Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Some questions by a total newbie!, ...coming from Wakfu.
F2P Member Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2012-01-25
posté January 25, 2012, 03:54:01 | #1
Some questions by a total newbie!
Hello,

I was playing Wakfu 7 months ago and had a Cra (15 lv.) and Iop (30 lv.)
I want to give Dofus a try, since Wakfu is going to be P2P.

Anyway, I need your advices about selecting a class. I am mainly focused on PVE (some of you may call it as PVM). Iop's at Wakfu were great PVE'ers, however, I really hated to use 4x skill in a single round. If possible, I would like to use 1x-2x skill each turn and do a burst damage. I usually like archers, but not sure how should I build them for PVE, or if they're good at PVE, at all.

So my questions are;

1. Which class is the best for PVE? (If Cra's are good at PVE, I'll stick with them, but need guidance on PVE builds.)
2. How to make the game fullscreen?
3. Where to change key bindings?
4. How to center-lock camera while I am moving?

Thank you,
Aris

This post has been edited by Aristona5 - January 25, 2012, 04:01:01.
Hobo-Cow (Rushu)
Pokemon
Subscriber Moowolf Slicer
* * * * Member Since 2006-07-04
posté January 25, 2012, 05:10:58 | #2
Personally, I find all classes are useful in PvM (or PvE, as you prefer to call it). It's a case of picking a class which best defines you. The classes which you might find better at PvM are the ones that find a healthy balance between high damage and Area of Effect spells. This could be a Strength Sadida, Intelligence Cra, Intelligence Feca and so on are quite useful for solo-play at lower levels. However, in the higher level gameplay of DOFUS, there is a focus on grouping with other people and fighting together. So as it turns out, all classes become helpful in PvM, dungeons especially.

You can press Ctrl + F to make the screen full-sized, however you'll find that there will most likely be two black bars on the side of your game screen. As far as I know, this isn't removable.

You can change your key bindings by clicking on the mechanical cog in the top-right corner of the screen and going to the "Shortcuts" tab.

Also, DOFUS doesn't move around like Wakfu. Each map is like a separate area and you use small arrows on the side of each screen to change maps. You won't need to lock your camera, because there isn't one!  

F2P Member Arachnophobe
posté January 25, 2012, 15:57:57 | #3
Hello again,

Thanks for your replies. I have some more questions.

1. How can I reset my skill/character points? Do I need to pay anything for them?
2. In Wakfu, we were minting irons to make kama. Is it different here?
3. What does the stars above monster names mean?
4. How can I enter Incarnam Dungeon?
5. Can I craft weapons or w/e with the materials I obtain from fighting monsters? If so, where?
6. Does Intel Cra give all points into Intelligence? If not, can anyone give me a short guide about this? (The ones in Cra section are completely wall'-o text)

Yungo (Solar)
Equinox
Subscriber Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2011-05-29
posté January 25, 2012, 16:14:56 | #4
1. If you are under lvl 30 then reset at the incarneum in, inside the fiary called Fairy Sette.
2. You can make money in lots of different ways, proffesion is the main option and you can mine for money.
3. Te stars mean extra xp
4. You need a key to enter
5. You ned to be a wepon smith to craft wepons.
If you and int car then yes, all points into intel

battler (Rushu)
Einherjar
Former Subscriber Gobkool Shearer
* * Member Since 2007-02-10
posté January 25, 2012, 17:39:07 | #5

Quote (Sackrace @ 25 January 2012 16:14) *
1. If you are under lvl 30 then reset at the incarneum in, inside the fiary called Fairy Sette.
2. You can make money in lots of different ways, proffesion is the main option and you can mine for money.
3. Te stars mean extra xp
4. You need a key to enter
5. You ned to be a wepon smith to craft wepons.
If you and int car then yes, all points into intel

An extra note to:

1: If you are above lvl 30 you can reset your stats once by defeating your class dopple and using the doploon received from it to do so. There is also the option to reset your characteristics on Otomai's Island, but for this you need to do some quests (depending on your lvl) and 1 or more dungeons (depending on lvl). These options are P2P only though.

3: These stars also give a bonus to your drops, so these mobs with stars are better for xp and drops. The longer a mob is on the map without being attacking the higher the bonus becomes, and at certain percentages it received a star. When it has 10 stars (5 yellow ones + 5 red ones, where only the red ones will be visible) you get a bonus of +200%.

5: Yes you can start a smith profession for different weapons, to level it up you will need a lot of resources though, often a lot of wood/ore, so it's better to have lumberjack and miner before starting a smith profession. You could always look for a person with a smith profession who could craft your weapon for you.

F2P Member Arachnophobe
posté January 26, 2012, 19:44:37 | #6
Thanks for your replies. Some more questions!

1. Where can I buy a gear for my character?
2. Is there any NPC where I can sell materials?
3. Can I craft items for my own character with the materials I obtain?
4. What is the completing reward of Incarnam Dungeon?
5. Doing main quest is necessary? (e.g Does it give uber powered unique bow for example?) If not, I'll just grind.
6. Where can I learn professions?

Ama (Rushu)
Myth
Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2012-01-21
posté January 26, 2012, 19:51:20 | #7
Sup! Is Wafku any good? Was thinking about trying the open-beta. Thanks

F2P Member Arachnophobe
posté January 26, 2012, 20:39:03 | #8

Quote (Tahke @ 26 January 2012 19:51) *
Sup! Is Wafku any good? Was thinking about trying the open-beta. Thanks
Uhm, I didn't play Wakfu for long but the biggest difference is, you can move camera in Wakfu while you can't in Dofus. However, Wakfu is a very hard game comparing to Dofus. (People say Ankama did it on purpose to make people search for bugs in beta in Wakfu forums.) Pretty much everything is same as Dofus, except the game is harder... For example, in Dofus, you deal like 15 damage at level 1. It is only 3-4 damage in Wakfu, so if you don't keep yourself at high HP all the time, you usually die. I usually don't even lose single HP in my most matches in Dofus. (I am a cra by the way.) In Wakfu, once monsters reach you, you're basically dead, so you will always find yourself trying to find "alone" monsters, so you have a chance to win the battle.

I didn't play Wakfu for long though. I just had a level 20 account on it, and I am currently level 15 in Dofus.

I wouldn't suggest starting Wakfu right now since characters will be wiped once again after Open Beta. Just wait for the official release in Feb.

Yungo (Solar)
Equinox
Subscriber Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2011-05-29
posté January 26, 2012, 22:04:09 | #9

Quote (Aristona5 @ 26 January 2012 19:44) *
Thanks for your replies. Some more questions!

1. Where can I buy a gear for my character?
2. Is there any NPC where I can sell materials?
3. Can I craft items for my own character with the materials I obtain?
4. What is the completing reward of Incarnam Dungeon?
5. Doing main quest is necessary? (e.g Does it give uber powered unique bow for example?) If not, I'll just grind.
6. Where can I learn professions?
1. From merchants or markets located in astrub, botn or brak.
2. Yes, in the inc in would be the best one for now. The in keeper
3.Yes if you have the correct mats, proffesion and profession lvl
4. Nothing, but it is the only place you can find snow foox fur i think it is.
5. No you dont have to, it just rewards you with extra xp and kamas
6. Out side the inn, there is a person that will ask you for one and give you one for free