Back to forum.dofus.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics.
Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

The Secrets of the Almanax
Community Manager Klime Buttonholer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-10-19
posté August 30, 2012, 14:58:04 | #1
The Secrets of the Almanax

The Almanax is a new feature included in version 2.8. Its objective: offer recurring content, give players the opportunity to break dull habit with daily events... and introduce a new Dofus to the game!

Almanax

Origins of the Almanax

During his extensive studies, the famous Magus Ax encountered one big question: the months have their Protectors, the hours are associated with Demons. But who watches over the days of the year?

During an astral journey, the Magus finally found an answer to his question. Guardians of the days exist indeed: they're the Meridia, minor gods appointed by Xelor himself!

Always eager to spread knowledge, Magus Ax decided to reveal the existence of these divinities to the world. He gathered his notes and started writing the greatest book of all time: the Almanax.

Principles of the Almanax

The Almanax is based on the same design as a traditional almanac: a calendar in book form. It illustrates the different days of the year and their associated themes, anecdotes, various traditions... The World of Twelve and the Krosmoz are full of legends and heroes. There are a lot of stories to tell!

If the calendar is like a novel, with its yearly saga as the thread linking all these elements together, then the Meridia are the main characters of the Almanax. Each of these minor gods is associated with an attribute. Fragility, surprise, sense of direction, to name a few examples... Each Meridia's attribute will be unveiled throughout the year.

The Keepers of the Days and their personalities are closely linked to the content offered by the Almanax. The power and attributes of a Meridia influences its affiliated day: that's what's known as the Meridian effect.

That's nice, but how does it work?

A day's Meridian effect translates into the game as a bonus and a quest of offering, which is active for the duration of one day. They are reset at midnight (game time).

The daily bonus can come in the form of various advantages: it can be an XP bonus in a specific geographical area, a profession bonus to the quality of crafted items, increased challenge bonuses in a particular dungeon, a bonus to the amount of harvested resources... we defined 20 different types of bonuses that will be available in different variations and strengths and distributed over the year. Some bonuses affect characters of all levels, while others are designed for characters of a certain level range.

The quest of offering can be accomplished by characters who are level 10 and up. It's possible to complete each day's quest once a year and then repeat that same day's quest again the following year.

Almanax

Brigitte always remembers to bring her offering to the temple every day!

To start the quest of offering, simply talk to the NPC Antyklime Ax, who can be found at the Almanax' sanctuary (also called the Bibliotemple) which lies north-west of Astrub. For busy travellers, a brand new Zaap is added near the sanctuary in version 2.8. It is even possible to teleport there directly thanks to a new potion made by alchemists.

Almanax

The Sanctuary isn't hard to find!

The quest asks that supplicants bring a certain resource or crafted object to the Bibliotemple in varying quantities. This offering is not a quest item and most of the time it will remain available throughout the year. It can be acquired by killing monsters, using the services of a craftsman or via trade between players.

Completing a quest of offering rewards players with XP and kamas, as well as a variable number of Almokens. These rewards are adjusted to the character's level and are thus interesting to the majority of players.

Almokens can be exchanged with the NPC Xanamla (also located at the Bibliotemple) for various prizes: temporary illusions, books about the Doziak signs, pebbles, previously unseen emotes...

Almanax

After making an offering, you can meet the God of the day in person!

But above all, the quests of offering are the only way to get a treasure coveted by many adventurers...

GET TO THE DOFUS!

A very special quest is available as a premise to the first quest of offering. Called The Year of the Dragon, it requires players to gather up 365 calendar pages. For each successfully completed quest of offering, a character receives one page. Therefore it takes 365 days to collect the required number of pages.

Brigitte likes to fill up a progression bar just as much as the next guy.

Collecting 365 pages does not necessarily require completing 365 different quests of offering: it is also possible to repeat one year's quests in another year to compensate for those that were missed.

The prize gained at the end of this lengthy quest? The Dolmanax, a new addition to the Dofus family. Permanently linked to an account, it can only be won once per character. It rewards a character's devotion.

The Dolmanax offers a bonus that compliments the bonuses of the Dofus eggs that already exist. Does it involve range, resistances or maybe some other characteristics? The secret will only be revealed when a year is up There's no helping it, this time you need to be patient!

The Almanax Interface

A notification will inform players that the new Almanax content is available when they connect to the game for the first time each day. The Almanax menu can be opened from this notification, or by selecting the respective tab in the Grimoire.

It's a brand new day, you know what you have to do!

The Almanax interface contains a lot of information: the date, protector of the month, astrological sign, a presentation of the day's Meridia, active bonuses... For those wanting to know how far they are, there's a gauge that displays your character's progress in the Dolmanax quest.

