Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Maturing Resources
Head DOFUS Developer Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2003-11-07
posté November 26, 2012, 18:23:00 | #1
Maturing Resources In the 2.9.0 update, we’re adding a new system for harvestable resources that will ease exploration. You already know the system that adds stars to group of monsters that are rarely attacked; well the same concept is now applied to resources!

How it works:

When a resource is available, it gets bonuses depending on the quality that can usually be harvested from resources of its type and the experience earned (for the related profession), and these bonuses increase the longer that the resource remains unharvested. Resources earn 4% bonus per hour; they reach 100%+ bonus on top of their original quantity and experience in 24 hours and about 200% in 48 hours. These bonuses can’t exceed 200%.

Bonuses for harvested quantities are simply added during the harvest; the harvester obtains basic resources and extra resources. The amount of the extra resources depends on the bonus that the resource had accumulated.

The minimum and maximum quantity that can be harvested by the character is displayed when a harvester hovers over a resource. The bonus is also displayed and is represented by stars (1 colored star represents 20% bonus, same as groups of monsters) and by the amount of resources obtained thanks to the bonuses.

When the character is harvesting, the amounts of resources earned are displayed in two figures that appear over the harvester’s head. The first number corresponds to basic amount of resources and the second number refers to bonus resources. In order to improve the readability of these quantities, we’ve slightly improved their display location. Now they start just above of the harvester’s head, instead of overlapping the character like before.

Experience bonuses for the related harvest profession are calculated in a very simple way: x% bonus on a resource gives x% extra profession experience during the harvest.

These harvesting bonuses are preserved between maintenances.

A slight change for cereal:

We’ve come to believe that cereals are respawning too quickly in general; a level 100 Farmer usually doesn’t have the time to harvest all the crops on a single field before the resources start respawning. This quick respawn time encourages players to choose a map and stay on it for their entire harvesting period, which we believe is regrettable. The time until cereals reappear is the shortest (150 seconds) among all other time of resource reappearance. We’ve thus decided to increase it to 600 seconds. But before you break your keyboard in half, we will reduce this respawn time if we find it to be too restrictive.

There are many farming maps in the game, and these fields often contain lots of resources. Such an accumulation of resources in the same place also pushes harvesters to stay on the same map and considerably reduces map readability.

Therefore, we’ve started to modify maps that contain big fields by reducing the number of cereals in order to make them “lighter”, easier to cross, more pleasant to contemplate, and faster to load.

For the update 2.9.0, we’ve started with Astrub Fields; you can go take a look at them and get an idea of what kind of modifications may be coming for other farming maps. This progressive change will allow us to see if these modifications are correctly balanced. The other fields will be changed gradually during other updates.

Don’t worry, we’re not planning on turning fields into tiny gardens that only contain a handful of crops; we’ll keep some maps with way more resources than others, but you should also prepare to see some maps that currently contain huge amounts of cereals looking a little more open.

Our goal isn’t to make harvesting cereal harder for the sake of simply making the profession more difficult, but to make it more meaningful and balanced. Reducing the quantities of cereals and increasing their time of reappearance is partly compensated by the introduction of the resource maturity system.

Objectives:

Our objectives for this change are quite simple:
  • Encourage people not to camp on the same map all the time to collect their resources or level up their profession.
  • Improve the value of resources present in small quantities on some maps (even these maps with smaller amounts of resources can still be interesting due to the maturity system).
  • Reward exploration and recon of areas that aren’t used by many people (such as “hidden” maps for example).
  • Distribute characters that collect resources over a higher number of different maps.

This system is already available on the test server and will be spread out over all servers with the update 2.9.0.

Click here 

Kickback (Zatoishwan)
Essence
Forum Monster Klime Scalper
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-05-19
posté November 26, 2012, 21:04:17 | #2
More pointless stupidity. (Not a farmer)

Subscriber Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
* * * * Member Since 2008-12-28
posté November 26, 2012, 21:41:01 | #3
So if I get this right, people will 'claim' their terratorium when many players want to farm at once but their field is empty or they're bussy and doesn't want to get disturbed by another farmer?

Cut it to half anyway right now... also, there are countless of problems in Dofus, why this?...

Subscriber Moowolf Slicer
* * * * Member Since 2011-09-27
posté November 26, 2012, 21:50:04 | #4

Quote (Alyss-Sin @ 26 November 2012 21:04) *
More pointless stupidity. (Not a farmer)
My Level 100 alchemist just gathered 3k flax flowers on 1 map with only 3 stars on all the flax. More instant gratification and another step towards Vanilla Dofus

(If that wasn't clear, I don't like the changes even though they do benefit me)

Angel of the Forums Kami Snowfoux Kuddler
* * * * * Member Since 2011-01-15
posté November 26, 2012, 23:25:45 | #5
Alchemist is a trivial profession to level and gather lots of resources already. This will help professions like lumberjack a lot though.

