Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

New Trophy List

Thread closed

Subscriber Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
* * * * Member Since 2007-06-11
posté February 14, 2013, 16:46:56 | #1
New Trophy List Is there any way someone could post the list of new trophies?

Thanks,
Benjamight

Former Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2011-03-25
posté February 14, 2013, 16:55:40 | #2

Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2011-02-10
posté February 14, 2013, 17:16:01 | #3

all taken from fonissa,s post on imps

Subscriber Kaniger Hunter
* * * Member Since 2006-01-29
posté February 14, 2013, 17:43:52 | #4
Can anyone else see the crimson dofus being useless now?

Unofficial Forum Answer Bot Count Harebourg Clocker
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté February 14, 2013, 17:50:20 | #5

Quote (bananamonkey @ 14 February 2013 17:43) *
Ever since the +60 trophies came out, everything but a 45%+ Crimson was already pretty useless.

posté February 14, 2013, 18:05:28 | #6
Thanks for posting these. Wow... what a list! I thought it would be +PP or +Summon kind of things... I didn't know they were going to have +range, +MP, & +AP type trophies! I don't know how many classes really benifit from the Locking/Dodging kind of stats, but using those as negative stats to gain HUGE perks, sure seems like a pretty sweet trade off...lol.

I would definetely agree though, that Ankama has really de-valued the worth of the "Dofus's" of this game. I don't know what the 365 day Dofus quest & Ice Dofus stats are going to be, but I sure hope it's going to something very epic, or people are going to be very disappointed!

Thanks again,
Benjamight

Peeta (Dark Vlad)
wervelwind
Former Subscriber Lord Crow Flatterer
* * * * Member Since 2011-02-27
posté February 14, 2013, 18:19:22 | #7
yeh 1ap instead of 30lock/dodge, sure I gonna do that on some accounts (1ap -1mp trophy+ 1mp -30lock/dodge trophy)
does anyone knows if the trophys have requierments likes

posté February 14, 2013, 18:21:05 | #8
It is kinda of dumb really, and it is Ankama throwing away years of work for reasons that are not at all apparent. The old school players had to earn good builds by putting in work, now you can just buy ap/mp trophies and the like. Why would anyone want to farm Crocabulia now? Or do Eternal Harvest?

Whoever said that Dofus was turning into a game of chasing trophies instead of Dofuses the other day called it perfectly. Spot on observation.

Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2012-04-07
posté February 14, 2013, 20:13:31 | #9

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 14 February 2013 18:21) *
It is kinda of dumb really, and it is Ankama throwing away years of work for reasons that are not at all apparent. The old school players had to earn good builds by putting in work, now you can just buy ap/mp trophies and the like. Why would anyone want to farm Crocabulia now? Or do Eternal Harvest?

Whoever said that Dofus was turning into a game of chasing trophies instead of Dofuses the other day called it perfectly. Spot on observation.

You're so right! Why is the game even called 'Dofus' when they aren't needed anymore.. so dumb..

Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2009-02-03
posté February 14, 2013, 20:19:00 | #10
I'm interested to see how those 40+ -8% Resistance trophies and 1Ap -1Mp and 1Mp -32 Lock and 32 Critical Resistance roll out. Seem to just be pleased over them currently.
-Bagss

Subscriber Minotot Deboner
* * * * * Member Since 2011-01-15
posté February 14, 2013, 20:51:58 | #11
Interesting. I don't think I'll use any of these though. I can't stand items with negative effects, really not worth it in my opinion.

The +range trophy is useless with the maximum +range nerf.

Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2007-10-08
posté February 14, 2013, 21:21:35 | #12
This game shall be called ''Trophys'' since now on.

An update of wakfu history.

Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2011-02-10
posté February 14, 2013, 21:25:14 | #13
the +1mp trophy is totally worth it, even last week some ppl were offering 175mk for mp dofus....i think the ap/mp trophys are too strong but thats my view
no one wil want mp maged exos from now on

This post has been edited by quiteone - February 14, 2013, 21:27:07.
Subscriber Greater Bherb Pruner
* * * * Member Since 2006-02-01
posté February 14, 2013, 21:45:44 | #14
Some of these will ruin the whole point of the frigging game.

