Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

The Achievement System
Former Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2008-05-18
posté December 08, 2012, 01:38:31 | #51
Can you give us an idea of what kind of reward we will get for achievments. I mean like whats the maximum kama reward for an achievment.

F2P Member Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2012-09-11
posté December 08, 2012, 01:57:12 | #52
I'm surprised no one's asked this question:
On otomai island, some of the quests involve killing XYZ monsters. Because most of those quests are one-offs, would having those quests completed validate the "kill XYZ" quests related to those monsters?

* Member Since 2011-04-25
posté December 08, 2012, 07:55:52 | #53
Oh no.......looks like i'll have to breed another thousand dragoturkeys for that achievement now......

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-02-01
posté December 08, 2012, 10:58:23 | #54

Quote (Digitized @ 08 December 2012 01:57) *
I'm surprised no one's asked this question:
On otomai island, some of the quests involve killing XYZ monsters. Because most of those quests are one-offs, would having those quests completed validate the "kill XYZ" quests related to those monsters?
No, they don't because the achievements have a catch: You need to complete a challenge while defeating the monsters otherwise they aren't ticked off for the achievement.

Nayomi (Zatoishwan)
Permanent
Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-10-23
posté December 10, 2012, 17:41:27 | #55
achievemnts for professions... i have 4 accounts, and 8 chars among them, on each account one for playing and one for additional profession... so, my first account is osa alchemist, farmer, baker 100 and on that same account is enu axe, dagger, hammer lvl 100 smith and magus... but he is only for crafting, lvl 10 char without equipment... and on other 3 account same way..

my concern is that in achievements part, i hope that my enus crafters wont have like 100% and my main characters with "gathering profs" will not be able to hit 100% becouse of mage or smth! as i will have all professions 100 some day (for now axe, dagger, hammer, bow, staff, wand, alch, farmer, baker, miner, lumberjack, handyman are all 100 + maguses 100), i hope i didn't do last half of year for nothing!!!!!!

Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2008-11-23
posté December 11, 2012, 22:58:13 | #56
HI i couldn't write this in forums so here i go. Today i downloaded the new 2.9 verison of dofus and after the download was finished, i clicked play and adobe popped up. I then clicked agreed, after that nothing happened. I tried this for 10 times and nothing happens just the same thing over and over. Please I really need help i just got full member yesterday so please i really need to get going on it.

This post has been edited by draganballz - December 11, 2012, 23:42:35.
Naruto (Rushu)
Wanderlust
Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2008-10-20
posté December 12, 2012, 13:21:30 | #57

Quote (draganballz @ 11 December 2012 22:58) *
HI i couldn't write this in forums so here i go. Today i downloaded the new 2.9 verison of dofus and after the download was finished, i clicked play and adobe popped up. I then clicked agreed, after that nothing happened. I tried this for 10 times and nothing happens just the same thing over and over. Please I really need help i just got full member yesterday so please i really need to get going on it.
Should be in problems and solutions not sure if you meant couldn't write in there but oh wells anyway if your referring to the adobe air message I had the same thing happened to me had to uninstall the game and do a fresh install I know it's a pain with the updates but you gotta do what you gotta do

This post has been edited by hackerscangodie - December 12, 2012, 13:24:11.
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-02-04
posté December 12, 2012, 15:57:42 | #58
Well. first of all - devs did a really good job, and the game looks like much more than it was before. Thank you all!

But a little question, I promise, fairly little - are all the achievements, in fact, achievable?
Because all those "kill the Kralove/Moon/all other high-level boss in one turn/ or with 2 characters".. are a bit... how do I say... unrealistic? ^^'

I admit, I might not know something about the game, that other players do. Just wanted to clear out this issue.

Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2008-11-23
posté December 12, 2012, 23:23:13 | #59

Quote (hackerscangodie @ 12 December 2012 13:21) *

Quote (draganballz @ 11 December 2012 22:58) *
Should be in problems and solutions not sure if you meant couldn't write in there but oh wells anyway if your referring to the adobe air message I had the same thing happened to me had to uninstall the game and do a fresh install I know it's a pain with the updates but you gotta do what you gotta do
yea i did reinstall everything from dofus folder and everything is still the same  

Killing-paris (Rosal)
* Member Since 2012-06-06
posté December 13, 2012, 01:34:53 | #60

Quote (mori-ann @ 12 December 2012 15:57) *
Well. first of all - devs did a really good job, and the game looks like much more than it was before. Thank you all!

But a little question, I promise, fairly little - are all the achievements, in fact, achievable?
Because all those "kill the Kralove/Moon/all other high-level boss in one turn/ or with 2 characters".. are a bit... how do I say... unrealistic? ^^'

I admit, I might not know something about the game, that other players do. Just wanted to clear out this issue.