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2012-10-02
posté November 27, 2012, 00:54:02 | #6
I'm sure the Lumberjacks will be very happy about this'n.

Shrubs-Treebark (Aermine)
Subscriber Thrower of Barbrossa
* * Member Since 2012-09-28
posté November 27, 2012, 01:39:50 | #7
ooo! looks ..... i am speechless because , i don't know ...... I'M CONFUSED !!!!!! 

Former Subscriber Minotoror Tamer
* * * Member Since 2006-05-26
posté November 27, 2012, 12:34:10 | #8

Quote (lichen @ 26 November 2012 18:23) *
In the 2.9.0 update, we’re adding a new system for harvestable resources that will ease exploration. You already know the system that adds stars to group of monsters that are rarely attacked; well the same concept is now applied to resources!

How it works:
When a resource is available, it gets bonuses depending on the quality that can usually be harvested from resources of its type and the experience earned (for the related profession), and these bonuses increase the longer that the resource remains unharvested. Resources earn 4% bonus per hour; they reach 100%+ bonus on top of their original quantity and experience in 24 hours and about 200% in 48 hours. These bonuses can’t exceed 200%.

Bonuses for harvested quantities are simply added during the harvest; the harvester obtains basic resources and extra resources. The amount of the extra resources depends on the bonus that the resource had accumulated.

The minimum and maximum quantity that can be harvested by the character is displayed when a harvester hovers over a resource. The bonus is also displayed and is represented by stars (1 colored star represents 20% bonus, same as groups of monsters) and by the amount of resources obtained thanks to the bonuses.

When the character is harvesting, the amounts of resources earned are displayed in two figures that appear over the harvester’s head. The first number corresponds to basic amount of resources and the second number refers to bonus resources. In order to improve the readability of these quantities, we’ve slightly improved their display location. Now they start just above of the harvester’s head, instead of overlapping the character like before.

Experience bonuses for the related harvest profession are calculated in a very simple way: x% bonus on a resource gives x% extra profession experience during the harvest.

These harvesting bonuses are preserved between maintenances.

A slight change for cereal:
We’ve come to believe that cereals are respawning too quickly in general; a level 100 Farmer usually doesn’t have the time to harvest all the crops on a single field before the resources start respawning. This quick respawn time encourages players to choose a map and stay on it for their entire harvesting period, which we believe is regrettable. The time until cereals reappear is the shortest (150 seconds) among all other time of resource reappearance. We’ve thus decided to increase it to 600 seconds. But before you break your keyboard in half, we will reduce this respawn time if we find it to be too restrictive.

There are many farming maps in the game, and these fields often contain lots of resources. Such an accumulation of resources in the same place also pushes harvesters to stay on the same map and considerably reduces map readability.

Therefore, we’ve started to modify maps that contain big fields by reducing the number of cereals in order to make them “lighter”, easier to cross, more pleasant to contemplate, and faster to load.

For the update 2.9.0, we’ve started with Astrub Fields; you can go take a look at them and get an idea of what kind of modifications may be coming for other farming maps. This progressive change will allow us to see if these modifications are correctly balanced. The other fields will be changed gradually during other updates.

Don’t worry, we’re not planning on turning fields into tiny gardens that only contain a handful of crops; we’ll keep some maps with way more resources than others, but you should also prepare to see some maps that currently contain huge amounts of cereals looking a little more open.

Our goal isn’t to make harvesting cereal harder for the sake of simply making the profession more difficult, but to make it more meaningful and balanced. Reducing the quantities of cereals and increasing their time of reappearance is partly compensated by the introduction of the resource maturity system.

Objectives:
Our objectives for this change are quite simple:
  • Encourage people not to camp on the same map all the time to collect their resources or level up their profession.
  • Improve the value of resources present in small quantities on some maps (even these maps with smaller amounts of resources can still be interesting due to the maturity system).
  • Reward exploration and recon of areas that aren’t used by many people (such as “hidden” maps for example).
  • Distribute characters that collect resources over a higher number of different maps.

This system is already available on the test server and will be spread out over all servers with the update 2.9.0.

Click here
I absolutely adore you, now fishing will be fun!

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2006-10-09
posté November 27, 2012, 13:07:22 | #9
It's a very small boost to lumberjacks I think... just a month after I finally leveled it to 100 no less :-(.

There are very few common tree grounds where this will affect efficient harvesting because most of them get harvested at least once an hour, and certainly every 2 hours.

The better news is that it's a boost to Miners for those low an mid level resource bottle necks. Cobalt for example has a few mines that are slammed constantly, and a few that are almost completely ignored. Now there's an incentive to visit the ignored mines more and get extra value for doing so.

