Back to forum.dofus.com
Almanax 131 Octolliard
Al Howin's Day
The Al Howin festivities get their name from a Dofus-Era farmer. To create a buzz for the annual ...

No flash

Transfer A Character

Thread closed

Community Manager Klime Buttonholer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-10-19
posté June 17, 2011, 17:54:00 | #1
Transfer A Character

Transfert de personnage

A new Ogrines service is available today: transfer a character to a different server! Are you feeling the need to see new faces, try a different server, or join your friends who started their DOFUS journey elsewhere? Now you can!

Transfert de personnage

Since the original announcement of this service, many players have been eagerly asking when it will arrive... and that day has finally come! The new Character Transfer service is already up and online!

The Server Transfer service allows a user to transfer one or more of their existing characters from one server to another. The character is “migrated” with all the items they are holding in their inventory, including their Dragoturkey and its inventory, and any Dragoturkeys roosting in paddocks, public or privately owned.

Each player can transfer their character to the server of their choice, but transfers must adhere to certain criteria:

• A player may not transfer his character to a server outside of their community.
  • It is not possible to transfer a character to the Heroic server from another server, nor to transfer a character created on the Heroic server to a traditional server.
  • Only characters above level 20, or with a profession higher than level 20 can be transferred.
  • Only one character transfer is allowed per account per month. It is possible to transfer one or more characters on the same account from the same server at one time, but the service will be blocked for one month after each use.
  • All characters with the Mercenary alignment will be automatically returned to the Neutral alignment on their new server. Any items related to the mercenary alignment in a character’s inventory will be deleted during the transfer process.
  • Items for sale in the Marketplaces will not be transferred.

The number of migration slots that are available for each server in a single week (including the the migration of multiple characters) are limited by quotas. Once these quotas have been met, the server is no longer available in the list of target servers until the following week.

Transfering a character to another server costs 9000 Ogrines.

You can learn more about how this service works by visiting the relevant article on the Devblog or visiting the Support FAQ.

Transfer a character using Ogrines

Former Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2008-03-22
posté June 17, 2011, 18:36:54 | #2
HOORAY!!!!!

F2P Member * Member Since 2011-06-17
posté June 17, 2011, 18:38:40 | #3
cool this is going to be great

Subscriber Moopet Master
* * Member Since 2011-03-31
posté June 17, 2011, 18:46:26 | #4
It's like 4mk to transfer if you buy the ogrines with Kamas on Solar. Good thing I'm not transferring :'3

posté June 17, 2011, 19:05:29 | #5
When you enter the game

When you enter the game?????

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2010-08-06
posté June 17, 2011, 19:23:25 | #6
i guess this is not good. What about new servers? if everyone transfer their old chars to new server it wont be new. i guess ankama should remove this transfer

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2011-04-20
posté June 17, 2011, 19:30:17 | #7
why i cant tranfer my char?

You do not have any characters to transfer.
i have a cra lvl 100

posté June 17, 2011, 19:48:19 | #8
this is not cool,people with 100m cash will go to a other server and buy cheap items/dofuses theyre, they return to a more expensiver server sell the items and BAM theyre billionairs soon.. thx fore this stupid service.....

wtf..

ppl with 100m wil transfer cheap stuff to an expensive server and theyre billionars.. stupid service .... make this game fun not more boring

Mrs-Hax (Dark Vlad)
Guardians
Subscriber Ouginak Torturer
* Member Since 2009-10-01
posté June 17, 2011, 20:00:17 | #9

Quote (DunWannaThinkFor1 @ 17 June 2011 19:48) *
this is not cool,people with 100m cash will go to a other server and buy cheap items/dofuses theyre, they return to a more expensiver server sell the items and BAM theyre billionairs soon.. thx fore this stupid service.....

wtf..

ppl with 100m wil transfer cheap stuff to an expensive server and theyre billionars.. stupid service .... make this game fun not more boring
YOu can only transfer once a month. + it costs 9000 ogrines, which is not exactly cheap ^^
I do not think this will be a problem.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2010-11-11
posté June 17, 2011, 20:00:55 | #10
It is more like 3mk Bizznizz, but I will be using this service quite often.

Subscriber Treechnid Hugger
* Member Since 2010-01-09
posté June 17, 2011, 20:14:44 | #11
AWSOME!!!

posté June 17, 2011, 20:15:14 | #12
NICE !!

posté June 17, 2011, 20:38:50 | #13
this is really expensive...

