Back to forum.dofus.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

Character Personalization Issues

Thread closed

Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2008-04-29
posté November 28, 2012, 23:42:22 | #1
Character Personalization Issues I feel like a lot of the new faces/hairstyles aren't scaled enough to fit the current class bodies. Most of the front views are great-looking, but a lot of the...diagonal (?) views are kind of weird (i.e. Female Eniripsa). If you shuffle between the original faces and some of the new ones, the head size actually changes as well. I'm not sure if it's intended to do that, but it's just very odd to me.

Here's some of the problems I had noticed in character creation organized specifically by class:

No problems with Male Feca.
All the new Female Feca faces have noticeably larger head size compared to the original (or the head position might be slightly more forward than the original). The problem bothers me on the faces 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 because it makes them look like little kids.

No probelms with Male Osamodas other than the horns on face 5 are missing.
No problems with Female Osamodas.

No problems with Male Enutrof.
No problems with Female Enutrof.

The new Male heads seem too small.
The new Female Sram heads are definitely smaller than the original, but I think the new ones are actually more normal than the original. It might just be me, but do faces 2 and 4 on the Female Sram look funny?

Male Xelor's faces 5 and 6 seem a bit too low to me. Face 2 and 5 altogether probably should be improved; they don't look as good as the other choices.
No problems with Female Xelor.

There is absolutely no big difference between faces 1 and 2 and between faces 5 and 6. Thank you for correcting the sizes of faces 2 and 6 though. All the head sizes look like they fit the body now with the exception of faces 3 and 7; I still think they are too small for the body (especially when viewed from the direct front view).
No problems with Female Ecaflip.

No problems with Male Eniripsa.
I think the Female Eniripsa's cheeks and/or mouth position on the new faces makes them look awkward (in the front diagonal angle).

The hair on the Male Iop's 2nd hairstyle (the Goultard-looking one) might be positioned a bit too low; it's not a big bother though.
No problems with Female Iop.

Faces 3 and 7 seem to have too small head sizes.
Problem with face 6 on Female Cra from the direct front view; looks too long.

I only have a problem with the head position on face 4 on the Male Sadida; it looks a little too far back in the diagonal front views and it looks too low on the direct front view.
No problems with Female Sadida.

Faces 4 and 8's hair...I'm not sure it fits the head size properly. (Why do Male Sacriers need a kind face? I'd prefer them to have a more angrier face like with the Iop ones. Just saying...)
Head size and position on the Female Sacriers differs between all of the choices. I personally think faces 2 and 6 fit the body the best.

Male Pandawa head sizes and positions differ noticeably. The new ones are smaller. I only have a problem with faces 4 and 8; the head looks too high/back.
The head shapes on faces 2, 3, 6, and 7 on the Female Pandawa bother me a little in comparison to the others. Faces 2, 3, 6, and 7 look like their jaws are too inward. I'd like to see them change to the shape of faces 1, 4, 5, and 8.

No problems with Male Rogue.
No problems with Female Rogue.

No problems with Male Masqueraider.
No problems with Female Masqueraider.

No problems with Male Foggernaut.
Noticeable changes between the Female Foggernaut faces (especially the direct front view comparison). I think faces 1 and 5 are the ones that look the weirdest.

These are the issues I found in-game with the feature organized by class as I find, see, or hear problems of them with my friends:

Livitinem hats that wrap around the back of the head (i.e. the bandannas) look weird on the 4th Male Sacrier head.
The bandanna goes around the end of the hair, not where the back of the Sacrier's head really is. It just bothers me personally.

Hair sticks out of the top of the Borealis Hat with the 2nd hairstyle of Male Masqueraider. Not sure if that's the case with other hats quite yet.