If you think about it, an achievement system isn't designed so that everyone is able to get every achievement. The idea being that only people who are ridiculously committed (i.e. with 12/6 crazy overmaged sets, have run every dungeon, etc.) are going to be able to get every single achievement. To draw an analogy, kind of like people on CoD who have every golden gun unlocked.

They may seem impossible, but I'm quite sure there will be many hardcore players within the french community at least who will be able to get them. If not, the devs will probably end up changing them.

Thunder-Blast (Zatoishwan)
Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2008-01-28
posté December 13, 2012, 02:51:41 | #61
Izmar, I just submitted a bug report, ticket CEK-484877, to report that the Wabbit Tunnels exploration achievement is impossible because the player can never enter the "Wabbit Tunnels" area, even though they enter every tunnel on Wabbit Island. Therefore, this achievement is impossible to fulfill. I've been wandering around Wabbit Island for several hours now, in and out of various tunnels and even through the first room of Wabbit Castle and I paid a short visit to Wob who resides in the Wabbit Tunnels, and my coordinates never displayed the phrase "Wabbit Tunnels".

Until this is fixed, my exploration initiative will ever remain 2 quests short of Wabbit buckteeth... *toothless grin*

Former Subscriber Pandora Opener
* * * * Member Since 2009-04-12
posté December 13, 2012, 03:04:30 | #62

Quote (Liquid-Flame @ 13 December 2012 02:51) *
Izmar, I just submitted a bug report, ticket CEK-484877, to report that the Wabbit Tunnels exploration achievement is impossible because the player can never enter the "Wabbit Tunnels" area, even though they enter every tunnel on Wabbit Island. Therefore, this achievement is impossible to fulfill. I've been wandering around Wabbit Island for several hours now, in and out of various tunnels and even through the first room of Wabbit Castle and I paid a short visit to Wob who resides in the Wabbit Tunnels, and my coordinates never displayed the phrase "Wabbit Tunnels".

Until this is fixed, my exploration initiative will ever remain 2 quests short of Wabbit buckteeth... *toothless grin*
I remember reading something on Impsvillage that said the Tunnel area is near the GM Wabbit. I have no experience with this myself and can therefore not confirm it.

Thunder-Blast (Zatoishwan)
Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2008-01-28
posté December 13, 2012, 15:00:07 | #63

Quote (Giga-Biga-Bowser @ 13 December 2012 03:04) *

Quote (Liquid-Flame @ 13 December 2012 02:51) *

I remember reading something on Impsvillage that said the Tunnel area is near the GM Wabbit. I have no experience with this myself and can therefore not confirm it.
How about Otomai's Ark? I'm standing right in front of Otomai, and nada.

EDIT: Ah, wait, it means the ark in the swamp, doesn't it. Wow.

And the Wabbit Tunnels:

This post has been edited by Liquid-Flame - December 13, 2012, 16:30:52.
posté December 14, 2012, 01:17:24 | #64
So it's all solved then? There was no actual bug? Just actual challenging achievements.  

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-07-21
posté January 14, 2013, 06:12:31 | #65
I have done the field dungeon achievements, both boxes are ticked but I didn't get any experience, kamas or the items from it. Can some one help me?

posté January 14, 2013, 06:57:32 | #66

Quote (duckiess @ 14 January 2013 06:12) *
I have done the field dungeon achievements, both boxes are ticked but I didn't get any experience, kamas or the items from it. Can some one help me?
It's a glitch, usually solved by relogging.

* Member Since 2011-12-05
posté January 17, 2013, 16:24:57 | #67
it would be nice to hear about frigost episode 3, we have not had any updates or any information on it in a good year. but over all a good updates and it contains for very useful things. as well as the expected un-needed nerfs *smacks ankama with a nerf stick*
XD would be nice to have a reply that gives information on the episode three exception date. thanks Mrblack.

* Member Since 2006-08-24
posté January 17, 2013, 17:26:05 | #68
The Achievement system is really cool. I like to gather the points and obtain the titles and ornaments. But one Achievement is really driving me crazy.
It is the ARACHNID.

Is Ankama really serious? I am subscriber since 2006 and i never ever faced this monster because always when i come to 11,8, there are bunch of people waiting for it.

I thought creators want us to have much fun by improving the game and adding new stuff and not sitting at map with people and have mouse and forefinger ready 24/7 -.-

Or should i spend some ogrines to transfer my char to dead server where will be less people, finish it and come back?