I agree, the name of the game should be changed now. apart from turq... whats the point in the real dofuses now? All become useless. crimson will be another emerald

Subscriber Quetsnakiatl Cruncher
* * Member Since 2011-02-07
posté February 14, 2013, 22:00:44 | #15
The only thing that comes to mind with trophies replacing the Dofuses is that Ankama is gearing up the revamp of the Dofuses, entirely. That seems like a rather big chore on their part. I guess they felt now was as good of a time as ever to do it, I dunno. It's peculiar. Who knows, maybe the Dofuses will become even more awesome when completely redone. We can only speculate. Just thoughts...

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2013-02-08
posté February 14, 2013, 22:01:01 | #16
Crimsons arent necessarily useless, now you can stack a crimson on top of the other, you get double the %dmg without a -benefit. I understand that wearing just one so you have other slots open for other dofuses/trohpies is more than likely going to happen, but it leaves possibilities. Not saying I like the changes and trophies overall, but you have to make due with what you get sadly.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2006-01-22
posté February 14, 2013, 22:04:43 | #17
I think people are overreacting a little bit with the ap/mp trophies. if you have ochre and vulbis and these trophies you are free to wear almost any set to get where you want. Without the dofuses you are more limited to what set you can build.
It is however very sad to make dofus such a small part of the game. Also they could spread some dofuses around on more bosses with lower drop rate on each boss so that you can farm more different bosses and still have a chance to get that *WOOOW* feeling.. currently farming all damn set items is boring.. Always always the same damn drops. Never ever ever any happy surprises which dofus dropping means.

Subscriber Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2008-03-21
posté February 15, 2013, 02:16:21 | #18
Ankama is seriously defeating the whole purpose of the game. To acquire, and collect the rare dofus'.

I've been against trophies since they were added, and with this update, I'm even more against them.

You seriously need to reevaluate what the hell this game is, because as far as I'm concerned you've turned one of the most interesting (lore wise) game, into a frivolous PvP hate-mongering game which defeats the purpose of even having the mythic dragon eggs at all.

Get your shit together.

Tamgerina (Spiritia)
-Warriors-
Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2008-05-07
posté February 15, 2013, 02:57:00 | #19

Quote (polopin @ 15 February 2013 02:16) *
Ankama is seriously defeating the whole purpose of the game. To acquire, and collect the rare dofus'.

I've been against trophies since they were added, and with this update, I'm even more against them.

You seriously need to reevaluate what the hell this game is, because as far as I'm concerned you've turned one of the most interesting (lore wise) game, into a frivolous PvP hate-mongering game which defeats the purpose of even having the mythic dragon eggs at all.

Get your shit together.

This guy speaks the truth.

posté February 15, 2013, 06:36:06 | #20
When they update the Dofuses, I expect Vulbis to give 2 mp, Ochre to give 2 ap, Crimsons to give up to 100% damage and Emerald Dofuses to give 300 Vitality.

That or they need to make the penalties on trophies FAR more severe. +1 ap - 2mp or - 1 mp and - 1 range. + 1 mp - 60 dodge and 60 lock and 60 ap/mp resistance; something along those lines.

This post has been edited by Revil-Nunor - February 15, 2013, 06:49:29.
Subscriber Greater Bherb Pruner
* * * * Member Since 2006-02-01
posté February 15, 2013, 09:17:54 | #21
I have 0 incentive to finish eternal harvest now. I ay aswell just get the trophie. With flight, i really don't need the mp. Its the same for pandas, cras, enus, srams, sadis, rogues, masqs, eni, foggers who all have the ability to gain extra mp or zap across the map using other methods. and feca,xel, iop, eca can jump to get further. sac can swap and attract to get to the opponent.

The only classes it will effect and the only class who won't use it is an osa because they cannot buff themselves for mp and cannot tele/jump etc.

ochre/crimson/vulbis is going to drop 10 fold in price, I cannot see anyone wanting these anymore. And if this new alamax dofus is indeed resist on the seasons... it also will be useless with the trophies. No one will use it. And to make things worse, this stupdi dofus is linked to the account so you cannot even sell it

ankama have not thought this through. Such idiocy here.

This post has been edited by clarkymark - February 15, 2013, 18:24:46.
Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2006-12-01
posté February 15, 2013, 10:58:11 | #22
I actually kinda like these trophies, since I never bothered to chase Crimson and Orchre.