Leave a reply with your own opinions and let's get this awesome idea right the first time! :3

This post has been edited by xJzZoshx - December 06, 2012, 01:02:23.
Reason for edit : Updated Issues. Less Issues.
Sinbad (Rushu)
Fedaykin
Subscriber Wa Wabbit Carrotator
* * * * Member Since 2011-08-20
posté November 29, 2012, 01:53:15 | #2
All foggernauts new female faces have hair showing through all the hats i had on me (Soft oak, tengu, gobball, royal gobball, jellaheadgear solomonk, krutch and livitnem)

Orchid (Rosal)
Sanctuary
Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2006-09-21
posté November 29, 2012, 01:54:57 | #3
I've also posted about female sadida here:

Click here

PS: There is also a pretty large thread on the french forums about this, so hopefully it won't go unnoticed.

This post has been edited by sushilovesyou - November 29, 2012, 01:56:34.
Kickback (Zatoishwan)
Essence
Forum Monster Klime Scalper
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-05-19
posté November 29, 2012, 03:21:05 | #4
Pandawas have the same problem.

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2010-02-03
posté November 29, 2012, 07:59:29 | #5
Ive noticed on several characters that the new heads dont work correctly. The first 3 choices for the pandawas new heads have problems where the hair disappears when wearing a livitnem aswell the hats not sitting correctly on sacriers, cras and masqueraiders.

Former Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2010-12-05
posté November 29, 2012, 18:25:34 | #6
Female Xelor
I myself have found an issue with Female Xelors. The face of all styles besides the first (regular and angry) have some sort of strange shadowy tinge that makes the face about 4 shades darker then the rest of the body. You can't notice this very much on very light skin tones but I have a charcoal gray tone on my Xelor and her face looks black when used with one of the new styles. Would love to use one of the new styles but I don't want to have to tweak my colors first.

Female Iop
While the design for female Iop's hair is not my favorite, it isn't bad. However, a complaint that I do have is that you cannot differentiate any of the styles (besides the original long haired style), when your character is wearing a hat. All the new styles end up looking exactly the same because the hair is always hidden under it.

This particular style was Style #4 (with the large pony tail). It would have looked totally awesome, if the hair actually sticks out from the back.
So yeah, we get some new styles, but you will never really able to see them. >.<

This post has been edited by TrinityThief - November 29, 2012, 18:41:51.
Reason for edit : Examples Added
Kickback (Zatoishwan)
Essence
posté November 29, 2012, 19:40:37 | #7
In reference to the Iop hair styles and hats. Ankama needs to get around to adding the ability to hide hats/capes, I've suggested it numerous times and there is no reason outside PvP for it to not be in the game. Nearly every other MMO out now has the ability to hide hats and capes. Most have the ability to wear whatever you want as a cosmetic outfit now.

posté November 29, 2012, 20:30:39 | #8

Quote (Alyss-Sin @ 29 November 2012 19:40) *
In reference to the Iop hair styles and hats. Ankama needs to get around to adding the ability to hide hats/capes, I've suggested it numerous times and there is no reason outside PvP for it to not be in the game. Nearly every other MMO out now has the ability to hide hats and capes. Most have the ability to wear whatever you want as a cosmetic outfit now.

I support this option since I really do like just how the different classes look in general. For those who do PVP, perhaps have the feature automatically disabled for PvP combat. That would fix a lot of problem with up do hairs such as the Lady Iop's.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté November 29, 2012, 23:46:26 | #9

The option to hide hats would be nice for this particular update. Not so much reason to hide capes since they don't really affect anything. :3

Perhaps if enough people convince Ankama, they can make it as a small update in a patch or something later on after the update at best.

By the way, I wish they would allow for unlimited face changes for the beta so I could do more extensive testing. ^^

posté November 30, 2012, 00:07:50 | #10

Quote (xJzZoshx @ 29 November 2012 23:46) *

The option to hide hats would be nice for this particular update. Not so much reason to hide capes since they don't really affect anything. :3

Perhaps if enough people convince Ankama, they can make it as a small update in a patch or something later on after the update at best.

By the way, I wish they would allow for unlimited face changes for the beta so I could do more extensive testing. ^^
Ah, same here. I have been needing to make extra characters to try out the different styles and sadly, I cannot see them with my own hat on. >.<

A minor patch would be nice even if in the future.  

