Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

How to become mercenary, Mercenary question
Former Subscriber Royal Mastogob Masticator
* * * * Member Since 2010-05-11
posté September 12, 2010, 13:46:27 | #1
How to become mercenary Can soemone tell me how can someone become a mercenary? (mercenary is an alignment)

--posted by triplesword---In-game name: Greenubuntu

Volunteer Moderator Wa Wabbit Carrotator
* * * * Member Since 2008-07-08
posté September 12, 2010, 14:02:52 | #2
Hi
The Mercenary Clan, whilst kinda falls into the Alignment class, really is not.

Let me explain :-

The Mercenaries have no "sides" but are paid men to perform tasks, Also they do NOT have access to Bonta/Brack Alignment areas, No Zoth / imps Village access etc. They can not randomly push around a bonta or Brack , but can themselfs be pushed around!

Now for the most important part,
The Clan is VERY MUCH based on role play, and requires an Games Master to organise content for the Clan, Your rank is increased by the Clan Leader and not on automatic systems ( such as the head hunter for Bonta / Brack )

It IS alot of work, and would require an ENTIRE guild to prove to admin that they have the ability to pull this off, as , again, it requires a Game Master (GM not Mod ) to be present for activity

More info can be gleaned from ( http://seriane-kerm.cyberie.net/ ) though your French will need to be good

Hope this helps

Themis x

Volunteer Mentor Minotot Deboner
* * * * * Member Since 2008-06-06
posté September 12, 2010, 14:21:17 | #3
Also, to add on to what Themis said:

Izmar stated in her own words and I quote: "The mercenary alignment is full of fail"

And by that I mean that she had a long explanation of why the alignment is NOT in the International community. Aside from not having nearly enough people in the RP base, but she spoke to other community managers at Ankama and she said that every server that had this alignment just got worse. People hated it. It was rife with corruption and abuse and it just made the atmosphere not worth playing. So she said that is the reason why she is extremely hesitant to even introduce this on our servers.

I can't speak for the Devs or anyone else, but I don't know if we're ever going to get that alignment.

-Mentor 68

Subscriber Wa Wabbit Carrotator
* * * * Member Since 2009-07-20
posté September 12, 2010, 14:30:23 | #4
Maybe in.. 10 years when Ankama has enough people to actually "play it" as it should be played.

Milano (Rushu)
Cloud
Subscriber Crocabulia Extinguisher
* * * * * Member Since 2010-07-19
posté September 12, 2010, 15:16:29 | #5
maybe if seriane worked like a normal alignment, it would worknout fantastically. I would join that's for sure. Even if it does mean being agressed by either bonta or brakmar. They get some pretty cool perks too like the mercenary's blade, the clint, and the wooden wings as well. Too bad that it's just a RP thing for Jiva/Djaul. Had it been designed as a normal alignment, it would be much more successful.

**I'd also think it'd be cool to have the ability to aggro either alignment, because that way I can help someone being ganged. (or at least make it a little even)

Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2007-08-13
posté September 12, 2010, 21:00:27 | #6
If I'm not mistaken, Jiva is the only server to have access to the Seriane Kerm.

Subscriber Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté September 12, 2010, 21:03:28 | #7
Seriane-Kerm is a guild name. Jiva and Rushu both have access to guilds with that name.

If you mean the Mercenary alignment, at least four servers currently have it, including the Spanish server Alma.

Milano (Rushu)
Cloud
posté September 12, 2010, 21:11:49 | #8

Quote (Schmendrick @ 12 September 2010 21:03) *
Seriane-Kerm is a guild name. Jiva and Rushu both have access to guilds with that name.

If you mean the Mercenary alignment, at least four servers currently have it, including the Spanish server Alma.

yes. the mercenary alignment is nothing but a guild of RP'ers.

F2P Member Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2009-10-10
posté September 12, 2010, 21:23:33 | #9
trust me, brakmarian is the way to go

Milano (Rushu)
Cloud
posté September 12, 2010, 21:26:55 | #10

Quote (pascalsauvage @ 12 September 2010 21:23) *
trust me, brakmarian is the way to go

PFFFFFFT.

my server says otherwise... they may be winning with the most territories, but they're all noobs who gang and stuff. i dont know about your server, but Aermyne has most of its reputable players fighting for Bonta.

Bontas market is generally better on Aermyne as well...

Former Subscriber Kami Snowfoux Kuddler
* * * * * Member Since 2008-05-18
posté September 12, 2010, 21:28:08 | #11

Quote (iHarakirii @ 12 September 2010 12:26) *
Bontas market is generally better on Aermyne as well...

Same here on Rosal

Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2007-08-13
posté September 12, 2010, 21:31:46 | #12

Quote (Schmendrick @ 12 September 2010 21:03) *

Correct.

Just to clarify for others, the alignment isn't called Seriane Kerm. The alignment is simply called "mercenary", and the only place to find the Seriane Kerm guild with mercenary aligned members is on Jiva. The Seriane Kerm of Rushu is simply a guild name and nothing more. Rushu doesn't have access to the mercenary alignment.

If my memory is correct, the four servers with access to the mercenary alignment are Jiva, Hecate, Alma, and Rykke-Errel. Mercenary aligned guilds on different servers have different names. For example, Entr'aildses and Fëa'Lah'Kart are both mercenary aligned guilds on Rykke-Errel.