Escroto (Aermine)
PORTUGAL
Subscriber * Member Since 2011-02-03
posté June 17, 2011, 21:44:37 | #14
i really think this is a bad idea, players with accounts in both old and new servers will probably transfer high lvl characters and rare/expensive items to the new server, giving a huge advantage, the fun of a new server is to start from the bottom, transfering a lvl199-200 char with a turq/ochre/other dofus will simply destroy that fun

posté June 17, 2011, 22:42:52 | #15
this service should just be removed already..

this service should just be removed already..

Rosey Profession Master Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2006-03-30
posté June 17, 2011, 23:22:35 | #16
I am so excited to have this option. I have already booked my 'flight' and am just waiting for maint on Tuesday to come already.

Lady-Tanee (Zatoishwan)
Voice
Former Subscriber Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2010-05-04
posté June 17, 2011, 23:23:02 | #17
I dont see whats wrong, there is no real new server anymore. Even on Zato the newest of those INT servern ppl has Ochre,Turq,Vulbris already so i dont get your point

Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2007-04-06
posté June 18, 2011, 02:22:36 | #18
Whats going to happan to the chars that own houses? will they lose their house on transfer?

Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2009-04-12
posté June 18, 2011, 02:39:22 | #19
Most people don't truly understand the best methods of making kamas from this. The key is MULE characters lol. Send a level 20 over to a cheaper server. Make a new character on that server. Buy a bunch of cheap stuff. Then send that character over back to the more expensive server. Cause the service is so expensive you'll need to find a place where you can make a killer profit from. Create some new accounts on different servers and have them scout the prices.

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2006-05-30
posté June 18, 2011, 03:09:41 | #20
about community, that means that a char cant be moved from alma to rushu for example ?

Mini-Reaper (Zatoishwan)
Bloody-Moon
Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2007-10-09
posté June 18, 2011, 03:28:54 | #21
Dam i constantly keep getting that the server is experiencing an internal error man i just wanna get to where my friend moved to..... thats all dam hope it works better with internet "destroyer" lol

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2005-11-30
posté June 18, 2011, 04:36:40 | #22
the price is outrageous, imo

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2008-02-18
posté June 18, 2011, 05:10:56 | #23
What if you have more than one account on the same server and just want to transfer a character from one account to another? I have a high lvl Sac and Cra on the same account and want to transfer one to my 3rd account. Can this be done? How much will it cost?

Subscriber Moopet Master
* * Member Since 2011-03-31
posté June 18, 2011, 05:11:53 | #24

Quote (Kainest @ 18 June 2011 02:39) *
Most people don't truly understand the best methods of making kamas from this. The key is MULE characters lol. Send a level 20 over to a cheaper server. Make a new character on that server. Buy a bunch of cheap stuff. Then send that character over back to the more expensive server. Cause the service is so expensive you'll need to find a place where you can make a killer profit from. Create some new accounts on different servers and have them scout the prices.

This is what people are worried about. It's abusing the system and destroying economies. It's worse than Goldman Sachs!

Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2007-03-31
posté June 18, 2011, 05:19:12 | #25
I think what people don't understand is, it says CHARACTER transfer. It won't transfer the items in your bank. It won't let you keep your house or paddock. (On another server, someone else likely owns them anyway). And I would give 10 to 1 odds you can't take anything except your characters gear with you. Isn't that the way most games work? I mean, even WoW has character transfers, but I don't think they get to take anything but the gear on their backs and the money in their pockets. And who would spend 18000 ogrines to transfer there AND back? Current ogrines price on Rosal runs 1.5-1.8mk for 3000 ogrines. Multiply that by 6. 9mk minimum there and back. Assuming the servers have the same price on ogrines. I doubt this will wreck the economy flat outright. Either way, not much you can do about it. So either quit whining and play, or quit altogether. Simple.

* EDIT: Ok so you can take items in your inv. so what? I still say no one is going to spend 9mk to change servers in hopes of making a couple mk to take back to their own. Most people are going to use it as a permenant move. besides, maybe it would even out the economies of the servers some. might not be so bad.

Subscriber Piglet Milker
* Member Since 2008-06-21
posté June 18, 2011, 06:38:27 | #26
nor effence but what you dont get is that people can take items like Turqs to other servers and sell or like 140mk where as in their own server it might only be worth 90mk so thats a 50mk profit, 9mk for origines dosent seem that bad now does it.