A calendar button allows access to the Almanax section of the Krosmoz website.

The Almanax website

The site provides additional information that's not available in the game interface. When consulting the website, it's not only possible to display the daily bonuses of past days via a calendar, but also to display the bonuses that will be active during the next 7 days. This allows foresighted players to plan ahead and arrange their game sessions according to the bonuses that interest them the most.

Other exclusive information available on the site: the offerings required for the daily quests. Just like for the bonuses, offerings for the next 7 days are also revealed. Players who wish to collect the necessary resources or make trades in advance can ensure they are ready for whatever the upcoming week may throw at them.

Advantages of the Almanax

In addition to the potential reward of a Dofus, which will probably motivate more than one person, we hope the Almanax will be a source of discovery and inspiration for the players.

• The text of the Almanax will allow fans of the background story to further immerse themselves in the World of Twelve, and even learn a few new things when communicating with the Meridia.

• The quests of offering and the Dolmanax quest set new goals for adventurers who might be lacking objectives.

• Bonuses encourage players to meet each other in the same area and enjoy the same content.

• Characters wanting to progress quickly have access to additional sources of experience, thanks to regular XP bonuses and daily quests.

• The Almanax is largely based on existing content: it encourages players to rediscover areas or dungeons which return to the front of the stage when decked out in Almanax bonuses.

• Item requirements for offerings may delight the opportunists and reward the most foresighted. Everyone can obtain the objects they need on their own... but players can also decide to organise them together!

• The resources serving as offerings will be highly demanded, and enthusiastic craftsmen will have a lot to do in order to meet the demands when offerings are crafted items.

• The choice of rewards which can be bought with Almokens may progressively expand in future updates: obtaining a Dolmanax will be an important step, but there's other interesting benefits to completing the daily offering quests that shouldn't be overlooked.

Wrapping it up...

The Almanax will be available for testing on the Beta server, along with the other changes of version 2.8. Various types of bonuses will be active day by day, along with a calendar specific to the Beta. This allows us to give a broad overview of the bonuses and quests which will be available on the servers during the first months after 2.8 is released.

Accessing the Krosmoz website from the game interface will be disabled during the Beta.

All that's left is counting the days until you can get absorbed in the Almanax... and start the longest quest in the history of DOFUS!

Almanax

See you soon at the Almanax Sanctuary!

http://www.dofus.com/en/devblog/posts/secrets-almanax

Yup (Zatoishwan)
Avarice
Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2007-12-21
posté August 30, 2012, 15:05:35 | #2
Awesome!! Can't wait to get started! ^^

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2012-05-06
posté August 30, 2012, 15:25:01 | #3
I'm actually pretty excited for this one!

shaz (Rushu)
Pumas
Subscriber Treechnid Hugger
* Member Since 2006-12-06
posté August 30, 2012, 15:37:13 | #4
awsome as im a quest freak i like a chalenge just hoping its not going to be stressful

Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2005-10-31
posté August 30, 2012, 15:43:13 | #5
This could be really fun, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm pleased that if you miss a few days, you can just keep going after the first year. It means that as real life inevitably interferes with important things, it doesn't mess our chances up of getting a new shiny egg

Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2006-10-25
posté August 30, 2012, 15:43:29 | #6
Yikes, the post kind of sounds like if you miss one day you need to wait until the same calendar day of the next year. I heard people saying you will just be behind by a day and can complete it a day later instead, I hope that will be the case.

I really think this is a great idea, kudos to the devs!

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2009-09-21
posté August 30, 2012, 15:45:42 | #7
Cool

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2008-12-18
posté August 30, 2012, 15:48:00 | #8
wow so i should do those quests 1 year? ridiculous

Volunteer Moderator Bworker Punisher
* * * * * Member Since 2008-05-07
posté August 30, 2012, 16:14:02 | #9

Quote (VitaeII @ 30 August 2012 15:43) *
Yikes, the post kind of sounds like if you miss one day you need to wait until the same calendar day of the next year. I heard people saying you will just be behind by a day and can complete it a day later instead, I hope that will be the case.

I really think this is a great idea, kudos to the devs!

Izmar has already said that you don't have to wait for the same calendar day of the next year. It doesn't matter which quests you do on what day, just the number of them.

