Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Jobs at Ankama
Community Manager Celestial Bearbarian Basher
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-10-19
posté September 29, 2010, 15:33:14 | #1
Jobs at Ankama Ankama is recruiting for several English-speaking positions at the moment. If you have ever wanted to work with Ankama, you can visit the recruitment portal here:

http://jobs.ankama.com/en

Milano (Rushu)
Critical Failure
Subscriber Crocabulia Extinguisher
* * * * * Member Since 2010-07-19
posté September 30, 2010, 04:06:55 | #2
*sigh*

I wouldn't mind working with Ankama. I've always wanted to work for a game company

But it probably won't happen since I'm only 17 years of age... but I could work for free! :3

That's always a good thing I suppose.

posté September 30, 2010, 10:08:02 | #3

Quote (iHarakirii @ 30 September 2010 04:06) *
*sigh*

I wouldn't mind working with Ankama. I've always wanted to work for a game company

But it probably won't happen since I'm only 17 years of age... but I could work for free! :3

That's always a good thing I suppose.

Yes, you might have a little trouble since all of these jobs require that you move to Lille, France. Maybe after you're done with school, you can apply!

Feathers (Solar)
Lust
Former Subscriber Sphincter Cell Uncorker
* * * * * Member Since 2009-09-30
posté September 30, 2010, 11:15:23 | #4
Once I've finished academically, I'm seriously considering this. The artwork that's been produced by Ankama is amazing to say the least, and I would be overjoyed to contribute. If there are any spots open by that time, of course.

I've always wanted to go to France, anyway :3

Milano (Rushu)
Critical Failure
Subscriber Crocabulia Extinguisher
* * * * * Member Since 2010-07-19
posté September 30, 2010, 13:00:51 | #5

Quote (Izmar @ 30 September 2010 09:08) *
Yes, you might have a little trouble since all of these jobs require that you move to Lille, France. Maybe after you're done with school, you can apply!

Muwhahahaha! I'll get to live my sister's dream if I move to France xD

But I really do have a job with Ankama in my head. If nursing doesn't work out for me, this is option #2.

Volunteer Mentor Minotot Deboner
* * * * * Member Since 2008-06-06
posté September 30, 2010, 16:30:00 | #6
Best of luck on anyone who might apply!

EDIT: Okay, I completely changed my post because I didn't want to sound like a fool, but now I'm curious. Izmar, I'm checking the multiple jobs and the profile section and the Translator position doesn't say you need to know French. Is this intentional? Or is French a prerequisite? I know the Marketing position says you MUST know French and English fluently but the Translator doesn't say you do.

-Mentor 68

posté September 30, 2010, 21:42:14 | #7

Quote (Mentor-LXVIII @ 30 September 2010 16:30) *

EDIT: Okay, I completely changed my post because I didn't want to sound like a fool, but now I'm curious. Izmar, I'm checking the multiple jobs and the profile section and the Translator position doesn't say you need to know French. Is this intentional? Or is French a prerequisite? I know the Marketing position says you MUST know French and English fluently but the Translator doesn't say you do.

-Mentor 68

No, to be a French to English translator you must know English and German and have a firm grasp on the ability to type translate.google.com into browsers.

Mooney (Rushu)
Team Awesome
Subscriber Touchparak Smasher
* * * * Member Since 2007-06-22
posté September 30, 2010, 23:33:58 | #8
Wow, if thats you not sounding like a fool, i want to see the un-edited post lolol

posté October 01, 2010, 10:00:37 | #9

Quote (Mentor-LXVIII @ 30 September 2010 16:30) *

-Mentor 68

The English translator requirements are a direct translation of the French version, where fluency in French is assumed. Applicants must be able to read French with ease.

The translation team does thousands of words daily, if anyone out there is thinking of applying on the strength of their translate.google.com skills, please sit this one out. For the good of the game, we need someone who is fast, efficient and can easily understand French puns and in-jokes that translation software mangles.

posté October 01, 2010, 17:26:42 | #10
Before you decide to take a stab at me friends, take a moment to consider where I'm coming from. I, as in ME knew that you had to know French, I just wanted to be 100% sure that it wasn't a mistake on their part (you know, forgetting to add it to the job requirement list). Some people are very literal and to the book like that and if they don't see EXACTLY what they need to know, they assume it either isn't required or it isn't a big deal. It's for the sake of those who believe only what they read on paper.

So let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum. As a Mentor, it's my job to teach and guide (look the word up) and if I can do so by helping just clear up a little bit of confusion, then I did just that. I don't see you all asking these questions, as stupid as they may seem, it is, nonetheless a question that needed to be cleared up.

That is all,
-Mentor 68

Pingwin Pwner
* * * * Member Since 2007-03-08
posté October 01, 2010, 17:57:22 | #11

Quote (Izmar @ 01 October 2010 09:00) *
if anyone out there is thinking of applying on the strength of their translate.google.com skills, please sit this one out.
Lucky I use babelfish.yahoo.com instead!

