Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

DOFUS Time: Kolosso Dungeon Tutorial
Community Manager Klime Buttonholer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-10-19
posté March 19, 2013, 17:57:52 | #1
DOFUS Time: Kolosso Dungeon Tutorial Now that the Weapon Balancing devblog is out and you're ready to quit Dofus forever, it's the perfect time to run those dungeons you never got around to running before, like Kolosso! We're here to help you make your last month of subscription memorable with a new video tutorial!

Our Korriander and Snowfoux dungeon tutorials were big hits, and now it's time to push further into Frigost 3 by staring down the double boss combo in the Caverns of Kolosso!

Let's pick apart the monsters' skills and tactics and break down the dungeon into managable tasks. We'll also help you craft your team (which is extra easy for Kolosso, especially when running as a team of eight)!

If you have questions about the dungeon, or tips to help make a Kolosso run succeed, please share in the comments. Don't be shy, the more people who can access Frigost 3, the more fun we'll all have!

As usual, if you like this video and want more English tutorials, remember to like, comment, share, and subscribe. Good luck on your dungeon run, and let us know how you do!

P.S.: Special thanks to Kneegrows, Nychancer, -Suricate-, Motor-Boat, Ecaloww, Maesq, Iron-Seb, Brozen-Pil, Aurameroz, The-Wanted, Myhealer-nl, Seiros, shaz, i-make-ur-wish-come-, Candy-floss, deadhtmaster, and Tsuki from Rushu who helped make the video captures for this tutorial. Muchas gracias, amigos! <3

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2009-07-24
posté March 19, 2013, 19:06:40 | #2
i guess ankama knows already most people will quit after the weapon balancing

Baby-Kan (Rushu)
Pumas
Subscriber Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
* * * * Member Since 2008-01-07
posté March 19, 2013, 19:12:12 | #3
Hmm haven't yet watched the entire video as I've already beat the dungeon and had no problem, but I did notice Izmar said it would be no problem for 8characters. I'm not a fan of huge groups in frigost dungs because of the added difficulty and one mistake can cost a life or more. Anyways glad the vids are still coming out, I just have a question, are you planning to make new ones when the change to CC comes to life? We all know that it is coming, and I am not bashing it, just stating that a lot of people use weapons at opportune times to kill these monsters and if mosnters are changed as a result of the weapon changes then new vids might be needed, that's all. Once again thnx for the videos and I'll watch this one now

~KAN~

posté March 19, 2013, 19:19:38 | #4

Quote (DoonKan @ 19 March 2013 19:12) *
Hmm haven't yet watched the entire video as I've already beat the dungeon and had no problem, but I did notice Izmar said it would be no problem for 8characters. I'm not a fan of huge groups in frigost dungs because of the added difficulty and one mistake can cost a life or more. Anyways glad the vids are still coming out, I just have a question, are you planning to make new ones when the change to CC comes to life? We all know that it is coming, and I am not bashing it, just stating that a lot of people use weapons at opportune times to kill these monsters and if mosnters are changed as a result of the weapon changes then new vids might be needed, that's all. Once again thnx for the videos and I'll watch this one now

~KAN~

Please note, I said that crafting a team for Kolosso is quite easy compared to the other dungeons, because you have more flexibility. The only class abilities that you really can't do without are MP theft, a damage summon, and pushback, and those are skills that quite a lot of classes have. So when you're running a team of 8, that leaves a lot of spaces where you can experiment with different classes. =)

Unofficial Forum Answer Bot Count Harebourg Clocker
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté March 19, 2013, 19:20:32 | #5
A few things to note:

Taking range on Pyro Brockhard will render it unable to cast the poison spell - makes it easy to ignore until later in the fight. I find this more effective than using it on a Nightcrawling or Bestial Brockhard.

You can lift Fugue with an unbewitch, and if you hit it from range it will still go invisible.

You can lift Symbiote off a monster.