Although, even with the new Trophies, I think my damage output won't change much, since Srams got hit hard with the nerf-stick.

posté February 15, 2013, 15:16:44 | #23
Over the last several months, I've been learning a lot about starting a business, and from a marketing stand-point, I've learned from several sources that the key is to "Know your market" and "Never forget your objective". Obviously, these things can change some over time, but for Dofus to begin to switch the direction/feel of the game from striving for "Dofus's" to "Trophies", is a pretty significant. The history, story, name, and objective of the game (at least up to this point) has been to aquire the rare (real) Dofus eggs, being the ultimate accomplishment would be to have acquired them all! Perhaps Ankama has lost sight of that a little? Perhaps they've decided that trophies (although usable in PvM), are the "Dofus's" of the PvP world? I know Ankama has been doing this a long time, and are extremly smart... and we obviously are not a part of the in-house meetings that take place to discuse the future of their games; so we have to voice our opinions and then sit back and trust Ankama still has the "markets" best interest in mind.

This is not the first big significant game changing update that has occurred, and I'm sure it will not be the last. Many of us here on the Forums have muscled through many nerfs, buffs, game modifications and figured out how to make it on the other side... I have faith that we will do it again. I do hope that Ankama has not lost touch with it's objective, because they have created an AWESOME game here! I like the game for PvM, and others like the game for PvP, I can only imagine the challenge of trying to find a balance for both using all the same spells for each class. It does feel like this game is becoming a PvP & Trophies vs. PvM & Dofus's kind of game, and hopefully Ankama is aware of that.

Here's to Another Update,
Benjamight

Subscriber Klime Scalper
* * * * * * Member Since 2005-08-20
posté February 15, 2013, 15:35:43 | #24
I think the idea here is fine, but the penalties need to be larger. I definitely think the +MP trophy, for example, should also give -1 AP, so the AP and MP trophies cancel each other out. The player will have to choose which is more important, rather than just giving up some Dodge and Lock (which can certainly be important, but are never as important as AP or MP)

Former Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2008-04-02
posté February 15, 2013, 15:40:24 | #25

Quote (bananamonkey @ 14 February 2013 17:43) *

Completely. Emerald was useless already. Of course you can use both, but really, why worry about drop this things now?

The Ankama need review the dofus. After all, this is the name of the game. Maybe if the Dofus give bonus when used together, or better damage, IDK... but it can't be easily overshadowed by a simple craft.

posté February 15, 2013, 18:04:45 | #26

Quote (Darkstorm @ 15 February 2013 15:35) *
I think the idea here is fine, but the penalties need to be larger. I definitely think the +MP trophy, for example, should also give -1 AP, so the AP and MP trophies cancel each other out. The player will have to choose which is more important, rather than just giving up some Dodge and Lock (which can certainly be important, but are never as important as AP or MP)
Or you could have the trophies have conditions like a lot of the new gear that gives ap or mp does. You can't use the +ap trophy if it will give you more than 11 ap, or the +mp trophy if it would give you more than 5 mp. I think this would be an acceptable alternative and it would probably please Ankamas desire to require sacrifices at the same time.

This post has been edited by Revil-Nunor - February 15, 2013, 18:08:44.
Azula (Rosal)
Platinum
Former Subscriber Kaniger Hunter
* * * Member Since 2009-05-30
posté February 15, 2013, 21:46:13 | #27

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 15 February 2013 18:04) *

Quote (Darkstorm @ 15 February 2013 15:35) *
Or you could have the trophies have conditions like a lot of the new gear that gives ap or mp does. You can't use the +ap trophy if it will give you more than 11 ap, or the +mp trophy if it would give you more than 5 mp. I think this would be an acceptable alternative and it would probably please Ankamas desire to require sacrifices at the same time.
Orrrr how about a condition who doesn't let you combine the +1AP and +1MP trophy? +1AP trophy? I'll just get a +1MP trophie for the lost of the MP, it shouldnt be that way and it wouldnt be fair.

-Yen.

posté February 15, 2013, 22:15:11 | #28
Ap and Mp are the most powerful stats you can acquire in the game. Getting a Vulbis Dofus, or an Ochre Dofus, is a serious undertaking which requires a lot of work and these are the most sought after items in the game.

