Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Krosmaster Arena in DOFUS
Community Manager Celestial Bearbarian Basher
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-10-19
posté October 26, 2012, 18:53:10 | #1
Krosmaster Arena in DOFUS For several weeks now, we’ve been teasing and talking about the new DOFUS expansion, Krosmaster. Thanks to news and videos, you’ve discovered the basics of figurine battles that you’ll experience in both DOFUS and WAKFU. Yet, one aspect of this expansion hasn’t been developed, its integration in DOFUS. How will you be able to access these figurine battles? What will be the reward? Let’s find out together!

The Krosmaster HQ

Obtaining the figurines in game

With the launch of the expansion, all players will start with the same 4 figurines. Then, you’ll get to complete your collection. All the figurines – the Krosmasters – can be obtained in game for free, simply by playing DOFUS.

We’ve integrated a new in-game gift item, the Krosbox, which is a box that contains a random Krosmaster. You’ll only discover what you get when you open it.

A Krosbox

The figurines have different power and degree of rarity. The probability of obtaining each figurine is different. When you open a Krosbox, you can either get a common, rare, or legendary figurine. Also, this may seem obvious, but it bears saying that you’re more likely to get a common figurine than a legendary one.

There are several ways to get these Krosboxes in DOFUS:

DROP

All players will obtain a Krosbox one day or another after a battle, even if they don’t try to. Krosboxes can be dropped by all monsters since they were added to the list of generic loots, like ethereal weapons or guildologems.

However, the likelihood of obtaining these Krosboxes depends on the level of the monsters you fight; high level monsters drop them more easily.

So you won’t have to change your habits to complete your Krosmaster collection, the figurines will come to you!

TOKENS

If you’re the type who doesn’t like to wait around, we do have a way for you to skip farming monsters to get figurines for your team! You’ll have the possibility to trade Doploons or Kolossokens for figurines. Dopple lovers and Kolizeum aficionados will have a chance to take advantage of the tokens they’ll have saved in order to complete their figurine collection quickly, if that’s what they want.

THE QUEST

Starting with the 2.9 update, a NPC located in the Krosmaster house, in [5, 3] will offer you a daily repeatable quest. You’ll have the opportunity to win one Krosbox per day, in addition to kamas and experience indexed to you level.

Using the figurines in game

Once you’ve opened your Krosboxes and redeemed the prizes inside, you can of course send those figurines to your Krosmaster collection. And there’s nothing easier: you just need to double click on the figurine icon to add it to your collection (and if you change your mind, you can send the figurine back to your inventory at any time). You can then use them to fight other players.

This system also gave rise to several possibilities: someone might get a duplicate of a figurine but might not want to trade or sell their figurines, or there could be players who have already collected all the figurines, or some players simply might not be interested in Krosmaster battles.

For these players, we wanted to offer alternatives to avoid duplicated figurines.

THE FLORISHING FIGURINE MARKET

As we said before, the figurines have different levels of rarity, and so their prices will differ as well. We couldn’t integrate a new functionality and collection system without also integrating it in DOFUS’s economic system.

A marketplace has been added in the Krosmaster House to allow players to sell and buy figurines and Krosboxes. Of course, it will also be possible to directly meet with other players to exchange figurines.

WHAT DO WE DO WITH THEM?

It is thus possible to exchange Krosboxes and figurines for Krokens (a new currency) with Krozette in the Krosmaster House. A figurine costs 1 Kroken, but a seller will earn 2 Krokens for a Krosbox (because of the risk of giving up a rare or legendary figurine).

With Krokens, you can buy 2 types of objects – characteristic parchment and Krosboxes:
  • Small parchment: 2 Krokens
  • Parchment: 6 Krokens
  • Large parchment: 14 Krokens
  • Powerful parchment: 34 Krokens
  • Krosbox: 4 Krokens.
Thanks to the Kroken shop, all types of players can be satisfied:
  • Players who want to complete their Krosmaster collection can benefit from their duplicated figurines by selling them for Krokens, in order to buy new Krosboxes and maybe get figurines they don’t already own.
  • Players who are not interested in Krosmaster battles, or who have already completed their collection can redeem their Krosboxes directly and earn twice as many Krokens that they can use to buy characteristic parchments.
  • Merchant players can open all their Krosboxes, exchange the common figurines for Krokens, and keep the rare and legendary ones to make money out of them in the Auction House.