Click here

Subscriber Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2008-06-17
posté August 30, 2012, 16:25:31 | #10
brilliant idea ankama, the devblogs have made me quite enthusiastic. Well done for bringing more things to do for the non pvp'ers amongst us

F2P Member Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2010-02-17
posté August 30, 2012, 16:31:49 | #11
ummm...havent played dofus qite in a while...isnt the area where the temple is situated "outside the non-mmbers restricted area"...cuz if yes i think ankama should focus on more rather than getting ideeas on how to make people to subscribe for one year

Pandiiee (Dark Vlad)
Kawaii
Subscriber Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
* * * * Member Since 2008-12-28
posté August 30, 2012, 16:38:46 | #12
Very intresting, only one question: soon I've to start with school again and meanwhile I'll like to casually finish up a quest each day, but I'm asking myself; how long can mission take?

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2008-09-13
posté August 30, 2012, 16:49:07 | #13
sounds like a great way to kill some time every now and then ^^
about those new tokens that we will get from doing the quests, will they be needed for getting the dofus or do we just need to do 365 days of questing and be able to use those tokens on anything we want?

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2005-08-07
posté August 30, 2012, 17:01:05 | #14
Whats the point of making it perma linked...?

Former Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2010-12-05
posté August 30, 2012, 17:06:39 | #15
I have to say I am rather excited for this. It will give me something to do each day for some extra exp.

Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2011-04-15
posté August 30, 2012, 17:23:39 | #16
Sounds really intresting to me! now its just to do a daily quest a whole year (365 days) too see what the dofus will give

Community Manager Klime Buttonholer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-10-19
posté August 30, 2012, 17:50:11 | #17

Quote (zaxazoom @ 30 August 2012 16:31) *
ummm...havent played dofus qite in a while...isnt the area where the temple is situated "outside the non-mmbers restricted area"...cuz if yes i think ankama should focus on more rather than getting ideeas on how to make people to subscribe for one year

I've seen this comment a lot, but it seems to be the wrong way around. Consider this: when Frigost was released, it also required players to be subscribed to play the content, and for most players, it took many months (considering the stats on Frigost 2.5 dungeon completion, years for some) for them to complete the content within Frigost... but this wasn't Ankama trying to compel people to subscribe for x months or x years, we were adding new content to the game to make it more interesting and give people new things to do.

This is the same principle. No one is forced to do the new quests, and no one is forced to subscribe for a year. If the content is interesting to you, we hope you'll want to subscribe, but if it looks like it's too long or too difficult, you can just do as much as you like, when you like, and maybe, if it's fun for you for long enough, you'll find you've completed enough quests to get a Dolmanax. If you don't, that's ok too. It's your choice.

If you want, you could think of it as a veteran's benefit. It can't be bought from other players, so if you have one, it's proof that you've been around for a long time. =)

Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2008-04-29
posté August 30, 2012, 17:56:47 | #18

Quote (fainedeath @ 30 August 2012 17:01) *
Whats the point of making it perma linked...?
To prove you earned the Dofus legitimately :3

Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2010-08-15
posté August 30, 2012, 18:04:17 | #19
I don't know if this has already been asked, but will you gain extra calendar tokens if you complete some days in beta server, ie are they transferable from one server to the next? If they are I might bother logging into the beta again

Regards
BB

* Member Since 2010-09-06
posté August 30, 2012, 18:13:47 | #20
Alright, I'm calling it now: this dofus will give a bonus to the elements based on what season it is. IE +60int for the summer, +60str for fall, +60 cha for winter, +60 agi for spring. In the first article released they said it changed color based on the season, so why not bonuses? It's a bit of a long shot, and I'd rather it be something else...but 1) that's a really nifty idea that makes sense flavor-wise, and 2) it benefits multi-element builds the most, something they've been on and off about doing for a while now. If this is the case I'm somewhat disappointed though, since there's already the crimson dofus along with all the trophies that give elemental bonuses. Here's hoping it's something just as cool, but more useful!

Deimos (Rushu)
Honeybee
Former Subscriber Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2006-08-01
posté August 30, 2012, 18:54:33 | #21

Quote (Tuckers @ 30 August 2012 16:38) *
Very intresting, only one question: soon I've to start with school again and meanwhile I'll like to casually finish up a quest each day, but I'm asking myself; how long can mission take?
Not very long. Each day only asks you to bring a certain object, then go to the prayer room and talk to the day's deity. Today, you needed to hand in 4 Croc Teeth on the Beta.

But according to the devblog you will also be able to see what item is required for the next 7 days (once it's released). So on a weekend you could gather all the items for the next week and then during school you only have to log in, hand in the stuff and talk to the NPC. That takes less than a minute.  

Pingwin Mascot Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2011-08-06
posté August 30, 2012, 20:02:22 | #22

Quote (Frunupulax @ 30 August 2012 18:54) *

Quote (Tuckers @ 30 August 2012 16:38) *
Not very long. Each day only asks you to bring a certain object, then go to the prayer room and talk to the day's deity. Today, you needed to hand in 4 Croc Teeth on the Beta.