Moike (Solar)
Compassion
Subscriber Pandulum Time-outer
* * * Member Since 2011-06-05
posté November 30, 2012, 01:12:32 | #11

Left side is 2.8, right is 2.9 Seems like the hat gets moved back a bit. Really glad I tested that face on the beta, because it looks awful. I wish I could test my current face and see how much my hats moved.

Orchid (Rosal)
Sanctuary
posté November 30, 2012, 01:18:23 | #12

Umm. I'm not 100% sure as I am not able to get on beta, because there is a mac bug, but I believe I read somewhere there is a potion to change your faces unlimited. Did you check the snowfox at the frigost zaap?

Moike (Solar)
Compassion
posté November 30, 2012, 01:22:35 | #13

Quote (sushilovesyou @ 30 November 2012 01:18) *

Umm. I'm not 100% sure as I am not able to get on beta, because there is a mac bug, but I believe I read somewhere there is a potion to change your faces unlimited. Did you check the snowfox at the frigost zaap?
Just checked, the snowfoux doesn't sell them.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté November 30, 2012, 01:36:10 | #14

Quote (SiberianCreeper @ 30 November 2012 01:22) *

Sounds interesting though. If anyone has any confirmation on that, let us know.  

Orchid (Rosal)
Sanctuary
posté November 30, 2012, 01:40:00 | #15

Quote (xJzZoshx @ 30 November 2012 01:36) *
Sounds interesting though. If anyone has any confirmation on that, let us know.

Grr, I can't remember where I read, I'll try and find it. OR maybe I am wrong. I'll search a bit.

Kickback (Zatoishwan)
Essence
posté November 30, 2012, 01:46:08 | #16

This is a purely aesthetical update with the intention of making our characters more varied and pleasing. Aesthetically pleasing to me is the ability to not have to see my hat or cape. I know that I'm not alone in this thought. Might as well throw the option to hide capes in as well as hats. All it would take interface wise is a little X box right next to the hat and cape pictures in your character inventory.

Former Subscriber Pandora Opener
* * * * Member Since 2009-04-12
posté November 30, 2012, 02:16:36 | #17

[-1,0] or simply the map right of the Village Zaap.

It's in a merch named Changement-Visage or something like that.
--
I'm 100% against the option to remove hats/capes; characters just don't look right when they don't have equips on.

This post has been edited by Giga-Biga-Bowser - November 30, 2012, 02:21:10.
Kickback (Zatoishwan)
Essence
posté November 30, 2012, 02:29:08 | #18
The good thing about options is that they're optional.

Unofficial Forum Answer Bot Count Harebourg Clocker
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté November 30, 2012, 02:40:26 | #19
I do rather fancy the idea of running around appearing naked. Nothing like streaking.  

posté November 30, 2012, 02:41:20 | #20
Exactly! I actually like some of my characters better with out any equipment on. >w

Moike (Solar)
Compassion
posté November 30, 2012, 02:45:52 | #21
As long as it was a client side option, sure.

Thanks Giga for the info, tried it and the original sram head looks a little better. Hat is still lower though.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté November 30, 2012, 02:48:29 | #22

Quote (Giga-Biga-Bowser @ 30 November 2012 02:16) *

[-1,0] or simply the map right of the Village Zaap.

It's in a merch named Changement-Visage or something like that.
--
I'm 100% against the option to remove hats/capes; characters just don't look right when they don't have equips on.
Woo! Thanks for that, Giga! Can get some more testing done now.

posté November 30, 2012, 03:09:52 | #23
Changement-Visage is right next to the well and it is 10k per potion so bring some Kamas with you.

Orchid (Rosal)
Sanctuary
posté November 30, 2012, 06:36:55 | #24

Quote (TrinityThief @ 30 November 2012 03:09) *
Changement-Visage is right next to the well and it is 10k per potion so bring some Kamas with you.

