Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

Firefoux Dungeon Troubles: Peki Peki, Done by fluke once, never succeeded again.
Grossewer Rat Washer
* * Member Since 2009-01-20
posté April 01, 2011, 22:54:31 | #1
Firefoux Dungeon Troubles: Peki Peki Hey.
So yeah my guild and I are having real trouble doing Firefoux dungeon, specifically speaking, the Peki Peki boss.
This is the second time we have tried it recently, once before this dungeon saving business and we died and we just died again. Yet the very first time we tried it, we survived, and we have no clue why. We had no tactics, no strategy, just a major fluke. So we are looking for some advice on what we are doing wrong and what is the best way to do it, because there are little to no guides available.
We are currently trying to do Firefoux for the Dungeons and yet more Dungeons Quest, so we don't really want to trip up because Dreggon Dungeon is the final step and we can do that with ease.

So, our Team is:
174 Strength Iop
160 Strength Sac
187 Intelligence Cra
166 Strength Xelor
111 Chance/Intel Xelor
139 Intelligence Eniripsa
131 Intelligence Eniripsa
118 Agility Sram

Now, we are quite a way over cap, so this really shouldnt be a problem for us.
But we just have no real system/way of finding Peki when he's invisible, or determining where he could be. At the moment, its just a matter of LoM/LeekPie spam until we hit lucky and find the Peki, but that happens about 2/3 times a fight, when about 3/4 players have been brutally murdered.
And yes, you could say use Location, but the Sram gets 1 hit on Peki's first turn, so its no use really.
Any advice from some minor tactics to an in depth strategy is greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Koolich Choker
* * * * Member Since 2007-08-13
posté April 01, 2011, 23:10:51 | #2
With your team, the easiest way to beat peki is probably to box him in on all four sides, then cast sacrifice with the sac. For some reason, peki doesn't attempt to swap and escape in this situation. Keep preventing word staggered on the sac with both enis and heal when needed. You should be able to blitz him down to nothing in a few turns.

Grossewer Rat Washer
posté April 01, 2011, 23:15:12 | #3

Quote (Nonnok @ 01 April 2011 23:10) *
With your team, the easiest way to beat peki is probably to box him in on all four sides, then cast sacrifice with the sac. For some reason, peki doesn't attempt to swap and escape in this situation. Keep preventing word staggered on the sac with both enis and heal when needed. You should be able to blitz him down to nothing in a few turns.

Aha, nice plan. Much appreciated.
Just curious, how would you recommend we 'catch' the Peki in this scenario?
Its hard enough to find the bloody thing in the first place xD

Thanks again

Rewind (Helioboros)
Whatever
Subscriber Royal Tofu Plucker
* * * Member Since 2010-03-30
posté April 01, 2011, 23:25:55 | #4
You can try outini peki with your sacrier, use sacrifice on all of your characters, this way all of your characters survive as long as the enis heal up the sacrier.

It could be easier if could get an enu to use bribery/pull out. Its not a must though. Also, make use of the gravity state: atonement arrow and roll back (or however it is spelled) are your friends here.

The only way you cant win this way is if your sacrier dies. It loses like 10% total hp each hit, so try killing peki fast before it goes too low.

Edit: If you need to box him him just use coop/trans with your sac.

This post has been edited by chmpp - April 01, 2011, 23:32:26.
Former Subscriber Tanukou
* * * Member Since 2009-12-05
posté April 01, 2011, 23:31:46 | #5
( really not sure if this will work because it only has an 50% succes rate when I do it)

You could try letting the xelors summon 2 needles each ( or 3 aslong as they have 2 ap left) then use Slow Down on both ( if it goes well the needles should be able to find the peki and just stand still next to him) that should give you an idea of where he is + it means less hits on your team.

If you happen to have a great amount of time you could also replace 1 player by an ecaflip ( high enough to survive the peki and with the spell Perception at 5~6) using that spell locating the peki shouldn't be much of a problem and after you finish you change a player for the one that got left behind and do the dungeon again.