Feathers (Solar)
Lust
Former Subscriber Sphincter Cell Uncorker
* * * * * Member Since 2009-09-30
posté October 01, 2010, 18:04:14 | #12
If you have Google Chrome, it can translate entire webpages for you upon opening them. You could always use that.

Elynnia (Zatoishwan)
Avarice
Former Subscriber Ougaa Muncher
* * * * * Member Since 2010-04-04
posté October 01, 2010, 19:06:09 | #13
Aww darn I cant move away from my family T_T

Facestomp (Rosal)
The Elkamysts
Legendary Caster of Creativity Moon Hammerer
* * * * Member Since 2008-04-02
posté October 02, 2010, 03:14:23 | #14
are there any Mentor applications? I could be a good mentor. I have taught lots of people to play Dofus. One is actually a higher level than I am right now
Info on me:
I'm a very patient person
I'm great with new people
I'm on VERY often
I'm also full of info on how to teach some people to play Dofus easily
I also am a very friendly person (I have been known to break up or prevent a few fights)

Elynnia (Zatoishwan)
Avarice
Former Subscriber Ougaa Muncher
* * * * * Member Since 2010-04-04
posté October 02, 2010, 05:14:50 | #15
The only reason I wouldn't apply for mentor is my mom wont let me on all the time like you and not to mention I have a bad case of ego that I would need to change...lol

Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2005-08-15
posté October 02, 2010, 14:11:54 | #16

Quote (Mentor-LXVIII @ 01 October 2010 17:26) *
Before you decide to take a stab at me friends, take a moment to consider where I'm coming from. I, as in ME knew that you had to know French, I just wanted to be 100% sure that it wasn't a mistake on their part (you know, forgetting to add it to the job requirement list). Some people are very literal and to the book like that and if they don't see EXACTLY what they need to know, they assume it either isn't required or it isn't a big deal. It's for the sake of those who believe only what they read on paper.

So let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum. As a Mentor, it's my job to teach and guide (look the word up) and if I can do so by helping just clear up a little bit of confusion, then I did just that. I don't see you all asking these questions, as stupid as they may seem, it is, nonetheless a question that needed to be cleared up.

That is all,
-Mentor 68

If somebody doesn't realise that you need to know French to be a French to English translator living and working in France, I'm fairly sure they're not appropriate for the job in the first place.

posté October 02, 2010, 14:50:46 | #17
While that might be true, again, I know people who have to be told EXACTLY what to do and it has to be shown EXACTLY how it should be done on paper. Not everyone can catch implications. Again, this really isn't up for debate, I asked a question for the sake of those who might not be as sharp as everyone else and this is the kind of response it gets? That's a shame ...

EDIT: Now this is off-topic but I'll pin the two questions up there on the wall.

@CoolRay: Just like Moderators, when Mentor positions are open they will announce that. So as far as I'm aware, there aren't any open. If they do open them and it's allowed to be released to the public (it's really Izmar's decision on how this will be done) then I'll let you know.

@Variarria: It's a volunteer position. I just happen to have the luxury of being on the computer a LOT. That being said, you catch me on a large majority of the time. Even when I'm not on for Dofus, the forum is one of my hometabs that shows up so I'm technically always going to be on. I browse from time to time. Now enough ranting about me, as stated before as being volunteer, you can devote as much or as little time to it as you please. You see me on all the time, while there are others who have made one post and you haven't seen them in a very long time or even at all.

-Mentor 68

Subscriber Celestial Bearbarian Basher
* * * * * * Member Since 2005-12-31
posté October 02, 2010, 22:40:03 | #18
Neat, looking into this.

Maybe I'll finally be able to improve my French, even though I've got it laying dormant in my bloodline.

Poor 68... There-there...

-Cato

Former Subscriber Gobkool Shearer
* * Member Since 2008-11-21
posté October 23, 2010, 13:16:23 | #19
would this job still available after 3 years =P

F2P Member Member Since 2010-07-08
posté December 02, 2010, 10:39:04 | #20
does the job require any specific degree ?? if i already got job can i still work for ankama ?? i mean work in the 2 jobs

togather if my job isn't in the same time as ankama's job

posté December 17, 2010, 12:05:17 | #21
I've done my Masters in marketing & finance and have been working for GE capital for 4months now.
I wanted to know if French knowledge is necessary for Marketing profiles (like the openings in Ankama Editions right now).