Aww thanks! I wish I could actually get on and TEST. So you guys better be happy you can test at all

This post has been edited by sushilovesyou - November 30, 2012, 06:37:27.
Former Subscriber Pandora Opener
* * * * Member Since 2009-04-12
posté November 30, 2012, 09:52:04 | #25
I'll just add one thing about the Personalization:

Livi Headbands are fine... (I like 'em better anyways)

...but not the big hats...

Volunteer Moderator Kitsou Beater
* * Member Since 2011-02-04
posté November 30, 2012, 17:10:51 | #26
I have set a few posts invisible due to aggressiveness and others because they included quotes relating to it. Once again, I would like to remind people that while everybody is entitled to their individual opinions, disagreeing with somebody else does not imply the right to be aggressive and/or disrespectful.

Please continue.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté November 30, 2012, 18:27:39 | #27

Quote (Giga-Biga-Bowser @ 30 November 2012 09:52) *
I'll just add one thing about the Personalization:

Livi Headbands are fine... (I like 'em better anyways)

...but not the big hats...

Oh, I see. The bigger hats are kind of raised a little too high, it seems.

posté November 30, 2012, 18:30:48 | #28

Quote (xJzZoshx @ 30 November 2012 18:27) *

Ah! I though something looked off on my Iop with Solomonk hat. I just thought it was the lack of long hair but the hat itself does look awkwardly high.

Also, is it just me or has anyone else been noticing the new styles sometimes tweak your colors just a bit. With all of the new female Iop styles, they make my hair look like a magenta color instead of deep berry. It's really not cool to be changing your face and then have to pay to get your colors changed to look proper again. That could be just me but thought I should bring it up.

This post has been edited by TrinityThief - November 30, 2012, 18:36:43.
Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté November 30, 2012, 18:58:21 | #29
Going to expand on my original post soon and add pictures if I can. I went through all the faces again yesterday and I almost felt like some of the ones I initially criticized on look alright.

Quote (TrinityThief @ 30 November 2012 18:30) *

Quote (xJzZoshx @ 30 November 2012 18:27) *

Ah! I though something looked off on my Iop with Solomonk hat. I just thought it was the lack of long hair but the hat itself does look awkwardly high.

Also, is it just me or has anyone else been noticing the new styles sometimes tweak your colors just a bit. With all of the new female Iop styles, they make my hair look like a magenta color instead of deep berry. It's really not cool to be changing your face and then have to pay to get your colors changed to look proper again. That could be just me but thought I should bring it up.
It might be just because of how they are shaded or something. Like I think there are some highlights in the new hairstyles that slightly change. I noticed the highlights on my female Sram when I changed her hair from the original to the 4th hairstyle.

If it's too much of a hassle to change and it becomes a commonly addressed problem, I think the least Ankama is going to do is include a free color change in addition to the free face change upon update.  

Boomba (Rushu)
Teamo Emo
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2009-08-06
posté November 30, 2012, 23:58:23 | #30
I notice they they are still working on improving the sprites and they will no doubt have some plans but is it possible to suggest that maybe the Bad Osamodas' could have larger pointy horns.

Side Note: Face 5 Osamodas' Male when facing forwards has no horns at all.
Faces 3 and 7 Foggernaut Female has weird hair difference but only changes when facing forwards.

Wonder if anyone thinks this might be a good idea? Larger horns = Bad. Works IMO.

This post has been edited by -AgiMate- - December 01, 2012, 00:00:17.
Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté December 01, 2012, 00:25:51 | #31

Quote (-AgiMate- @ 30 November 2012 23:58) *
I notice they they are still working on improving the sprites and they will no doubt have some plans but is it possible to suggest that maybe the Bad Osamodas' could have larger pointy horns.

Faces 3 and 7 Foggernaut Female has weird hair difference but only changes when facing forwards.

Wonder if anyone thinks this might be a good idea? Larger horns = Bad. Works IMO.
The idea would definitely make them look more evil.

Out of curiosity, is there already some changes in how the sprites look since the day they released the feature in the beta?

Subscriber Mopy King Cleaner
* * * * Member Since 2008-05-24
posté December 01, 2012, 03:59:42 | #32
all male cras have problems Most female cras do to, enus + bworker helms, enis + bworker helms, and enis + livis.