If the sacrier has Nimble Punishment at 5~6 you could combine it with Sacrifice and just hit him untill he locks the peki ( assuming the eni's can heal the damage he gets from the hits)

I hope this helps (A)

Grossewer Rat Washer
posté April 01, 2011, 23:40:36 | #6
Thanks for the helps guys :L
We're gonna try a bit of everything and see which tactic works out for us best.
Wish us luck ;D
Cheers

EDIT: So yeah, we lost again. Tried a bit of everything. Got Peki blocked on all sides, between a rock and 6 people.
Got him in gravity state with Atonement and he stayed there for 1 turn. Soon as he was out of Gravity state, boom, gone.
Managed to find him a few times by luck again after that. Used Rholbak a couple of times that was ok. But The needle trick didnt really work sadly =/
Used the Sacrifice everyone method, worked nicely for a bit. But then the sac ended up with like 50% permadmg taken. Which was pretty bad.
Im just at my wits end here. Once we get this dungeon done for this quest, Im never setting foot in that godforsaken place ever again.
/rage

This post has been edited by AcidWings - April 02, 2011, 15:20:11.
Rewind (Helioboros)
Whatever
posté April 04, 2011, 22:07:56 | #7
Thats... kind of surprising. You have pretty nice dmg with your team (namely wrath and punishment ; xelor punch also hits like a ****) how can you not kill him before your sacrier dies?

You have a lot of int chars, which kind of useless in peki, perhaps thats what is making you die.

If what I said above doesnt work, then Im not really sure what could. Changing the sacrier to agi would make it 100 times easier though .

I dont know, wait for some serious peki expert to reply

Grossewer Rat Washer
posté April 04, 2011, 23:59:05 | #8

Quote (chmpp @ 04 April 2011 22:07) *
Thats... kind of surprising. You have pretty nice dmg with your team (namely wrath and punishment ; xelor punch also hits like a ****) how can you not kill him before your sacrier dies?

You have a lot of int chars, which kind of useless in peki, perhaps thats what is making you die.

If what I said above doesnt work, then Im not really sure what could. Changing the sacrier to agi would make it 100 times easier though .

I dont know, wait for some serious peki expert to reply
Well the Sac was fine.The sac was the last to die in fact. So thats not our problem because the sacrifice technique worked very well until Peki got away.
Its just the fact that we can NEVER find the Peki, we trapped it after its first turn easily, but then it just got away and we find it once after that out of sheer luck.
Even when we trap it, it just swaps and runs away.
If we could find it and trap it more often we would beat it easily, but it just escapes and moves around too easily.
Officially my most hated dungeon so far.

posté April 07, 2011, 19:52:50 | #9
Well, the 'Sacrifice all'-technique didn't exactly work as someone said before, even when everyone's under that spell, Peki still swaps and gets out. And with Atonement Arrow, he only stays in Gravity State for a turn.

The Int chars we have aren't really what's making us lose because they're 'useless', because the Enis heal us up, the Cra, ehwell, to cast Atonement I guess, and the hybrid Xel is mainly there for AP steal, as she's still mainly Wis at the moment.

Even if my Sac was Agi, Peki could still swap loads, plus it does pushback, so I don't see much how that'd help. Not that I'm making her Agi anyways :L

It's just lame and frustrating, if we could find it more, we'd kill it in no time. Just constantly escapes us.

Benjamight (Shika)
Reckless Knights
Subscriber Ancestral Treechnid Slogger
* * * * Member Since 2007-06-11
posté April 07, 2011, 20:18:06 | #10
I've tried the Peki room only once, and won, but I tried a totally different strategy... maybe this can help? (I watch an epic level, 7 account player, run it... I got to be number 8, that's how I learned it).

Line all the characters in a straight line on the left side of the map. Any time someone gets swapped out of line, find a way to get them back in a straight line (against the edge of the map). Once the peki is swapping with people, he will most likely stay in the straight line... wherever the "empty" space is in your line up, that's where Mr. Peki is sitting. You can get out of line to smash him like crazy, but make sure you get back in line before you end your turn. It was actually very easy to beat him, and with a good Eni, you shouldn't have to worry about dying.

I really hope this helps, it worked amazingly well for me.

Happy (Peki) Hunting,
Benjamight

Rewind (Helioboros)
Whatever
posté April 07, 2011, 20:32:31 | #11
Imagine your sacrier being agi:

O- Sacrier
E- Eni
X- Peki

E-O-X

The only way he wouldnt be locked is by swaping the sacrier and then push him back, but I dont know if his AI is as smart as that . Ofc, you would need to keep using swap so you can always achieve this position again. Even if he escapes its just a matter of time before he gets locked again. If behind the peki there was a wall, then it would pretty much be game over for peki ( E-O-X-|; |- wall), that would probably make you use a lot of aps using swap though. The ideal is to get |-E-O-X-| , but honestly, thats not very easy to accomplish ( I think it isnt even possible on the dung).