Kickback (Zatoishwan)
Essence
Forum Monster Klime Scalper
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-05-19
posté January 17, 2013, 17:29:51 | #69

Quote (zastavka @ 17 January 2013 17:26) *
The Achievement system is really cool. I like to gather the points and obtain the titles and ornaments. But one Achievement is really driving me crazy.
It is the ARACHNID.

Is Ankama really serious? I am subscriber since 2006 and i never ever faced this monster because always when i come to 11,8, there are bunch of people waiting for it.

I thought creators want us to have much fun by improving the game and adding new stuff and not sitting at map with people and have mouse and forefinger ready 24/7 -.-

Or should i spend some ogrines to transfer my char to dead server where will be less people, finish it and come back?
If you're that hellbent on completing every achievement then I don't think sitting and waiting for a spider to spawn is that big of a deal. I did it 3 times on Rosal years ago.

This post has been edited by Alyss-Sin - January 17, 2013, 17:36:11.
* Member Since 2006-08-24
posté January 22, 2013, 09:35:26 | #70
Yes i am so hellbent xD

Probably you are very lucky or you played at time when most of people sleep. I believe i could have better chance between 1 am and 9 am gmt +1.
*sigh*

battler (Rushu)
Einherjar
Former Subscriber Gobkool Shearer
* * Member Since 2007-02-10
posté January 22, 2013, 10:49:10 | #71
You also try to team up with someone who's already waiting there. Since some change it's possible to enter the fight with 8.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2009-01-08
posté January 28, 2013, 18:15:47 | #72
The value of the boss monsters drops are dropping pffff >

Poukhram (Raval)
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-08-01
posté January 29, 2013, 19:41:38 | #73
I'm pleasantly surprised by the achievements. They give a new interest in the game

Subscriber Kitsou Beater
* * Member Since 2008-05-23
posté January 29, 2013, 22:00:22 | #74

Quote (surinaamsekeven @ 28 January 2013 18:15) *
The value of the boss monsters drops are dropping pffff >
I felt this before but I think that actually the achievements provide more insentive for people to do these boss monsters. It also gives people who aren't able to do run after run of the "epic-level dungeons" a chance to get the items to craft the sets that require them. Admittedly the slightly harder to drop items from the mid-level range of bosses are going to initially drop in value but there will reach a point when not so many people are getting these easier ones as they've done these achievements and they will go up. Take it from me running the same thing repeatedly is dull, and a purpose of these achievements is to remove that necessity to get certain things.

But aside from that, I personally feel that the titles and ornaments side are a great touch and it also gives that bit of inspiration for some of the more mundane tasks *cough astrub quests cough*

--Ex--

Former Subscriber Thrower of Barbrossa
* * Member Since 2005-12-12
posté May 03, 2013, 06:16:48 | #75
Interesting ... %su%

Loving (Solar)
Compassion
* Member Since 2009-07-16
posté May 10, 2013, 17:23:47 | #76
Are they gonna add more achievemnts in the future exept for the ones withe events ?

Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2007-12-01
posté May 20, 2013, 01:04:16 | #77
Disruptive intruders achievement is broke >.< I completed the quest fight club, bet 5,000, won and finished, but it's not showing up...nor does it say I completed it on the frig achievements list...so Im assuming the 5,10,and 50 achievements+ titles wont work for now either?

here it says...

Quest finished: [Fight Club]
You have gained 364,825 experience points.
You have gained 10995 kamas.

Oh and wiki is wrong, it says bet nothing and fight a skrat, bet 5,000 and fight a dozer...I bet 5 and still fought a skrat o.O

Annnnnd nevermind, if this happens to anyone else, jsut clear the dofus cache (the first one that does a partial clear, not the full cache clear) and when it restarts the cheevo and title will pop :p

Unofficial Forum Answer Bot Count Harebourg Clocker
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté May 20, 2013, 03:26:31 | #78

Quote (Akinyemi @ 20 May 2013 01:04) *
Disruptive intruders achievement is broke >.< I completed the quest fight club, bet 5,000, won and finished, but it's not showing up...nor does it say I completed it on the frig achievements list...so Im assuming the 5,10,and 50 achievements+ titles wont work for now either?

here it says...

Quest finished: [Fight Club]
You have gained 364,825 experience points.
You have gained 10995 kamas.

Oh and wiki is wrong, it says bet nothing and fight a skrat, bet 5,000 and fight a dozer...I bet 5 and still fought a skrat o.O

Annnnnd nevermind, if this happens to anyone else, jsut clear the dofus cache (the first one that does a partial clear, not the full cache clear) and when it restarts the cheevo and title will pop :p
Generally, simply re-logging will give you the achievement. You don't need to clear your cache for that.