But according to the devblog you will also be able to see what item is required for the next 7 days (once it's released). So on a weekend you could gather all the items for the next week and then during school you only have to log in, hand in the stuff and talk to the NPC. That takes less than a minute.
Awesome! Needed that info, thank you.
Good to know that we will be able to see the necessary items for the next 7 days.

Benjamight (Shika)
Reckless Knights
* * * * Member Since 2007-06-11
posté August 30, 2012, 20:13:00 | #23
How funny would it be that at the end of the 365 of actual completed quests (at least 1 year of work), the Dofus turns out to give +10 pods...LOL!!! It could be the biggest baby shower's trick Ankama EVER laid on us!!

On the other hand, what if Ankama see's only 0.01% of the communities are actually trying for the Dofus, and decides to switch their plans and make it a +1 Range, +1 AP, +1 MP - JUST as a lap to the face of all those people "too good" to give it a try, and then discontinues the quest for anyone not at least 80% of the way through...lol.

Either scenario would be funny (and obviously unlikely), but I couldn't help but post what my silly mind was thinking.

Benjamight

Unofficial Forum Answer Bot Count Harebourg Clocker
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté August 30, 2012, 20:15:16 | #24
Or how about it just gives a title?  

* Member Since 2009-03-01
posté August 30, 2012, 20:37:58 | #25
Hey Izmar! I got an idea.What is fgree to plays can do a potion of these quests, say 25% or whatever, then no more untill subscribed. Also, how about "resetting" if fre to play hits the cap, but to a lesser rewards. When they decide to subscribe, they automatically jump to the prior cap if they HAD reset.
Please take this into consideration.
The greatly unknown, Sninja

Benjamight (Shika)
Reckless Knights
* * * * Member Since 2007-06-11
posté August 30, 2012, 21:01:22 | #26
Did anyone else notice the "pebbles" in the Izmar post...?!?! I sure hope it's the Soulstone Pebble... I would do this quest every day for the rest of my Dofus life, if it grants me access to soul stone pebbles without the headache of PvP!!

Former Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2012-03-24
posté August 30, 2012, 23:15:33 | #27
are you musto be a p2p for that answer please

Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2007-01-03
posté August 31, 2012, 00:14:04 | #28
Not sure if I missed it, but are all these quests going to be able to be completed by ourselves? Like solo with out a team or other people.

Some quests on Frigost require the need of other people/characters like HOT P.A.N.T.S etc.

Deimos (Rushu)
Honeybee
Former Subscriber Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2006-08-01
posté August 31, 2012, 00:47:37 | #29

Quote (Benja-might @ 30 August 2012 21:01) *
Did anyone else notice the "pebbles" in the Izmar post...?!?! I sure hope it's the Soulstone Pebble... I would do this quest every day for the rest of my Dofus life, if it grants me access to soul stone pebbles without the headache of PvP!!
They're entirely new pebbles. But they don't have any recipes yet, so pretty much useless until the devs release new equip which will probably use these pebbles.

Iton (Solar)
Satisfaction
Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2010-04-05
posté August 31, 2012, 11:46:50 | #30
Sounds nice

Former Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2011-03-06
posté August 31, 2012, 12:18:13 | #31
So you cant sell it? Because IMO a big pile of kamas is better then a dofus now that you have trophies

Subscriber Kami Snowfoux Kuddler
* * * * * Member Since 2009-03-26
posté August 31, 2012, 12:27:48 | #32

Quote (Mushroom-Alliance @ 31 August 2012 12:18) *
So you cant sell it? Because IMO a big pile of kamas is better then a dofus now that you have trophies

I can't stand these kind of comments. You don't know if trophies can substitute this dofus.

* Member Since 2012-03-24
posté August 31, 2012, 14:00:24 | #33
guys can some one tell me do you must be p2p for that

Former Subscriber Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2010-02-05
posté August 31, 2012, 15:12:35 | #34
I like this new content. To be honest, I was not impress at first because I thought that some of the quest would involve PvP, but it seems to be more flexible for casual and PvM players....

Kudos to Ankama for these kind of updates. Keep up the good work.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2010-05-07
posté August 31, 2012, 15:18:21 | #35

Quote (PETER123456789 @ 31 August 2012 14:00) *
guys can some one tell me do you must be p2p for that

Taking into account that the temple is in the p2p area... yeah, I guess you have to be p2p.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2010-05-25
posté August 31, 2012, 19:14:34 | #36
cool

Intoxicated (Zatoishwan)
Arenis
* Member Since 2007-12-05
posté August 31, 2012, 21:04:40 | #37
When will 2.8 come out? Didn't read so didn't see if it was written in there ^^.