I still think they either need to change some recipe's or add more copper and more cobalt to the game though.

This post has been edited by AniMalle - November 27, 2012, 13:08:40.
Premier Puzzler Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2008-04-13
posté November 27, 2012, 13:37:55 | #10
As a profession junkie I'm looking forward to this. Although, I do share the general skepticism about some resources ever seeing a bonus. I guess you just got to get lucky with your timing.

In any case, I think this can only help and not harm.

This post has been edited by BluSkies - November 27, 2012, 13:38:35.
Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2010-04-19
posté November 28, 2012, 00:11:12 | #11
letting farmer alone right now(though i think 600 seconds a bit extreme showing the newfound lack of cereals) this will do absolutely nothing for Miners one ore no matter what size usually doesnt sit for more than a hour, it is so much of a cut-throat profession that the level 100 gatherers will take more for less,goodbye leveling it ( D': )

Subscriber Thrower of Barbrossa
* * Member Since 2012-01-04
posté November 28, 2012, 00:37:28 | #12

Quote (Mitisukai @ 27 November 2012 12:34) *
I absolutely adore you, now fishing will be fun!

Fishing will never really be fun with the current locations for fishing and the amount of tiles where fishes spawn. With this update it does increase the amount of fishes a fisherman can catch thus shortening the time for gathering desired amount of fishes, but occasionally due to the limited areas and tiles.

Compare fishing to farming, it's like less than 10 tiles school of fishes to a couple dozen tiles of cereal per area. "There are plenty of fishes in the sea" can be taken literally and is true in real-life fishing but in Dofus, unless you're a high level fisherman or lucky enough to enter many Protector fights, there's barely enough of good catches to rely on as healing items compared to Cooked Meat and Bread. Since it is true that cooked fishes are rarely ever used as healing items, then what in the world is there to encourage anyone new to take up the longest to level profession in Dofus? Just waiting for the luck of catching Kiye Gudgeons?

A good update for existing fishermen but nothing to add to spice up this profession making it worth taking up. A suggestion from reality fishing, perhaps will Ankama Devs ever consider implementing nets into the Fisherman profession!?

This post has been edited by GloomyBearS - November 28, 2012, 00:39:36.
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2012-04-03
posté November 28, 2012, 03:09:26 | #13
This will cost people kamas for the zap to get to the other places to farm. But I'm all good with this.

Thunder-Blast (Zatoishwan)
Subscriber Dragon Pig Pillager
* * * Member Since 2008-01-28
posté November 28, 2012, 06:00:59 | #14

Quote (AniMalle @ 27 November 2012 13:07) *
I still think they either need to change some recipe's or add more copper and more cobalt to the game though.
I agree there should be more copper on underground walls. Perhaps we could throw lots of ores inside dungeons also? For above-ground dungeons such as the Mastogob dungeon, there could be planters of edelweiss and several other flower and plant resources.

In general, my comment is thus: Thank you. Finally. +100. Epic. Amazing. Outstanding. Excellent.

But I have some suggestions: Add more trees and harvestable resources to the World of Twelve. It should be possible to gather Water (resource) from fresh water lakes and streams, not just from wells. If you add more trees to the game, they should be in both dense forests and like how they have been added to the Lousy Pig Plains, where Chestnut trees dot the landscape. But I really think that every biome in the game should have harvestable resources. If done properly, this would allow us gatherers to be more mobile, like Lichen said.

One more point: please shorten the respawn time for frosteez cereal.

Former Subscriber Moopet Master
* * Member Since 2010-09-30
posté November 28, 2012, 08:43:32 | #15
Yeah this is stupid. Farmer/baker already makes almost no money now since head hunter got removed (people don't need bread as much these days, true fact)

Only profession I could see this being good for is lumberjack for ash. The ash trees in incarnam will have crazy stars I bet.

But yeah everything else is cut throat like other have said, I used to run 4 lvl 100 miners at same time to camp cobalt and copper spawns.

And jelly peninsula walnut/oak/chestnut is a breeding ground for hatred amongst levelling lumberjacks and level 100 lumberjacks.

Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2011-12-11
posté November 29, 2012, 12:02:02 | #16
Nice i will know how much i will reap wheat... and other

Former Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2010-12-05
posté November 29, 2012, 17:17:09 | #17

Quote (GreaterBreadCompany @ 28 November 2012 08:43) *
Yeah this is stupid. Farmer/baker already makes almost no money now since head hunter got removed (people don't need bread as much these days, true fact)

Only profession I could see this being good for is lumberjack for ash. The ash trees in incarnam will have crazy stars I bet.

But yeah everything else is cut throat like other have said, I used to run 4 lvl 100 miners at same time to camp cobalt and copper spawns.

