I need to do missiz freezz's first? If not you will prob see me on the beta

~KAN~

All F3 dungeons, except Count Harebourg, only have (on the Live Version), the prerequisite of having completed the Celestial Bearbarian (This is NOT required on the Beta server). Count Harebourg requires you to have completed the other 4 F3 dungeons to enter.

posté April 11, 2013, 12:34:09 | #44
The Beta Test Dungeon for Thursday, April 11 will be Sylargh's Carrier. Testing begins at 16:00 DOFUS time and ends at 18:00. See you then!

posté April 12, 2013, 12:30:38 | #45
The Beta Test Dungeon for Friday, April 12 will be Count Harebourg. Testing begins at 16:00 DOFUS time and ends at 18:00. See you then!

Thread closed