An incomplete collection.

Rewards for the participants

So far, we’ve talked about what benefits this expansion has for players before they’ve ever participate in a figurine battle. Now, let’s change gears and discover what future duelists can win.

"In your face! In your FACE! My Krosmasters pwn, yours are fail!

Like the Kolizeum, the best Krosmaster players will be ranked in a ladder. The best players on this ladder will have regular opportunities to receive a special type of gift: Krozs.

Krozs are a new currency dedicated to the Krosmoz. It is a currency that both DOFUS and WAKFU have in common for Krosmaster, and which can be used in a boutique accessible to both games. This boutique will offer exclusive and powerful rewards that players can redeem in one or both MMORPGs.

THE KROZ SEASON

We will divide the year into several Krosmaster seasons that will last for about three months each. During these three months, players will fight each other, climb the ladder and perfect their tactics.

At the end of each season, we’ll select the ladder’s best players and they’ll receive an amount of Krozs indexed to their position on the ladder.

In addition to these seasonal rewards, we work on other opportunities for winning Krozs on a more regular basis; through tournaments, for example.

SPENDING YOUR KROZ

In this Krosmoz boutique, among other things and as regards to DOFUS, you’ll find the following gifts:

• 2 new petmounts
    • The Boarhog, who will make crafters and merchants happy.
    • The Razorbuck, the ideal companion of belligerent types.
  • 12 new cosmetic items of level 50-60.
  • A set composed of 4 items of level 100 approximately.
  • 5 new emotes:

• Fist
    • Thumb nose
    • Hand rubbing
    • Draw attention
    • Silence
    • Characteristic parchments

Final Note

And now you know the long and short of it! With all of this, you’re well prepared and won’t find yourself unarmed when the Krosboxes make their entrance in your inventory. It’s up to you to take control over your figurines and make your way through the top of the Krosmaster champions’ ladder, or use those figurines' value on the market to flex your mercantile skills!

Read this article on the devblog site
    •  

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-09-09
posté October 26, 2012, 19:29:19 | #2
When will this expansion be released, I wonder? Any approximate release date?

F2P Member Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2010-02-17
posté October 26, 2012, 19:55:10 | #3
Thanks for update Izmar! funny post xD...yea...after saw this feature and few others in the near future i think im coming back to dofus and wakfu :3

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2011-04-03
posté October 26, 2012, 23:35:12 | #4
when will krosmaster be relesed ... i remember reading somewhere before the end of 2012

F2P Member Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2012-09-11
posté October 26, 2012, 23:36:23 | #5
Huh. Cant get spellpoint scrolls here either. Go figure. :/

Mishna (Solar)
Team America
Angel of the Forums Buck Anear Sinker
* * * * * Member Since 2011-01-15
posté October 26, 2012, 23:39:24 | #6
Can spell point scrolls please be included in the rewards obtainable via Krosmaster? It is literally impossible for me to get spell point scrolls now because kolossium fights take forever to get, and I am very overrated at the moment and haven't won a fight in weeks.

F2P Member Larva
* Member Since 2012-09-23
posté October 27, 2012, 15:22:20 | #7
But sadly, only subscribers willl ever be able to touch this idea

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2012-10-02
posté October 27, 2012, 15:56:25 | #8

Quote (stunkill4 @ 27 October 2012 15:22) *

I fail to see how this is sad over obvious and fair.

Perhaps you should consider subscribing. If you love the game, you'd do it!

F2P Member Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2012-09-11
posté October 28, 2012, 10:48:31 | #9

Quote (stunkill4 @ 27 October 2012 15:22) *
Dofus isnt like other "free" games. In fact, it isnt a free game at all. Without subscribing, you're extremely limited to very few activities. It's not sad that you wont be able to do krosmaster. It's an incentive for you to subscribe. 