And jelly peninsula walnut/oak/chestnut is a breeding ground for hatred amongst levelling lumberjacks and level 100 lumberjacks.
As someone who has Farmer/Baker as well as high level lumberjack, I agree with this fully. It is quite sad that the only decent supply off walnut is in that area. At least Oak wood is spread out a little more (but not much).

Quote (Liquid-Flame @ 28 November 2012 06:00) *

Quote (AniMalle @ 27 November 2012 13:07) *
I agree there should be more copper on underground walls. Perhaps we could throw lots of ores inside dungeons also? For above-ground dungeons such as the Mastogob dungeon, there could be planters of edelweiss and several other flower and plant resources.

In general, my comment is thus: Thank you. Finally. +100. Epic. Amazing. Outstanding. Excellent.

But I have some suggestions: Add more trees and harvestable resources to the World of Twelve. It should be possible to gather Water (resource) from fresh water lakes and streams, not just from wells. If you add more trees to the game, they should be in both dense forests and like how they have been added to the Lousy Pig Plains, where Chestnut trees dot the landscape. But I really think that every biome in the game should have harvestable resources. If done properly, this would allow us gatherers to be more mobile, like Lichen said.

One more point: please shorten the respawn time for frosteez cereal.

As someone who just picked up mining profession again, I have to say it is the most frustrating out of all of the ones I have done, simply because of the high level miners who do 'camp out' and clean out a single mine before moving onto the next. By the time they are done cleaning out all the mines (and if you are lucky enough to pick up the scraps) they come back to the first one just in time for respawning and it starts all over again. The only upside is that everyone seems to forget bronze most of the time but good luck getting copper and cobalt.  

Dark-Xelvi (Solar)
Kinky
Subscriber Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2009-05-28
posté November 30, 2012, 21:27:57 | #18
if u really want to do something good for low level economy is dofus, pls make it so that kolo doesnt heal u after fight. let it be the same way it used to be in headhunter. at least that ll let the rich shed some cash and the poor to get some money.

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-06-19
posté December 11, 2012, 17:22:32 | #19
Well, this is very bad for the starting players the gather kamas via farming/baking, this helps every other profession but farming!

actually penalizes farming alot! :/

The-Leprechaun (Zatoishwan)
Rise
Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2011-09-09
posté December 14, 2012, 17:57:54 | #20

Quote (TrinityThief @ 29 November 2012 17:17) *
As someone who just picked up mining profession again, I have to say it is the most frustrating out of all of the ones I have done, simply because of the high level miners who do 'camp out' and clean out a single mine before moving onto the next. By the time they are done cleaning out all the mines (and if you are lucky enough to pick up the scraps) they come back to the first one just in time for respawning and it starts all over again. The only upside is that everyone seems to forget bronze most of the time but good luck getting copper and cobalt.

this is true. although i find if u wear 'noob' gear ( mainly adv set) and ask, the high levels tend to leave the ores for u. or maybe there just super friendly on zato

Subscriber Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2006-01-29
posté December 17, 2012, 01:38:57 | #21
I do not understand this my lumberjack cut down a 200% maple and only got 30 exp :c.

Thunder-Blast (Zatoishwan)
Subscriber Dragon Pig Pillager
* * * Member Since 2008-01-28
posté December 28, 2012, 03:20:05 | #22

Quote (bananamonkey @ 17 December 2012 01:38) *
I do not understand this my lumberjack cut down a 200% maple and only got 30 exp :c.
Yes, I just came onto the forum to say that my lumberjack cut down a 6 or 7 star chestnut tree and only got the regular amount of experience.

This is probably a bug: the experience gain from trees is not improved at all by this maturing resources system.

Former Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2011-10-18
posté January 18, 2013, 00:25:31 | #23
cool

F2P Member Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2013-01-15
posté January 18, 2013, 00:40:22 | #24
We need a new proffesion o-o

battler (Rushu)
Einherjar
Former Subscriber Gobkool Shearer
* * Member Since 2007-02-10
posté January 18, 2013, 00:47:51 | #25

Quote (Liquid-Flame @ 28 December 2012 03:20) *

Quote (bananamonkey @ 17 December 2012 01:38) *
Yes, I just came onto the forum to say that my lumberjack cut down a 6 or 7 star chestnut tree and only got the regular amount of experience.

This is probably a bug: the experience gain from trees is not improved at all by this maturing resources system.
I'm actually having the same problem with fisher, I get the normal experience when I harvest starred fish mobs.

Monsieur le Traducteur * Member Since 2009-04-27
posté January 18, 2013, 00:56:34 | #26
Known bug:
The resource maturity system does not generate additional experience for professions.

Click here

This post has been edited by Muniamx - January 18, 2013, 00:56:56.