Word of Recovery and Regenerating Word will heal in the Kolosso fight, for now at least, because they aren't affected by heals anymore

Greenpaw (Rosal)
Aegis
Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2011-07-30
posté March 19, 2013, 19:26:28 | #6
ooh the sarcasm, i laughed a bit haha

Peeta (Dark Vlad)
wervelwind
Subscriber Lord Crow Flatterer
* * * * Member Since 2011-02-27
posté March 19, 2013, 19:31:26 | #7

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 19 March 2013 19:20) *
A few things to note:

Taking range on Pyro Brockhard will render it unable to cast the poison spell - makes it easy to ignore until later in the fight. I find this more effective than using it on a Nightcrawling or Bestial Brockhard.

You can lift Fugue with an unbewitch, and if you hit it from range it will still go invisible.

Word of Recovery and Regenerating Word will heal in the Kolosso fight, for now at least, because they aren't affected by heals anymore
enu's pandora's chest heals there too since 2.10, isn't it?

posté March 19, 2013, 19:46:24 | #8

Quote (Cute-Fire @ 19 March 2013 19:31) *

Quote (Revil-Nunor @ 19 March 2013 19:20) *
A few things to note:

enu's pandora's chest heals there too since 2.10, isn't it?
Yes, it will heal as well because it is % based and not heals based. But the rather severe penalty to mp reduction makes it less worth using unless you really need healing.

This post has been edited by Revil-Nunor - March 19, 2013, 19:49:05.
Benjamight (Shika)
Reckless Knights
* * * * Member Since 2007-06-11
posté March 19, 2013, 19:59:56 | #9

Quote (DoonKan @ 19 March 2013 19:12) *

~KAN~
It took me a few tries to learn the monsters the other night, but I beat the dungeon with my team of 5 (Iop, Enu, Eni, Cra, & Panda). All the rules in the video would have DEFINETELY helped, had it come out just 3 days sooner...lol.

Thanks for the video. Getting ready to move on to CB... hopefully I don't have to wait for the video to proclaim my victory.

Benjamight

Subscriber Touchparak Smasher
* * * * Member Since 2009-05-26
posté March 19, 2013, 22:01:31 | #10

Quote (baktittt @ 19 March 2013 19:06) *
Actually, chances are higher that it was sarcasm. Looks to me like Ankama's way of saying "We know the playerbase hates the idea of this update, but we're doing it anyway". Which is what I like to see in games when it comes to balancing. Developers who get pushed around by the vocal community are the developers who end up ruining their own games.

Subscriber Kaniger Hunter
* * * Member Since 2006-07-16
posté March 19, 2013, 22:48:22 | #11

Quote (kakisuka @ 19 March 2013 22:01) *

Quote (baktittt @ 19 March 2013 19:06) *
Actually, chances are higher that it was sarcasm. Looks to me like Ankama's way of saying "We know the playerbase hates the idea of this update, but we're doing it anyway". Which is what I like to see in games when it comes to balancing. Developers who get pushed around by the vocal community are the developers who end up ruining their own games.
I actually think that is a hint for a really bad Frigost 3s joke. It doesn't seems right to me to do that. And I have never ever seen Dofus doing something like that, being so sarcastic.

Anyway nice video Izmar^^

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2009-03-01
posté March 20, 2013, 08:02:24 | #12
Foggernaut's lifesavor works lovingly on the final room as well ^^

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-11-09
posté March 20, 2013, 08:25:14 | #13
Well the first part you read just proves ankama do not care about anyone besides themselves.

not bad video though

Former Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2011-03-25
posté March 20, 2013, 12:10:09 | #14
we all know from izmars posts and her videos that she is a really nice person and a great commuinty manager,
so i think what she is really saying is we are all overreacting and a big change like this will make ppl come to the forums and rage. but once we get used to it everythig will go back to normal
i understand why they want to nerf the crits on daggers but why nerf lots of other weapons as well,it will be such a pain to remake and remage all my weapons

Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2012-06-20
posté March 20, 2013, 13:01:22 | #15
The links are wrong; both lead to the Snowfoux video on YouTube.

Thanks for the video, by the way \(^ o^)/

Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2011-01-17
posté March 20, 2013, 15:38:30 | #16
People that quit just because of change are LOSERS! These tutorials are pretty cool. Keep 'em coming, and for goodness sake get better server and security equipment.

Nito (Solar)
Omni
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2006-03-19
posté March 20, 2013, 16:22:56 | #17
People get mad and want to quit because they're doing these major changes so often and breaking people's plans for their character.