This post has been edited by Digitized - October 28, 2012, 10:48:43.
Aurameroz (Rushu)
Brakmarian Knights
Subscriber Bworkette Lover
* * * Member Since 2008-02-05
posté October 29, 2012, 17:57:33 | #10
sweet!!!

greetzzz

~Aura

Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2011-12-22
posté October 30, 2012, 02:58:27 | #11
Lol this looks like something for 6 year olds... >

Azula (Rosal)
Platinum
Former Subscriber Kaniger Hunter
* * * Member Since 2009-05-30
posté November 04, 2012, 14:16:28 | #12
If Im correct Izmar stated that there will be located a NPC with the release of 2.9. (Theres your answer to when it will be released).

-Yen.

PS: Correct me if I'm wrong

Fonissa (Solar)
Eternal Legends
Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2009-02-18
posté November 11, 2012, 12:52:30 | #13
So there's no reward for winning 1,2,5,10 fight? Do you have to be the best to get a reward?
I've read about kros arena and I think the fighting system is really interesting. But there should be rewards for all players and not only for the best ones of each server (not to metion that I'm not really sure that this would work ok as my account has atm 0 kolossium score when I actually have ~1900 and I appear nowhere in the ladder though I have ladder selected on my options). Last but not least, I believe that you can find more rewards to give. For endgame players, only petmounts sound nice but they can also turn to a failure according to stats (what's more, how many petmounts will we need?).

Kros arena, great idea but work a bit more on reward system please.

Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2011-07-02
posté November 24, 2012, 20:48:26 | #14
So this game is for those who are rich and can afford everything right when the game comes out and buys all the figurines -.-. well i will still try it.

Former Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2012-09-09
posté November 25, 2012, 13:38:55 | #15
More ways to get scrolls. Good!

Former Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2012-11-09
posté December 03, 2012, 12:25:19 | #16
Petsmounts! ♥

Former Subscriber Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2006-07-11
posté December 07, 2012, 01:01:24 | #17
I really like this game, and I really like Gobbowl. I wish there was an in game version of Gobbowl as well. They're both wonderful in that you sort of start from step 1 each match.

More so, I REALLY wish there was/will be a tablet (Android/iProduct) version of these mini games. make tournaments Ogrins based events (like Gobbowl) OR for P2P accounts. have tournaments more often! these are quick games with a huge global account population. have some Minigame rewards to keep the hook in. Keep the Dofus (Wakfu?) rewards for P@P folk (to prevent abuse).

These games on a mobile platforms [c/w]ould bring in new players to both games.

*hic*

Back to the work holiday party.

Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2006-10-25
posté December 08, 2012, 05:16:00 | #18
Love it. Can't wait.
This would be amazing to have ported to the phone, would love to play this on my way to work.

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2011-12-10
posté December 11, 2012, 14:05:22 | #19
but uhm the maintenance is finished but ive redoanloaded dofus and tried alot of things but how can i play? everytime i login it won't work ,so uhm where can i download 2.9?

plz answer fast cause i'd really love to play n.n

Duos-Bandaid (Rosal)
Hakuna-Matata
Premier Puzzler Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2008-04-13
posté December 12, 2012, 00:02:02 | #20

Quote (Izmar @ 26 October 2012 18:53) *
THE QUEST

Starting with the 2.9 update, a NPC located in the Krosmaster house, in [5, 3] will offer you a daily repeatable quest. You’ll have the opportunity to win one Krosbox per day, in addition to kamas and experience indexed to you level.

Using the figurines in game
Once you’ve opened your Krosboxes and redeemed the prizes inside, you can of course send those figurines to your Krosmaster collection. And there’s nothing easier: you just need to double click on the figurine icon to add it to your collection (and if you change your mind, you can send the figurine back to your inventory at any time). You can then use them to fight other players.

This system also gave rise to several possibilities: someone might get a duplicate of a figurine but might not want to trade or sell their figurines, or there could be players who have already collected all the figurines, or some players simply might not be interested in Krosmaster battles.

For these players, we wanted to offer alternatives to avoid duplicated figurines.

So I have a really dumb question. Maybe I'm missing something :x Forgive me if the answer is blatantly obvious but I'm just failing to see it.

I have not been able to figure out how to get the quest that gives you one krosbox per day. I've talked to both NPCs at the Krosmaster house but no luck. The only quest I did manage to get gives the reward of one token per day. I don't really want to spend 1k doploons on a droppable box so I'd love to do this quest. Can anyone help me out xD?