Therefore if you want to make trophies, which are very easy to get, give these kinds of stats then there has to be MASSIVE consequences for using them. If you want those stats without paying penalties then get the Dofuses. That is the point of the game after all.

So I stand by what I said before regarding the 11 ap and 5 mp max conditions on the ap/mp trophies and more serious negative stats. These should require sacrifices on par with the stats they are giving.

This post has been edited by Revil-Nunor - February 15, 2013, 22:23:02.
Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2011-02-16
posté February 16, 2013, 00:52:23 | #29
Spoiler Alert,

Ice Dofus being released = Multiplies the effect of each dofus equiped by two (Frozen egg casting reflections of all others). And there U have it ... Incentive to wear dofuses over trophies

* Member Since 2009-12-07
posté February 16, 2013, 00:55:06 | #30
and your source is?sounds like BS no egg would double others its too strong

* Member Since 2011-02-16
posté February 16, 2013, 00:56:50 | #31
My source is my overly imaginative and ambitious mind.

Subscriber Mufafah Rider
* * Member Since 2008-06-24
posté February 16, 2013, 01:07:50 | #32

Quote (DarkSchnieder @ 16 February 2013 00:52) *
Spoiler Alert,

Ice Dofus being released = Multiplies the effect of each dofus equiped by two (Frozen egg casting reflections of all others). And there U have it ... Incentive to wear dofuses over trophies
That's a fairy tale right there. Ankama would probably then change the vulbis and ochre dofus to an effect of + 1/2 mp and +1/2 AP if that is even possible. If not, then that would be a huge kick in the bum for the really rich players that ended up exomaging some stuff.

This post has been edited by demonfoxassassin - February 16, 2013, 01:08:42.
Member of the Zenith * Member Since 2006-09-30
posté February 16, 2013, 01:38:30 | #33
The current trend in design is already one of more AP=little.

The cast/target and turn limits make the AP required for many classes reduced across the board.

Having the overall power and ease of use for most AP spells changed coupled with the limits of casts has made an abundance of AP less favorable overall.

posté February 16, 2013, 03:02:45 | #34

Quote (Electricotter @ 16 February 2013 01:38) *

The cast/target and turn limits make the AP required for many classes reduced across the board.

Having the overall power and ease of use for most AP spells changed coupled with the limits of casts has made an abundance of AP less favorable overall.
This isn't true. It just means I get more cc spam, or if I have a challenge like spells only I will just have to use more different kinds of damage spells and be a bit more creative, but it will mean faster fights and more damage with more ap. Even without smell I can still put most of the people on my team to 18 ap after a round of buffs, and that will give me a huge advantage over someone with 10 or 12 ap.

This post has been edited by Revil-Nunor - February 16, 2013, 03:04:53.
Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2008-02-26
posté February 16, 2013, 04:38:12 | #35
I'm with everyone who is against the whole trophy craze. This game is called dofus not trophies no trophy should ever out shine not just a legendary item but one the entire freaking game was built upon finding! Ankama seriously got things backwards when they started with trophies and are just making it worse by introducing more!

It might be an attempt to make those bonuses more accessible to every player. But it's also contradictory to the everything involved in getting a dofus in the first place! I mean why would anyone spend the time doing the eh quest when they could get the same thing from a trophy?

I say screw trophies already they are just dividing the community more by giving people yet another reason to not work together for the chance at possibly dropping a game changing item! And one the whole premise of the game is to find!

posté February 16, 2013, 21:58:20 | #36

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 16 February 2013 03:02) *

Quote (Electricotter @ 16 February 2013 01:38) *

This isn't true. It just means I get more cc spam, or if I have a challenge like spells only I will just have to use more different kinds of damage spells and be a bit more creative, but it will mean faster fights and more damage with more ap. Even without smell I can still put most of the people on my team to 18 ap after a round of buffs, and that will give me a huge advantage over someone with 10 or 12 ap.
Which the new methods of obtaining spellpoint scrolls make rather difficult for many players.
To a degree even entire servers.

This is even more the case for lower level players.

By making spell points harder to obtain and restricting the casts of spells you ARE able to level a surplus of AP is actually common.

You are not a player to base things around as you do not represent a significant portion of the player base.
This isn't to imply your opinions are ignored or moot.
But it is easy to say you are out of touch with the struggles of a large portion of the player base.
(I have no intention of this being offensive or insulting and I apologize with the utmost sincerity if it was so taken.)