Baby-Kan (Rushu)
Pumas
posté March 20, 2013, 16:27:40 | #18
Lol as of late I can't even finish a single char's newest setup because by the time I'm almost finished a new nerf comes out completely destroying what I changed. Anyways for kolosso I always throw him in the corner and toss a double with him for locking. If you have an eni as a lot of teams are you can jst WoR it back up before its dead (I rarely use this spell otherwise so not a waste to me) and keep him away til you wipe the rest of the monsters then just get eni next to koloss (not adjacent but diagnol) and summon an arachnee on a character that hits b4 the eni. I simply use my eni to frighten the arachnee back 1 space (still not able to get hit by kolosso's spell when he's wrecking my double) and then all of my other chars are able to CC or hit with spells. He doesn't have much hp, and since I have a panda he dies quickly even with spells. Good luck to all you out there who have yet to run the dung ;D

~KAN~

Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2006-08-12
posté March 20, 2013, 21:07:47 | #19
Thanks for the video Izmar! I'll be attempting to tackling Kolosso pretty soon with my cousins. All these tutorials and information on the monsters are saving me hours of gathering information ^^ (even though gathering information was fun) Gives me hope knowing my sadi's mp reduction will provide my team a safe haven on the map.

Baby-Kan (Rushu)
Pumas
posté March 20, 2013, 21:50:39 | #20
I normally just run around finding the smallest mobs that I can take and experiment with the monsters from there. I remember the first time I fought a treecherous and tried to kill the summon. That wiped my team haha, then I discovered I didn't need to touch it at all. If you are not into testing like this wiki always exists. It is not as detailed as the videos, but you can gather enough information to give things a go. Not sure if it's just bad timing or done on purpose, but I'm curious when the tutorials on frig 3 dungeons will be available. Will we be doing them long before they get changed and then a video surfaces or will there be one right away, even though the dungeons are supposed to be uber difficult. Not criticizing here, just curious and intrigued when more videos will come out.

~KAN~

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2006-04-26
posté March 21, 2013, 05:29:23 | #21

Quote (Saltine @ 20 March 2013 15:38) *
People that quit just because of change are LOSERS! These tutorials are pretty cool. Keep 'em coming, and for goodness sake get better server and security equipment.

This tutorials are a usefull tool no doubt (just a bit OUT date?), I wouldn't call "LOSERS" this ppl who have complete all this dungs by themselves when this was really hard...then complainers cryed and devs made them easyer... think about it.

Quote (thedahakatr @ 20 March 2013 16:22) *
People get mad and want to quit because they're doing these major changes so often and breaking people's plans for their character.

Is all the true I don't know why Izmar is making fun of this, this game is getting worse EVERY update probably no for the new comers but the old ppl is getting bad stuff every update, classes and spells nerfed and now weapons; is just annoying and imposible to keep a good build or a good set for several months. If devs wants to make the game harder they should just use the brains and work on the mobs not taking the easyer way just nerfing the things they have done, if they improve the game with new things it would be interesting to play but nerffing stuff done is just annoying.. WHY? -easy... ppl have invested time and money building characters and playing the game for several moths and years what hapens after a nerf? -well... Items price drops and is harder to sell just because ppl dont want usless things.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2013-03-19 17:45Now that the Weapon Balancing devblog is out and you're ready to quit Dofus forever, it's the perfect time to run those dungeons you never got around to running before, like Kolosso!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Probably ppl isn't quitting "forever" I will give a try to see this senseless change and yes, maybe I will quit till they make something different about this idk... what makes me feel SAD about all this is the devs team that the game and we as community have.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-02-04
posté March 22, 2013, 05:27:10 | #22
so let me get this straight at the end of the vid i saw 8 weapon skills unless i counted wrong so lets say 7-8 you also weapon spammed some of the monsters. i think you guys should try going through the dungeon with YOUR new set of rules for weapons and see how smoothly that goes. Way to play the video fast so that people woulnt notice. this is a dungeon you cant weapon spam the boss and you need spells. but weapons are still handy. so why not make more dungeons and or monster ability that make it hard to use weapons?

