Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Back on dofus after 2 YEARS. HELP :(
Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2009-07-25
posté November 27, 2012, 22:00:26 | #1
Back on dofus after 2 YEARS. HELP :( Let me tell you all a little about me..

I used to play on Zato about 2 years ago. All I did was PvP with head hunter and do dopples. I made millions of Kamas that way.

Now I decided to play Dofus again, but Zato is a dead server, and head hunter doesn't exist anymore. I also heard they changed Dopples, but I am not clear on all this new information.

I just started all over again on Rushu, and I do not know how to make money. I never really tried professions out, so if someone would give me some advice on professions I would love to hear some.

What professions are the best? What will help me make the most money?

I am making a Vitality Osa, which is what I did 2 years ago. Is that still a good PvP option? Did they change Osas greatly the past 2 years?

Speaking of PvP, can someone please tell me how the new system works? Is it a good money making? Do I get rewards and exp? How do you make scrolls now?

I would appreciate some help . Also, how did they change dopples?

Should I start at a different server? Which server is the best?

Former Subscriber Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2010-12-19
posté November 28, 2012, 07:22:32 | #2
1. Head Hunter was removed because 1v1 PvP will never be perfectly balanced and the only people who wanted it were those who dominated others and reaped the rewards with no regrets.
2. Dopples have been altered in the way that the spells have been moved around to make them easier for everyone in general, but not to be so completely overthrown (ex. level 100 Osamodas dopple utilized Crackler and Wyrmling and would be incredibly hard to reach and survive) and also introduced one generic dopple coin for all dopples now. Old coins may be traded with Dopple Trainers for more of the generic tokens.
3. Zato may not be a dead server, but if you sign in at the right time, you can find quite a few people.
4. Alchemist, Handyman, and weapon smiths/carvers (excluding shovelsmith and axesmith) are very profitable professions.
5. Vitality Osa is still feasible as a PvP class, but not recommended in higher end PvP. The introduced sets since then have increased average damage output by x2 or x3 since 1.2x and the summons have not truly evolved with the game as their survivability has been drastically reduced to 2 turns if you're lucky. The upcoming update may help low level Osas who can get some spells to level 5, but doesn't affect those with level 6 spells.
6. The new system allows for wings to be put down without risk of losing honor in exchange of a forced risk to keep them up in aggressionable areas. But other than that, not much, honor system is still the same, but i don't believe you lose honor from PvP anymore.
7. Money is no longer given through winning pvp, honor alone. Money and XP are now distributed by level in the 3v3 pvp system named Kolossium for levels 50+, the match up is random unless you have your own squad of 3 people, but the matches are distributed by ratings and not by levels. so be prepared for 1 sided fights.
8. Scrolls are only obtainable through the Dopple system now. 20 tokens = 1 small scroll of any stat 60 = 1 normal scroll 120 = 1 great scroll 360 = 1 powerful scroll.
9. All servers are still viable, but if you want average numbers, they would be from least to greatest Rushu, Rosal, Solar (i believe).

Subscriber Celestial Bearbarian Basher
* * * * * * Member Since 2005-12-31
posté November 28, 2012, 15:21:55 | #3
Rushu>Rosal>Shika>Solar>Zato. ...As far as their birthing goes.

Welcome back! :}

-Cato

Former Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2011-11-06
posté November 28, 2012, 15:44:19 | #4

Quote (CatOcatastrofe @ 28 November 2012 15:21) *

-Cato
Solar > all other servers.

Rushu has too large of a population to care about the single player.

Rosal almost the same problem as Rushu, just doesn't have the same populous as Rushu.

Shika? Shika is hardly English speaking from when I went there.... As well, the population is probably worse off than Zato.

Solar, you have a variety of different people, different time zones, and new players starting every day. As well, there are many guilds that are suited just for beginners and many other people in the server that will be willing to help beginners.

Zato, Zato will probably be your best bet to stick with given that you're online at the right times. It's got a nice population and the people there are quite possibly one of the friendliest of all the English communities.

Subscriber Celestial Bearbarian Basher
* * * * * * Member Since 2005-12-31
posté November 28, 2012, 16:14:06 | #5

Quote (YouWouldntKnowMe @ 28 November 2012 15:44) *

Quote (CatOcatastrofe @ 28 November 2012 15:21) *

-Cato
Solar > all other servers.

Rushu has too large of a population to care about the single player.

Rosal almost the same problem as Rushu, just doesn't have the same populous as Rushu.

Shika? Shika is hardly English speaking from when I went there.... As well, the population is probably worse off than Zato.

Solar, you have a variety of different people, different time zones, and new players starting every day. As well, there are many guilds that are suited just for beginners and many other people in the server that will be willing to help beginners.

Zato, Zato will probably be your best bet to stick with given that you're online at the right times. It's got a nice population and the people there are quite possibly one of the friendliest of all the English communities.
Additionally, the lower pop servers have plenty of star mobs as an incentive.  

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2009-07-25
posté November 28, 2012, 21:56:16 | #6
thanks a lot everyone. i'm probably gonna go on Zato. Now I need to find a new way to make money since it isn't viable with PvP. Any advice?

Also, what happened to strokens?

Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2005-10-31
posté November 29, 2012, 00:50:34 | #7
Rushu is still pretty populated but seems like less people than 2 years ago .... perhaps just less zap sitter LOL.

Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2009-07-01
posté November 29, 2012, 07:52:35 | #8

Quote (ViCcTeRr @ 28 November 2012 21:56) *
thanks a lot everyone. i'm probably gonna go on Zato. Now I need to find a new way to make money since it isn't viable with PvP. Any advice?

Might I suggest you read through the change logs from the past two years? A lot has changed and they'll sum it up quite nicely for you.

Schitzo (Rosal)
Former Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2012-10-11
posté November 29, 2012, 11:51:14 | #9

Quote (ViCcTeRr @ 28 November 2012 21:56) *
Ankama finally admitted that balancing 1v1 is impossible, so the removed headhunter/strokens and replaced it with the Kolossium