This is, in part, the drive for making levels 1-4 of spells more desirable

You have reached your cast limits for leveled spells...at least now you can afford to cast a slightly better level 1-4 version of a spell.

The majority of classes can function just fine with only 8-10 AP.

There was a time however, when this just wasn't the case.

Jim (Zatoishwan)
Wicked
Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2011-09-27
posté February 16, 2013, 23:31:49 | #37
It seems to me, judging by all the nerfs and buffs and all the like. Each update seems to be progressing towards making a more level plane for everyone.
The thing i enjoy most about Dofus is that compared to other MMORPG's it has a very strategic and compedative fighting game, as well as the hard and valuable miles that need to be won in order to be a high level. But now it seems that the value of being a high level has decreased and the reasons for high level players are decreasing and the 'short term' reasons for low level players is increasing.

Just because a lot of unexperienced players struggle and complain about the hard work of leveling and obtaining equipment, does not mean it will make them play longer when they get it their way.

has anyone ever been more intrigued by a game and played it for longer simply because it was too easy ?
there is no sense in that, there is no value in achievements.

Even due to achievements, i was able to level a character from level 1 - 60 in less than an hour. I for one say that is far too easy.

Bring on the hard whopping miles i say.

Stop softening the game up and over buffing stupid things

Former Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2006-09-08
posté February 17, 2013, 00:48:32 | #38
This is so insane that its actually funny

(1AP , -1MP)
1AP can in no way equal 1MP. This is shown by the fact that AP is limited to 12 and MP is limited to 6 and also the fact that all exo maged AP items are more expensive than MP maged ones (as far as i have seen). BTW this trophy effectively means that MP exo gelanos now give 2 AP
Suggestion: increase the penalty to -2MP

(1MP, -30 dodge/lock)
Non agility characters already have 0 dodge/lock so this 1MP is for free (other than the price of the trophy)
Suggestion: change the penalty to -5% damage

(100intel/str/agi/cha, -200vit)
Anyone who has ever maged an item knows that 1intel/str/agi/cha is worth 3vit
Suggestion: increase the penalty to -300vitality

I too agree that this trophy system is hurting the prestige and purpose of actual Dofus (plural).
Suggestion: Add one 'trophy' slot to the inventory so that only one trophy may be equipped at a time and the six dofus slots remain exclusive to the dofus (actually id love it if the whole trophy system was abolished, but thats not going to happen)

I really really want to know how they come up with the ideas for new updates because honestly speaking most (if not all) of them make no sense at all

Premier Puzzler Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2008-04-13
posté February 17, 2013, 01:32:21 | #39
I don't think the new trophies are a bad thing. I think it opens up a lot more options for people and I don't think making ap and mp trophies viable to more casual players who perhaps cant invest the time required to get an ochre or vulbis is a bad thing. I think the maluses are fine the way they are, especially since the trend seems to be to make map manipulation/ mobility more difficult. To be perfectly honest, just seeing the negative stats makes things a turn off for me. And as for comparing trophies to dofus(es?) ochre is still better than the ap trophy and a vulbis is still better than the mp one.

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2006-07-08
posté February 17, 2013, 01:42:00 | #40

Quote (BluSkies @ 17 February 2013 01:32) *
I don't think the new trophies are a bad thing. I think it opens up a lot more options for people and I don't think making ap and mp trophies viable to more casual players who perhaps cant invest the time required to get an ochre or vulbis is a bad thing. I think the maluses are fine the way they are, especially since the trend seems to be to make map manipulation/ mobility more difficult. To be perfectly honest, just seeing the negative stats makes things a turn off for me. And as for comparing trophies to dofus(es?) ochre is still better than the ap trophy and a vulbis is still better than the mp one.
i would have no problem with ap/mp trophys if i could buy a vulbis or orchre for 2mk then we are on a level playing field, but the fact many ppl spent 70mk on a orchre and 200mk on a vulbis is the main problem, of course if you can,t afford to buy a orchre or vulbis then you will have no problem with these thropys

posté February 17, 2013, 02:09:17 | #41

This makes it too easy for 12 ap or 6 mp now, and if you make it this easy to get the extra ap or mp then people won't even bother trying for an Ochre or a Vulbis and this takes away from the game in the long run. When you make it easy for people to achieve instant gratification then they get bored and move on, and it basically shows the serious players who put in the time to get dofuses like those that Ankama no longer values people who make a serious commitment to the game.

posté February 17, 2013, 02:18:57 | #42
The main thing is though, the Dofus don't have any drawbacks.