* Member Since 2010-03-17
posté March 22, 2013, 11:12:57 | #23
I don't know why Izmar will even mention that people want to quit the game after weapon nerf in this way....seems unprofessional to me....and show how much respect you have for me and other players who are angry with the weapon nerf....but please tell me what am i to do when in korriander dungeon and have to kill the serpula ..which can only be hit in last room with weapons only for you to win..please show me how to beat it without weapon spam as is that monster already posses alot of problems and i dont think that 1 and 2 weapon hits a turn with nerf weapons will cut it..please update the video with weapon nerf,,,,and for persons who still think that persons are lame for wanting to quit after 2.11 or that they are not good enough for the game...if you are an iop or osa or cra please SHUT UP!!! your classes dont need to rely on weapons as you all have spells that can ko a monster or player in 1 and 2 turns..osas can summon spam and watch the fight...so unless other classes are getting spells to assist them in damage or buff to current spells it will be in your favor  

posté March 22, 2013, 11:52:43 | #24

Quote (BENNY32 @ 22 March 2013 11:12) *
I don't know why Izmar will even mention that people want to quit the game after weapon nerf in this way....seems unprofessional to me....and show how much respect you have for me and other players who are angry with the weapon nerf....but please tell me what am i to do when in korriander dungeon and have to kill the serpula ..which can only be hit in last room with weapons only for you to win..please show me how to beat it without weapon spam as is that monster already posses alot of problems and i dont think that 1 and 2 weapon hits a turn with nerf weapons will cut it..please update the video with weapon nerf,,,,and for persons who still think that persons are lame for wanting to quit after 2.11 or that they are not good enough for the game...if you are an iop or osa or cra please SHUT UP!!! your classes dont need to rely on weapons as you all have spells that can ko a monster or player in 1 and 2 turns..osas can summon spam and watch the fight...so unless other classes are getting spells to assist them in damage or buff to current spells it will be in your favor

The devs have mentioned that they are planning to adjust the Serpula's resists as well as its HP in accordance with the weapon change.

* Member Since 2010-03-17
posté March 22, 2013, 15:21:31 | #25
OK....looking forward to seeing what is done..... but i dont think its cool to sarcastically mention persons wanting to quit the game over weapon nerf....i am waiting to see what it will be like with this nerf as well as what dev will do according to the reactions from players.

Angel of the Forums Kami Snowfoux Kuddler
* * * * * Member Since 2011-01-15
posté March 23, 2013, 15:53:34 | #26
I noticed that the video says "It is recommended to kill Korriander in a turn or two". That is going to be a lot harder to do post weapon nerf. D:

posté March 23, 2013, 19:45:30 | #27

Quote (Mishna @ 23 March 2013 15:53) *
I noticed that the video says "It is recommended to kill Korriander in a turn or two". That is going to be a lot harder to do post weapon nerf. D:
Just Poutch it. That will add thousands of extra damage per turn, and if you bribe and vuln it on turn one, then you are all set.

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2011-02-24
posté March 24, 2013, 11:44:39 | #28
haha dofus always making me laugh with your humor.

Guys, for people that are end set, and did impossible mission achviment.... that are really would players, that updte can be understandble.....if they didnt make this updte how the weaps in frig III would be? Its ankama falt that they didnt though about it before when they first realize frig II... stormcloud was 4ap .... so now to correct they mistake> making us addicted to just cc, cc ,cc all the fight to make it faster... they make this nerf, so they can still realize insane weaps at frig III without making the game ridiculous.....cause we must agree stormcloud 4ap wth whole group full int and panda taking full int res, was FREAKING RIDICULOUS.....and we ALL that pass frig II at beggin LOVED it!!!!!.......My friend that start play with or before me , before they realize even asturb, we must remember how much the game changed already AND we always realize that it was better after........IF they are making SUCH A JOKE with people that are overeacting about that is only because those people that are screaming and i eve hear about some sing thing that need to reach 30.000 sings, those people will be like> OHHHHH SOO IT WASNT THAT BAD AT ALL..... Ankama people are not a bunch of freaking retards, we should AT LEAST WAIT FOR IT i am pretty exited about it .....

I think it is clear english is not my native language sorry for it

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-09-22
posté March 26, 2013, 07:11:15 | #29
YAY!!!! Engligh tutorials!!!!!!