Back to forum.dofus.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

dofus or wakfu, what better wakfu or dofus???????
posté April 19, 2009, 19:32:42 | #1
dofus or wakfu what do tihnk give me some pro and cons about both and why its better

Former Subscriber Member Since 2006-01-28
posté April 19, 2009, 21:44:50 | #2
DOFUS. No question.

Pros/Cons... hmmm... just that Dofus is actually a game you can play and have fun in while Wakfu seems to be a graphics and tech demo where someone went to town with pretty art and fluff and forgot to put an actual GAME that you can play inside.

To be fair Wakfu is not finished yet though (if it ever will be).

Former Subscriber Kolosso's Fastball Special
* * * * * Member Since 2008-04-26
posté April 20, 2009, 01:33:27 | #3
Dofus is better for now and I don't think there will be a wakfu.

I actually hate wakfu because it's not done and I lagged out about 39 times in a row.

Former Subscriber Member Since 2006-01-28
posté April 20, 2009, 02:13:29 | #4
I don't even understand the idea behind Wakfu. I mean, Wakfu, a whole new separate frickin game. Woohoo. Are you kidding me? Why couldn't you just focus on improving Dofus more and more? You had go and split everything up and divide your efforts into two different games? So neither one gets your full attention, and they both end up half-assed. YAYZ.

Probably why we'll never see the very similar and yet completely separate game, "World of Warcrakfu" from Blizzard.

posté April 20, 2009, 02:34:49 | #5
And the whole time ALSO trying to implement a new version of their original game, i.e; 2.0

F2P Member Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2009-01-02
posté April 21, 2009, 05:23:33 | #6

Quote (thisgameizfun @ 20 April 2009 00:33) *
Dofus is better for now and I don't think there will be a wakfu.

I actually hate wakfu because it's not done and I lagged out about 39 times in a row.

Can you people please look on the good side of thing like wakfu?
It sucks also cuz everything is in french but after about 2 years wakfu will be better.
Yes There Will be A wakfu

Former Subscriber Treechnid Hugger
* Member Since 2005-06-19
posté April 21, 2009, 07:07:10 | #7

Quote (shadowthehedgehogz @ 21 April 2009 04:23) *
Can you people please look on the good side of thing like wakfu?

Wakfu is far far away from being finished. And it has not been updated for months.
And seeing Ankama's famous bugfixing, ballancing and game improving "speed", I doubt it's going to be relaesed anytime soon. 1-2 years maybe.

Former Subscriber Touchparak Smasher
* * * * Member Since 2007-06-22
posté April 21, 2009, 09:14:29 | #8
wakfu will fail untill they rethink the spell system

its currently possible to get all of the spells needed for your build before like level 10

and then another 190 levels of.....

posté April 21, 2009, 09:28:09 | #9
Dofus for now, since I haven't played Wakfu yet. But the animated series looks great..I want to watch it somehow (subtitled editions, anyone?)

Former Subscriber Kolosso's Fastball Special
* * * * * Member Since 2008-04-26
posté April 21, 2009, 22:33:57 | #10

Quote (velebnicek @ 21 April 2009 06:07) *
Wakfu is far far away from being finished. And it has not been updated for months.
And seeing Ankama's famous bugfixing, ballancing and game improving "speed", I doubt it's going to be relaesed anytime soon. 1-2 years maybe.

If that's true I'd most likely quit dofus by that time.

Former Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2007-06-22
posté April 21, 2009, 23:03:44 | #11
wakfu is currently functional, but large portion of the game is still french only. System also need improvement.

Former Subscriber Moopet Master
* * Member Since 2005-11-28
posté April 22, 2009, 13:53:35 | #12
that's not the problem. As mentioned, you can all the spells by level 7 of one particular branch (I did anyway, probably possible to get even before level 7). This makes leveling tedious and boring, with no reward in the end (except a slight increase in damage). However wakfu does have several features that are awesome. These include the init calculations (change depending on actions taken), the area filter (when entering combat) and some interesting monster and social concepts. Lags too much, but that may be fixed when a stable build comes.

posté April 22, 2009, 16:54:16 | #13
I've been waiting for wakfu since the summer of 2008. hehe, .
But now i'm anxious for Dofus 2.0. Wakfu is barely open beta in FRENCH.