So if you get a taste of that extra AP or MP, you can use the 'flawed' version until you can get the Dofus.

For some people, having a negative is enough of a reason not to use it.

Former Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2011-12-06
posté February 17, 2013, 02:31:58 | #43

Quote (Electricotter @ 17 February 2013 02:18) *

So if you get a taste of that extra AP or MP, you can use the 'flawed' version until you can get the Dofus.

But the %damage trophy doesn't have any drawback. It is just a 40% free damage (and the crimson dofus has 26~50%...why would anyone hunt the crimson dofus, that has a chance of giving 26% damage, if they can easily make a 40% trophy?).

Also, the vitality trophy gives 80, while emerald dofus gives 51~100 vitality...again, why would anyone go through the trouble of getting a emerald dofus that could give you 51 vitality, if they can easily get +80 vitality?

I'm not even going to talk about the +range trophy...specially because I want it =p (thought I would like it more if it was a dofus).

posté February 17, 2013, 03:44:16 | #44
I think it would be interesting if having real dofuses equipped gave you some sort of a bonus and if you have two or more trohpies you would start to get a stacking debuff.

For example: 2 dofuses could give +25 to every stat and it could gradually scale from there. It wouldn't have to be anything major, just a little something for putting in the work and getting the actual dofuses.

2 trophies could give -15 to every stat and it could scale from there. This wouldn't be a huge loss, unless you were using 5 or 6 trophies, and it would encourage people to only use trophies as a temporary measure while working towards dofuses. This would also be another way to requiring sacrifices if you want to load up on %power trophies, or ap/mp/range trophies that should appeal to the developers.

This post has been edited by Revil-Nunor - February 17, 2013, 03:45:44.
Member of the Zenith * Member Since 2007-12-08
posté February 17, 2013, 04:05:18 | #45

Quote (Lynn-Reiginleif @ 17 February 2013 02:31) *

Quote (Electricotter @ 17 February 2013 02:18) *

But the %damage trophy doesn't have any drawback. It is just a 40% free damage (and the crimson dofus has 26~50%...why would anyone hunt the crimson dofus, that has a chance of giving 26% damage, if they can easily make a 40% trophy?).

Also, the vitality trophy gives 80, while emerald dofus gives 51~100 vitality...again, why would anyone go through the trouble of getting a emerald dofus that could give you 51 vitality, if they can easily get +80 vitality?

I'm not even going to talk about the +range trophy...specially because I want it =p (thought I would like it more if it was a dofus).
I think crimson's current bonus is just too irrelevant compared to other equipment available, and it's been the case even before +60 stat trophies were available. The trophies are designed based on stats of other current equipment, not dofuses. In other words, crimson and emerald are sadly outdated content, though they could be improved in the future (no, I haven't heard any information on this).

Also I don't think the "name of the game" thing is that important. Who else have been playing the games for years even though they haven't had any actual hope of dropping a "real" Dofus, like me?

Former Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2011-12-06
posté February 17, 2013, 04:14:44 | #46

Quote (vagabaka @ 17 February 2013 04:05) *

Quote (Lynn-Reiginleif @ 17 February 2013 02:31) *
I think crimson's current bonus is just too irrelevant compared to other equipment available, and it's been the case even before +60 stat trophies were available. The trophies are designed based on stats of other current equipment, not dofuses. In other words, crimson and emerald are sadly outdated content, though they could be improved in the future (no, I haven't heard any information on this).

Also I don't think the "name of the game" thing is that important. Who else have been playing the games for years even though they haven't had any actual hope of dropping a "real" Dofus, like me?
I don't really care about the name of the game, but...it WAS written in the history of the game that the 6 dofus's are incredibly powerful, and can make it's holders powerful like gods. And it was kinda the main quest, to get the dofus's. Even if you disregard the storyline (which is dumb, by the way...if you don't care about the history of the world, why you would make it SO complex?), dofus are still very hard to get, and most times they don't pay off the trouble. Either make them stronger or easier to get (except ochre, vulbis and turquoise).