Dedlaw (Zatoishwan)
Noblesse Oblige
Member of the Zenith * Member Since 2005-10-30
posté June 18, 2011, 06:52:43 | #27

Quote (jimpson @ 18 June 2011 04:36) *
the price is outrageous, imo
Then don't use it.

Quote (Scott-Rock @ 18 June 2011 05:10) *
What if you have more than one account on the same server and just want to transfer a character from one account to another? I have a high lvl Sac and Cra on the same account and want to transfer one to my 3rd account. Can this be done? How much will it cost?
Characters stay on the same account, just get moved to a different server. Transfer between accounts is something I don't think Ankama will do.

Quote (slipersea @ 18 June 2011 06:38) *
nor effence but what you dont get is that people can take items like Turqs to other servers and sell or like 140mk where as in their own server it might only be worth 90mk so thats a 50mk profit, 9mk for origines dosent seem that bad now does it.
I'm pretty sure they considered this possibility, that's why there are restrictions regarding the transfers such as only 1 transfer per account per month and also a limit on the amount of accounts transferred per week.

Any sudden increase in items will see a drop in prices too. First few might make a bit of a profit out of it, but soon the markets will balance out and all will have similar prices.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2008-07-20
posté June 18, 2011, 06:54:32 | #28
why u guys dont let us to transfer charecter from an account to another account at the same server ! it will be cool

Rare Item Hunter Missiz Freezz Waxer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-01-05
posté June 18, 2011, 07:07:06 | #29

Quote (SilentRevenge @ 18 June 2011 06:52) *

I'm pretty sure they considered this possibility, that's why there are restrictions regarding the transfers such as only 1 transfer per account per month and also a limit on the amount of accounts transferred per week.
But what if they use 2 account. One account to transfer to Rushu and buy off all the cheap gears they could purchase and the give them to a second account to transfer back to their original server. They would be using two level 20 alts to do the transfers ofcourse, not their main characters.

This will bypass the 1 month restriction. A player could instantaneously transfer items for business purpose.

This post has been edited by Gunnerwolfang - June 18, 2011, 07:12:39.
Reason for edit : wrong quote
Dedlaw (Zatoishwan)
Noblesse Oblige
Member of the Zenith * Member Since 2005-10-30
posté June 18, 2011, 07:16:15 | #30

Quote (Gunnerwolfang @ 18 June 2011 07:07) *

Quote (SilentRevenge @ 18 June 2011 06:52) *

But what if they use 2 account. One account to transfer to Rushu and buy off all the cheap gears they could purchase and the give them to a second account to transfer back to their original server. They would be using two level 20 alts to do the transfers ofcourse, not their main characters.

This will bypass the 1 month restriction. A player could instantaneously transfer items for business purpose.
I have no idea, I'm not in charge of the system so have no knowledge if there are any further restriction details.
If this does happen, the scenario I describe will most likely unfold, only question would be how long it would take to settle.

Quote (Bshoo @ 18 June 2011 06:54) *
why u guys dont let us to transfer charecter from an account to another account at the same server ! it will be cool
I know there was a thread discussing this and possible restrictions were suggested, but to me this idea just screams out "Selling character, lvl xxx!!"

Former Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2011-06-16
posté June 18, 2011, 09:24:30 | #31
its a high price i think so

Rosey Profession Master Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2006-03-30
posté June 18, 2011, 10:14:59 | #32
I said earlier that I am looking forward to this option, and that I have already booked my flight for 8 characters. Just waiting for Tues is going to be killer on me; but it will happen.

I see a lot of whining that this option will kill economies, and that it will be abused, and that things will go straight down the crapper when all these level 200 characters that are fully decked out start coming to rule the new server they go to. Well; I don't think that is going to happen straight away. I am sure that some uber smart idiots will work on just that to try and gain a kama upper hand. I know that these same uber smart idiots will be looking for ways around what ever barriers AG puts in place. Even the creation of alts on server X to bring items back to server Y has been bashed into the ground at some point on the IRC.

AG will most likely be watching the transfers like a hawk. They will see the sprouting up of many new level 20 or lvl 20 professionals that will carry loads of cash and or items, and subsequently be deleted after they are unloaded. It is my opinion that this is a malicious way to work within a systems rules and can be classified as a bug. If we abuse a bug; according to AG, we run the risk of sanctions. I have personally seen some of these sanctions from way back when. They used to be an item duplication bug, and several people were perma banned for exploiting it. Same can apply here as you are doing just that, exploiting a weakness within the system. But, that is my opinion.