Subscriber Celestial Bearbarian Basher
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-01-02
posté April 22, 2009, 17:59:07 | #14

Quote (Thidranian @ 20 April 2009 01:34) *
And the whole time ALSO trying to implement a new version of their original game, i.e; 2.0

Not to mention dofus arena. And making a billion artbooks, dofus mags, etc. at the same time.

posté April 22, 2009, 23:24:04 | #15
Well I played both.I really like Dofus because it has like more action but the characters are not so realistic as in Wakfu.Wakfu in all conditions is more realistic.Here in Dofus is like the design is not fully finished.
Aracuan Wakfu is still not completed for us who speak english.Wakfu finished already for the french guys.When they make Wakfu fully on english then we can compare them.
And if you don't know the new version of Dofus - Dofus 2.0 is more like Wakfu.The gobballs have no difference if you watch more carefully.Only the characters are not the same.They will now be almost the same but only the maps will make some difference and maybe the characters a little.
Ankama has a lot of things to do.They don't only think about Dofus and Wakfu.If you see in their website they have other things to think about like Maliki,Mutafukaz,etc.They don't make only games...They make magazines,posters,plushies,trinkets,even T-shirts and lots of goodies.They can't do everything.Put yourself on their place.
Let Ankama fully update both and I think then we can really compare them.

Former Subscriber Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2007-06-17
posté April 23, 2009, 02:29:02 | #16
Hah, they should have finished Dofus before getting 1000 years ahead with Wakfu.

I like Dofus, there's not a lot of complex graphics and there's less than Wakfu but Dofus was here first and Wakfu is "1000 years into the future". Of course Dofus is going to be a little primitive. What I hate is how the Dofus 2.0 looks like Wakfu. Same character size, changed art/chibified, maybe even temples similar to Wakfu.

I've beta tested Wakfu, got a key and everything. Wakfu isn't done yet though and Dofus needs and is going to get a lot of changes so I refuse to claim one is better than the other when we don't even have both fully out yet.

Former Subscriber Moopet Master
* * Member Since 2005-11-28
posté April 23, 2009, 09:05:08 | #17

Quote (sdddddddddddddddddd @ 22 April 2009 15:54) *
I've been waiting for wakfu since the summer of 2008. hehe, .
But now i'm anxious for Dofus 2.0. Wakfu is barely open beta in FRENCH.

It's open beta in english also. Played it. Been in open beta for quite a while

Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2008-10-11
posté April 24, 2009, 23:22:52 | #18

Quote (OrangeApple @ 23 April 2009 08:05) *
It's open beta in english also. Played it. Been in open beta for quite a while

How do you get the english beta? Ive been looking for it for a while now. Also, I've also been waiting for Wakfu since the summer of 2008.

Thrower of Barbrossa
* * Member Since 2006-03-17
posté April 24, 2009, 23:43:09 | #19

Quote (jamef @ 19 April 2009 19:32) *
what do tihnk give me some pro and cons about both and why its better

Both games are still under development as Ankama constantly demostrates with the changes to the characters, so would be wise to not play either until Ankama finishes them

posté April 25, 2009, 13:16:07 | #20

Quote (sharpviprix @ 24 April 2009 22:22) *
How do you get the english beta? Ive been looking for it for a while now. Also, I've also been waiting for Wakfu since the summer of 2008.

Trust me you wouldn't want to do the english beta yet because your wait won't be worth it and you will only be put down. The english beta is english only in the sense that when you try to log in you will see the "crate a character" and a few descriptions in english, but once you start playing the actual game is mostly french, even most spell descriptions and you would be lucky to find at least one other person who speaks english during your play time. I recommend you wait until it's fully translated and a new international server is released. The only server listed lists the main language of the server as french.

posté April 25, 2009, 15:00:15 | #21
Open beta doesn't work, wth... Your account has been successfully created. You will receive an e-mail when the Wakfu Beta is launched.