And I really hope that, when they make all the dofus avaiable by quests, they make the quests hard, but make the dofus better (again, except ochre, vulbis and turquoise).

Subscriber Kaniger Hunter
* * * Member Since 2006-01-29
posté February 17, 2013, 04:23:37 | #47

Quote (vagabaka @ 17 February 2013 04:05) *

I have been playing dofus on and off since the old days and can honestly say if someone has gotten them THEY deserve the rewards and for trophys to be made that are actually par with the dofus which the game uses to draw people in I think it is silly and that dofus is going down the path to ruin~
My honest opinion Throw the trophys in the trash developers.
Would also like to say I have never dropped a dofus in my playtime but I still think the ones who did put alot of work into it.

Former Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2006-09-08
posté February 17, 2013, 04:37:42 | #48

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 17 February 2013 03:44) *
I think it would be interesting if having real dofuses equipped gave you some sort of a bonus and if you have two or more trohpies you would start to get a stacking debuff.

For example: 2 dofuses could give +25 to every stat and it could gradually scale from there. It wouldn't have to be anything major, just a little something for putting in the work and getting the actual dofuses.

2 trophies could give -15 to every stat and it could scale from there. This wouldn't be a huge loss, unless you were using 5 or 6 trophies, and it would encourage people to only use trophies as a temporary measure while working towards dofuses. This would also be another way to requiring sacrifices if you want to load up on %power trophies, or ap/mp/range trophies that should appeal to the developers.
Wooow!!! This is a GREAT idea ! and for this reason alone it would never be implemented  

Premier Puzzler Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2008-04-13
posté February 17, 2013, 05:06:03 | #49

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 17 February 2013 02:09) *

This makes it too easy for 12 ap or 6 mp now, and if you make it this easy to get the extra ap or mp then people won't even bother trying for an Ochre or a Vulbis and this takes away from the game in the long run. When you make it easy for people to achieve instant gratification then they get bored and move on, and it basically shows the serious players who put in the time to get dofuses like those that Ankama no longer values people who make a serious commitment to the game.

I think the making some things easier isn't a bad thing. I don't think I've ever met anyone that stopped playing dofus because it was "too easy," granted I do not know a lot of top tier players and nor have I ever personally known any of the people I consider "pro." But out of the people I do know, the main reason people quit was that the game's difficulty became too frustrating for them so they just gave up. Giving people goals they can work towards and accomplish in a timely manner is a very important factor in keeping them playing.

As for saying people won't bother trying to get an ochre or a vulbis now... all I have to say the people that give upon those now are the ones that would've (most likely given upon them before. The ones that went after the dofuses were all after being top tier and I doubt people with that mindset would settle for mediocrity. If anything, I would think it would be as electricotter stated before, the trophies can act as stepping stones for the dofus eggs and perhaps act sort of like a little bit of encouragement. I do agree however that crimson and emerald have taken a big hit due to the trophies tho. I guess we just have to wait for them to actually revamp them :/

I really wanted to respond to the line about it being a slap in the face of serious players who have invested a lot of time and effort into the game but I can't seem to express my thoughts clearly on the matter. I guess in lamest terms all I wanted to say is that those players are still better, still pro-er, and their achievements are still super impressive, regardless of Ankama's actions. It does feel like Ankama is disregarding top tier players but I think the way to fix it would be as revil suggested through implementing a bonus for having multiple dofuses equipped. I think that is a wonderful idea and would really work as a reward for accomplishing such a feat. I don't believe the maluses to equipping multiple trophies are necessary and would actually be harmful to keeping things varied since everyone would want the dofuses.

Subscriber Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté February 17, 2013, 06:07:12 | #50
I was going to say something here about cross-polination with the Recipe Update thread, since these trophies use the same pebbles (and will therefore be difficult and time-consuming to acquire, especially on smaller servers), but the I noticed the two that people are most concerned about - the +1 AP and +1 MP trophies - only require middle-tier Pebbles (though they do require all three middle-tier pebbles - some from PvP, some from Dopples, some from the Almanax). The new "Majeur" trophies do require high-tier PvP and Almanax pebbles, though. (I think the old ones do, too, though)

So I offer no overall opinion, just that comment.

Thread closed