Don't use the service if all you plan to do is go shopping on another server for your character... that is a waste of kamas and or real cash to get the ogrines. Use the service if you actually want off the rock that you have grown to dislike the community you started in. I know Rushu is grand and all with it's uber amounts of people and flooded markets and its reduced housing market and its skyrocketing paddock market and the competition for everything h4xXx0rz. But I can't wait to see some new faces.

Farbauti (Solar)
Subscriber Scaraleaf Planter
* Member Since 2006-08-11
posté June 18, 2011, 11:19:28 | #33

Quote (discarder @ 18 June 2011 10:14) *
I said earlier that I am looking forward to this option, and that I have already booked my flight for 8 characters. Just waiting for Tues is going to be killer on me; but it will happen.

I see a lot of whining that this option will kill economies, and that it will be abused, and that things will go straight down the crapper when all these level 200 characters that are fully decked out start coming to rule the new server they go to. Well; I don't think that is going to happen straight away. I am sure that some uber smart idiots will work on just that to try and gain a kama upper hand. I know that these same uber smart idiots will be looking for ways around what ever barriers AG puts in place. Even the creation of alts on server X to bring items back to server Y has been bashed into the ground at some point on the IRC.

AG will most likely be watching the transfers like a hawk. They will see the sprouting up of many new level 20 or lvl 20 professionals that will carry loads of cash and or items, and subsequently be deleted after they are unloaded. It is my opinion that this is a malicious way to work within a systems rules and can be classified as a bug. If we abuse a bug; according to AG, we run the risk of sanctions. I have personally seen some of these sanctions from way back when. They used to be an item duplication bug, and several people were perma banned for exploiting it. Same can apply here as you are doing just that, exploiting a weakness within the system. But, that is my opinion.

Don't use the service if all you plan to do is go shopping on another server for your character... that is a waste of kamas and or real cash to get the ogrines. Use the service if you actually want off the rock that you have grown to dislike the community you started in. I know Rushu is grand and all with it's uber amounts of people and flooded markets and its reduced housing market and its skyrocketing paddock market and the competition for everything h4xXx0rz. But I can't wait to see some new faces.

You say that you don't think high level players will switch servers, but you yourself are transferring your 8 character team although you didn't mention if it was to a younger server.

I have a hard time seeing how Ankama can sanction any abuse of the system, as many of the so called weaknesses seems to be intended since most of them could easily be addressed and dealt with. The system is flawed and can easily be abused and there are no sanctions or penalties to prevent any of this. You say it will be a waste of real money to abuse this service, but ogrines can be bought for kamas. I know of several players who don't use any real money on this game any longer and many of them are able to buy 3000 ogrine for around 1mk. Spending the 6-8 mk it will cost to transfer and alt back an forth is really no real obstacle to many semi-high level players and high level players.

To me one of the amazing aspect of the game was the free market, that there weren't any predetermined prices, that most if not all transaction had to be made between players and not between players and NPC's. I loved that each server had to establish it's own unique economy based on the servers own conditions. Now the markets in the different servers are no longer separated.

I really like this game and there are a lot of friendly players, but there is also a fair part of unpleasant players who will abuse any weakness they can spot and do whatever they can to gain an edge with a minimum of effort. If this wasn't true kama-farmers wouldn't be a problem.

I hope that you are right that this system won't be abused, but I doubt it. This is not just about abuse of the different markets. Why should new players want to come to a server like solar to level their professions and themselves when they can go to an old server with easier access to materials and easier access to other players who can help them run dungeons and hunts. When new players have reached a sufficient level on an old server they can just go to younger server if they'd like that.

I am well aware that this service will never be removed again. But I do hope that there will be made some changes to it.

Dark-Xelvi (Solar)
Kinky
Subscriber Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2009-05-28
posté June 18, 2011, 11:31:37 | #34
this service ll surely mess up the economy of server a lot. prices are high in new servers and low in old servers. so simply go shop from old server and come back and u r awsome. same with ogrine prices which vary server to server. with the cash i have i can buy like 10 years p2p from old servers like rushu lol.

i would love this service if they make community markets have same economy. like make the ogrine market into 1 market and so so. instead of this service , merging the new servers seems much better idea.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2009-12-11
posté June 18, 2011, 12:52:27 | #35
That's awesome nice work ankama.