Tamatha (Zatoishwan)
Avarice
Former Subscriber Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2010-08-27
posté December 17, 2010, 13:19:51 | #22

Quote (--a-m-q-- @ 02 December 2010 11:39) *
does the job require any specific degree ?? if i already got job can i still work for ankama ?? i mean work in the 2 jobs

togather if my job isn't in the same time as ankama's job

i'm pretty sure this wont be an issue, however there's one problem: your first job needs to be the same place they are. pretty sure they wont let you telecommute.

posté January 15, 2011, 16:45:20 | #23
It would be so cool to work with Ankama. Shame I don't want to live in France xD

Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2009-01-20
posté January 15, 2011, 17:35:26 | #24

Quote (Crystalwires @ 15 January 2011 16:45) *
Shame I don't want to live in France xD

Shame doing a year of my French degree was the bane of my life :L

posté January 15, 2011, 18:11:56 | #25

Quote (AcidWings @ 15 January 2011 17:35) *

Quote (Crystalwires @ 15 January 2011 16:45) *
Shame I don't want to live in France xD

Shame doing a year of my French degree was the bane of my life :L

Yeah shame you don't speak French or we could move to France, geesh! xD

(Trust me, I wouldn't want to :L)

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2007-06-05
posté October 13, 2011, 07:14:19 | #26
myself im a programmer.
i study ICT and program in java and PhP and C atm.
I m from the netherlands and would really like to work at ankama.
im 19 years old and started my study for, how dumb it sounds, to make games like dofus.
i have a lot of idea that i think would be great because its a combined content of many other succesfull games including dofus.

i really like to work on a temporary assignment at ankama for my study next year.

do you people at ankama do such things?

greetings Nico, Allias Anime

This post has been edited by lord-pandawa-nico - October 13, 2011, 07:17:51.
Aurameroz (Rushu)
Brakmarian Knights
Subscriber Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2008-02-05
posté November 09, 2011, 11:51:24 | #27
@Izmar

Hey Izmar,

I was wondering, is there any way I can be a moderator on the forums or in game to help with small problems?

thanks, Aura

Former Subscriber Gobkool Shearer
* * Member Since 2006-04-26
posté November 10, 2011, 21:04:15 | #28
Izmar will let people know when she is looking for Moderators.

-Thundra 

Volunteer Moderator Mopy King Cleaner
* * * * Member Since 2008-07-28
posté November 13, 2011, 15:50:42 | #29

Quote (bolleke @ 09 November 2011 11:51) *
@Izmar

Hey Izmar,

I was wondering, is there any way I can be a moderator on the forums or in game to help with small problems?

thanks, Aura
If you read Izmar's profile you can get a hint of what she is looking for. One way to start is to help as much as you can as a normal user (answer questions and such on forum).

Former Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-02-01
posté November 15, 2011, 07:13:55 | #30
I think Rushu needs some more Mods. Theres always problems and no MODs to help solve them. I would like to apply for a MOD position.
Quote (MODZoothia @ 13 November 2011 15:50) *

@Izmar

Hey Izmar,

thanks, Aura
If you read Izmar's profile you can get a hint of what she is looking for. One way to start is to help as much as you can as a normal user (answer questions and such on forum).

Aurameroz (Rushu)
Brakmarian Knights
Subscriber Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2008-02-05
posté November 18, 2011, 18:58:02 | #31

Quote (MODZoothia @ 13 November 2011 15:50) *

@Izmar

Hey Izmar,

thanks, Aura

well, the problem with that is when i can read the forums the questions are already answered xd, so i can't really help

-Aura-Kill 

F2P Member Larva
* Member Since 2011-11-27
posté November 27, 2011, 17:17:36 | #32

Quote (Izmar @ 29 September 2010 15:33) *
Ankama is recruiting for several English-speaking positions at the moment. If you have ever wanted to work with Ankama, you can visit the recruitment portal here:

Click here

I am curious about some things Dofus. Specifically Wakfu.

I have seen openings in German, Italian and Spanish. Obviously in French as well. But what intrigues me is why isn't it in English just yet? Will Dofus be releasing it out to Americans and the English soon? Are they looking for voices or is everything already picked? If they haven't picked yet, is there a place I could apply for said job?
If nothing is completely decided yet, can we expect it to be translated in the near future?

Obviously if you can't answer these questions, that's fine. I am just a curious fan. I can't seem to find the answers to my questions online.

Thanks  

Woody-Boy (Rushu)
Flames
Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2011-07-29
posté November 23, 2012, 09:17:50 | #33
I know this is like 2 years late but as soon as i turn 18 (14 now... sigh) ;( i'd probs try n get a job at ankama, hopefully ankama will still make dofus then. and i always wanted to go to france haha

Lyraesel (Rosal)
F2P Member Larva
* Member Since 2009-10-13
posté December 07, 2012, 10:52:33 | #34
I'd really love to work for Ankama. =) I think I'm going to apply when I'm finally 18 years old (one more year!). I could be an English-Polish translator, a new content creator or an artist. I wish I was able to do some programming, it's not an easy thing for me to learn though.

Prince-Bee (Rosal)
Noblesse Oblige
Former Subscriber Mopy King Cleaner
* * * * Member Since 2011-02-10
posté December 07, 2012, 18:22:46 | #35
I think about trying out for a position at Ankama as a programmer, granted they allow "experience on the job", i just love working with computers, but i'm such an amateur at it :p

Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2012-02-04
posté January 26, 2013, 05:16:04 | #36
How do you become a volunteer moderator?