Alardun (Solar)
Fortune Five Hundred
Monsieur le Traducteur * Member Since 2009-04-27
posté December 12, 2012, 00:45:02 | #21
The quest has been changed to 1 token down from 1 box late in the beta.

Working as intended.

(Source: Click here

Cedrikehl (Rushu)
Pokemon
Former Subscriber Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2005-12-07
posté December 12, 2012, 15:25:01 | #22
I have won 11 games between yesterday and today and I didn't get any Token for the quest.
Are we supposed to wait for a certain time of the day like with koloseum rewards?

Duos-Bandaid (Rosal)
Hakuna-Matata
Premier Puzzler Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2008-04-13
posté December 12, 2012, 15:31:52 | #23

Quote (Muniamx @ 12 December 2012 00:45) *
The quest has been changed to 1 token down from 1 box late in the beta.

Working as intended.

(Source: Click here

Thank you for letting me know, glad to hear I'm not just losing it xD

Quote (NicoMX @ 12 December 2012 15:25) *
I have won 11 games between yesterday and today and I didn't get any Token for the quest.
Are we supposed to wait for a certain time of the day like with koloseum rewards?

This, I'm also having the same issue, I won a match on both days but no reward on either day and talking to the npc does nothing.

Blood (Zatoishwan)
Dusk
Vice-President of Smack Talk Mufafah Rider
* * Member Since 2010-05-10
posté December 12, 2012, 17:24:43 | #24
I don't even understand what's happening with the GG points. I am obviously about to win the match, no characters are dead yet but me and my opponent randomly lose GG for no reason. It's just pointless, mostly just luck to win. Sucks.

Alardun (Solar)
Fortune Five Hundred
Monsieur le Traducteur * Member Since 2009-04-27
posté December 12, 2012, 17:29:40 | #25

Quote (CloudyMind @ 12 December 2012 17:24) *
I don't even understand what's happening with the GG points. I am obviously about to win the match, no characters are dead yet but me and my opponent randomly lose GG for no reason. It's just pointless, mostly just luck to win. Sucks.

If you paid attention during the Tutorial, every time the "bonus dices" are the same, both players loses 1 GG.

Also, unless both players are sitting at the same amount of GG, "buying" a GG seems to steal a GG from the opponent instead.

It's fairly easy to win with that, and it's probably a mechanism to avoid stalemate / long match. Might be a bit too powerful, though.

This post has been edited by Muniamx - December 12, 2012, 17:33:09.
Blood (Zatoishwan)
Dusk
Vice-President of Smack Talk Mufafah Rider
* * Member Since 2010-05-10
posté December 12, 2012, 17:46:40 | #26
I'd rather just outplay my opponent than wait for lucky dice rolls. But, hey, thanks for telling me. At least now i am aware of what is going on :p

This post has been edited by CloudyMind - December 12, 2012, 17:48:56.
Flippineck (Shika)
My guild rewards me
Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2007-09-30
posté December 12, 2012, 19:00:38 | #27
I have the same problem. Played it online and in game. Won 5/5. No rewards have appeared.

Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2012-05-03
posté December 15, 2012, 09:37:16 | #28
i have won more than 1 time but the quest does not update itself i am tired of this bug

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-02-05
posté December 16, 2012, 03:06:41 | #29
I have the same problem with the quest: I won matches yesterday and no quest update.

You'd think after a few days of having this problem reported, the issue would be addressed to some degree.

It would be very helpful for the community to know if the developers are at least aware of the problem.

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2010-01-27
posté December 21, 2012, 02:17:45 | #30
the quest is for player from lvl 1-20? ...you kiddin me right?

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 17, 2013, 23:46:05 | #31
quest don't work =(

Thwinky-Ann (Farle)
Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-11-02
posté October 24, 2013, 20:37:14 | #32
Reloucpseudo

Zalmoxis-sanger (Solar)
Brakmarian-Rose
Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2011-03-11
posté March 04, 2014, 22:04:43 | #33
Is there way to know if goultard drops from boxes in dofus? what the drop rate is?