That's awesome nice work ankama.

That's awesome nice work ankama. Maybe i gone try this.

Former Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2009-03-26
posté June 18, 2011, 14:54:31 | #36
I dont like it anymore cause i'm on dutch server.
But i think they had to make it the way that u could go from a Dutch server to a International server

Rare Item Hunter Missiz Freezz Waxer
* * * * * * Member Since 2009-01-05
posté June 18, 2011, 15:42:37 | #37

Quote (Wolflairownt @ 18 June 2011 14:54) *
I dont like it anymore cause i'm on dutch server.
But i think they had to make it the way that u could go from a Dutch server to a International server
Or International to Regional community. example from Solar (Int) to Ogivol (Ph).

I want to be more active in the Philippine server and I could use my gears in Solar.

Taazz (Solar)
Rebellion
Subscriber Tofu Stroker
* Member Since 2009-05-27
posté June 18, 2011, 15:55:54 | #38
i guess with this new character transfer prices from servers will star to be similary after few months also i thicnk this ideea its preaty nice

Subscriber Treechnid Hugger
* Member Since 2008-06-25
posté June 18, 2011, 17:52:03 | #39

Quote (discarder @ 17 June 2011 23:22) *
I am so excited to have this option. I have already booked my 'flight' and am just waiting for maint on Tuesday to come already.
To which server? Please don't say Solar because friendly isn't how I'd describe our community.  

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2006-01-29
posté June 18, 2011, 18:45:36 | #40
Look, People complaining about not being able to transfer characters from one account to another, the reason AG can't do this is because it would allow you to steal characters from an account you hacked. so stop complaining because you can't take whats not yours.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2011-02-24
posté June 18, 2011, 19:55:43 | #41
Can I migrate from a international server to any other? like to a hispanic or french server?

Former Subscriber * Member Since 2011-03-05
posté June 18, 2011, 21:03:36 | #42
thats no good whats the points of new server if hights lvl transfer there

posté June 19, 2011, 03:46:56 | #43
Ogrines have kamas but check the website for sale Ogrine 1 for just 750 k aprobechaNow "only rosal server"

Subscriber Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2006-01-16
posté June 19, 2011, 06:35:48 | #44

Quote (discarder @ 18 June 2011 10:14) *

Hope your looking towards Shika there.... Leyline, both you and your wife that is. We have got a lot of good old ppl in our guild (Equilibrium).... but a little short on fresh meat.... i mean American players.

This post has been edited by BadBartIV - June 19, 2011, 06:39:30.
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2007-08-27
posté June 19, 2011, 19:41:02 | #45
OMg yes yes yes! ill go to the dutch server and kill em all!

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2009-09-12
posté June 19, 2011, 20:03:42 | #46
Can somewane tell me where we can transfer to from the server Dark Vlad. Its the only Dutch server there is.

Thanks

Former Subscriber Kami Snowfoux Kuddler
* * * * * Member Since 2009-03-26
posté June 19, 2011, 20:55:16 | #47
*makes an alt,gives him all his kamas, transfers to a server with lower prices, buys things, gives items to an alt, transfers alt to his server*

Subscriber Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2006-08-07
posté June 19, 2011, 21:18:55 | #48

Quote (XehanordHeartless @ 19 June 2011 20:55) *
*makes an alt,gives him all his kamas, transfers to a server with lower prices, buys things, gives items to an alt, transfers alt to his server*

Great, by creating three times as many accounts as you need, and stranding their characters on servers you never go to, you've gotten around the time restrictions.

What you haven't gotten around is the cost of kamas to pay for the Ogrines for the two transfers. You're going to have to find things at a major, MAJOR discount in order to even begin to make up for the ten million-ish kamas that you'll have to pay for the actual transfers. For most players, it won't be worth it.

This is like a friend of my mother's, who used to drive hundreds of miles out of her way whenever she wanted to fill up the car, because the gas prices were cheaper in the next state over.

Former Subscriber Kami Snowfoux Kuddler
* * * * * Member Since 2009-03-26
posté June 19, 2011, 22:36:48 | #49
Well tbh prices are starting to getting more balanced but Solar's prices (for example) are still pretty high when compared to servers like rushu.

Panda-Xpress (Zatoishwan)
Dusk
Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2005-11-02
posté June 20, 2011, 02:36:13 | #50
um... I transferd my character but it didnt do anything and it took my orgines i want a refund!!

Thread closed