Boltz (Rushu)
Blank
Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2010-11-20
posté September 01, 2012, 00:37:14 | #38
Can someone please answer my question i wonder if i forget 1 day and not do the quest does that mean i have to wait a entire year and start to make all quest's from nummber 1 to 365? cause that is not cool ankama i mean ppls got a life. and they cant spare entire year p2p for this quest

Unofficial Forum Answer Bot Count Harebourg Clocker
* * * * * * Member Since 2006-02-21
posté September 01, 2012, 00:38:38 | #39

Quote (gabbno @ 01 September 2012 00:37) *
Can someone please answer my question i wonder if i forget 1 day and not do the quest does that mean i have to wait a entire year and start to make all quest's from nummber 1 to 365? cause that is not cool ankama i mean ppls got a life. and they cant spare entire year p2p for this quest
No, you just do that quest the next day. There are 365 quests to do, not a set quest for each day.

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2007-12-16
posté September 01, 2012, 20:59:01 | #40
Ironically i have a better chance of getting this dofus over the orchre

This post has been edited by gollywog - September 04, 2012, 05:01:14.
Subscriber Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté September 01, 2012, 21:11:30 | #41

Quote (gollywog @ 01 September 2012 20:59) *
That has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever read.
So you need to login and do a quest every single day?

As stated repeatedly and explicitly, you do not have to do the quests 365 days in a row, or on a specific calandar date. You just have to do any 365 of them. You could do it every other day and stil complete the quest. (Of course, it'd take you twice as long, but there are NO set dates)

Zepyulos (Zatoishwan)
Ogre Battle
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2005-11-10
posté September 02, 2012, 02:22:34 | #42
I'm glad Ankama is always trying to come up with new things, this quest it's awesome, and I know that one day I will have this Dofus for sure. Good work and thanks Ankama.

Terror (Dark Vlad)
Rampage
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-10-24
posté September 04, 2012, 07:56:32 | #43
instead of having an event i'd like ankama to finish frigost...

Former Subscriber Piglet Tracker
* Member Since 2011-07-11
posté September 04, 2012, 08:44:21 | #44

Quote (Lawlz00r @ 04 September 2012 07:56) *
instead of having an event i'd like ankama to finish frigost...
why when only the top 3% of ppl have finished all dungs.....so 8 acc ppl can make massive money off single acc holders no ty,ankama is doing its best to get ppl to try the harder dungs ie the ADDS system and that also nerfs xp for royal mastogob dung to force ppl out of these no brain dungs...i don,t mean to be rude but its up to ppl to go and learn the mob and bosses or frig 3 is never gonna be released

This post has been edited by snaxy - September 04, 2012, 08:48:49.
Vice-President of Smack Talk Mufafah Rider
* * Member Since 2010-05-10
posté September 04, 2012, 19:42:40 | #45
At first look this looks like yet another addiction mechanism added into the game. A cheap way to keep us motivated and playing by placing an attainable reward at the end of a bar, like a carrot on a stick. It's quite alarming that the developers can create something so foul, add some suggar on the top to hide it's filthness and just serve it to the unsuspecting gamers with success. Come to think of it though, the most recent "updates" didn't actually introduce any new content to the game and who knows when that god forsaken wasteland called frigost will be finally completely released so that we can move on to something hopefully more interesting (if the devs have actually learned from their mistakes), so for the time being i will embrace this monstrosity and give it a chance. Who knows, maybe i ll be positively surprised. Regardless, i ll poke it with a stick at first.

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2009-05-02
posté September 18, 2012, 12:14:15 | #46
so wait what does the dofus give

* Member Since 2008-09-29
posté September 18, 2012, 13:09:02 | #47
idk

when the new update gonna be done

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2011-12-10
posté September 27, 2012, 01:33:33 | #48
what stats dose it give

Raiko (Zatoishwan)
Former Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2005-11-11
posté October 03, 2012, 20:24:59 | #49
I would like to know if the dofus is worth the effort..

Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2010-10-31
posté October 04, 2012, 09:35:31 | #50
I just can't wait when they are going to switch it into pvp, with some stupid explanation!
Bot owners already farmed enough resources and put their merchants in front of the temple.
Pathetic.. prespic peaks and kilibris downs with 150-300% price, but no resources harder to get - like maho ghost bones.
I'm looking forward for another brilliant Ankama move punishing players and missing bots. I'll go get my popcorn.