This post has been edited by greekg - December 01, 2012, 03:59:59.
Boomba (Rushu)
Teamo Emo
Subscriber Arachnophobe
posté December 01, 2012, 15:12:26 | #33

Quote (xJzZoshx @ 01 December 2012 00:25) *

Out of curiosity, is there already some changes in how the sprites look since the day they released the feature in the beta?
Yeah there has been some changes I actually didn't notice them until I read about them on the French Changlog, Lichen actually posts about what changes during the minor BETA updates. Its in French but Google chrome does a OK job at translating
at least well enough to understand that changes were made.

Just a few I can think off the top of my head - Male Feca Face 5 now different, Female Eni Faces 5-8 have face tatoos, One that was very subtle was Rogue Male Face 7 he now has mask covering his eye.
There was some more but can't think of them off the top of my head.

I might have been on this bandwagon for a while but if they manage to make it so no hair is adjusted when wearing livingitem 1 (bandanna) I will be happy.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté December 01, 2012, 20:12:44 | #34

Quote (-AgiMate- @ 01 December 2012 15:12) *

Quote (xJzZoshx @ 01 December 2012 00:25) *

Yeah there has been some changes I actually didn't notice them until I read about them on the French Changlog, Lichen actually posts about what changes during the minor BETA updates. Its in French but Google chrome does a OK job at translating
at least well enough to understand that changes were made.

Just a few I can think off the top of my head - Male Feca Face 5 now different, Female Eni Faces 5-8 have face tatoos, One that was very subtle was Rogue Male Face 7 he now has mask covering his eye.
There was some more but can't think of them off the top of my head.

I might have been on this bandwagon for a while but if they manage to make it so no hair is adjusted when wearing livingitem 1 (bandanna) I will be happy.
Oh wow, you're right! I'm curious now... Do you happen to know the link to the French Changelog or know how to get to it?  

Boomba (Rushu)
Teamo Emo
Subscriber Arachnophobe
posté December 02, 2012, 00:27:43 | #35
The easiest way is to click the little flag in the top right corner when on the forums page and change it to french and then its at the top of the test server section first link.
Someone was upset that the minor updates weren't translated but if you know how to use Browser Plugins for Translations its actually kind of easy to read French stuff.
Also it gives the translation team less they have to translate they are already having to translate all the content let alone trying to tell us about some minor change.

Hope this was helpful if you have problems with the translations try Chrome its built in.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté December 02, 2012, 22:36:37 | #36

Quote (-AgiMate- @ 02 December 2012 00:27) *
The easiest way is to click the little flag in the top right corner when on the forums page and change it to french and then its at the top of the test server section first link.
Someone was upset that the minor updates weren't translated but if you know how to use Browser Plugins for Translations its actually kind of easy to read French stuff.
Also it gives the translation team less they have to translate they are already having to translate all the content let alone trying to tell us about some minor change.

Hope this was helpful if you have problems with the translations try Chrome its built in.
Worked out nicely! Thanks for that. I'll keep my eye on Lichen's change news.

If you guys find more issues with the new face features, address them for Ankama to see! It would be really cool to see this feature be as good as it can be before the official release so that we have the best of what Ankama has to offer when we get our free face change! We only get one, so let's make our options worthwhile!

posté December 03, 2012, 00:09:40 | #37
*cough* Still would like Xelor's to be shaded properly *cough*

But as far as the hair shading, that is what I thought too. But even when the way it is shaded, if I did go for a new hair style (which I probably won't) I would still need to end up changing my colors sadly.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
posté December 05, 2012, 02:13:23 | #38
After another runthrough of the new faces, I've seemed to have gotten alright with most of them.

I'll make another runthrough before maintenance next week and keep the big issues I have listed. I hope this feature is still received well after the update.  

I suggest taking another look at the new face options now. Lichen posted in the French forums that some of them have been updated and changed.

Also, he mentioned that positioning of hats and headbands has improved. I'm going to take a look and see if there are any good differences since I last checked!

Thread closed