But yeah.. going agi is out of option.

What benjamin said also works afaik, but it requires some really badass enis. If peki can kill 2 chars on the same turn it will probably be hard to find him again though.

posté April 07, 2011, 20:41:11 | #12
You have a point. But that's the thing, I don't want to rework my Sac just for one dungeon because I like being Str, and I don't like Agi Sacs xD

Hmm, we should try that then. I doubt Peki'll be able to kill 2 chars in one turn, the Enis usually manage to keep everyone alive for quite a lot of turns, and if we'll be able to find him every turn, using that technique, it could work.

Subscriber Gobkool Shearer
* * Member Since 2006-08-02
posté April 11, 2011, 21:57:12 | #13
I killed it a few times, didn't lose any fight there yet, my team doesn't look good for fight it:
iop str 199, sram str 15X(only 200 str base), eniripsa int 199, cra int 170, sadida chance/int 194, sacrier int 15X

one thing i can say that can help you there is get your sram to play right after peki, so you can find him with location(lvl6) every 2 turns.
(next time i'll try to box him)

This post has been edited by -linux - April 11, 2011, 21:57:34.
Former Subscriber Greedovore Devourer
* * * Member Since 2008-08-07
posté April 12, 2011, 22:38:20 | #14
AFAIK, when you use the sacrifice all technique you want an agi sac and to keep all characters against the wall with their sides cut off. Easiest way to do this is to have all characters in a line with Cawwots/corners on the ends. That way, when Peki hits a character with pushback, the sacrier is moved to lock Peki, and his location is obvious. I don't know if this still works with the new locking system, as I have no idea what Peki's agility is I'd say your best bet is a bucket hat and stacking hp gear on your sram if you don't want to change your team or your builds.

Former Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2008-04-02
posté April 12, 2011, 23:13:45 | #15

Quote (Crystalwires @ 07 April 2011 20:41) *
You have a point. But that's the thing, I don't want to rework my Sac just for one dungeon because I like being Str, and I don't like Agi Sacs xD
I did the dungeon only 2 times. The first one we lost. The second with an eca, we win.

But my advise here isn't for the dungeon, but for the Sacrier. You didn't have to rework your Sac, play the build that you enjoy. But the Sacrier, with punishments has a lot of possibility. Try to raise Nimble Punishment and, after, scroll agi 101 even if you didn't use agi equip (or that with lock/dodge bonuses). Why? Well, with only one spell you can get 100/110 dodge and lock and it will help in a lot of dungeon/situations, not only Peki.

Also, the Sram must have 6 on location Spell as pointed for linux and you'll know exactly where is that anoying ugly dog! Try use the Double two! But since the sram is one of the lowest character on your group, I can imagine that he has the low ini. It can be a problem and make the use of location completly useless. So I can suggest that you buy some ini equipment (like white bow meow, almond/ebony dragonturkey, wheritz hat [lvl 120]). The only drawback is the area of location.

Rewind (Helioboros)
Whatever
posté April 12, 2011, 23:20:03 | #16

Quote (Seghed @ 12 April 2011 23:13) *

Quote (Crystalwires @ 07 April 2011 20:41) *
I did the dungeon only 2 times. The first one we lost. The second with an eca, we win.

But my advise here isn't for the dungeon, but for the Sacrier. You didn't have to rework your Sac, play the build that you enjoy. But the Sacrier, with punishments has a lot of possibility. Try to raise Nimble Punishment and, after, scroll agi 101 even if you didn't use agi equip (or that with lock/dodge bonuses). Why? Well, with only one spell you can get 100/110 dodge and lock and it will help in a lot of dungeon/situations, not only Peki.

Also, the Sram must have 6 on location Spell as pointed for linux and you'll know exactly where is that anoying ugly dog! Try use the Double two! But since the sram is one of the lowest character on your group, I can imagine that he has the low ini. It can be a problem and make the use of location completly useless. So I can suggest that you buy some ini equipment (like white bow meow, almond/ebony dragonturkey, wheritz hat [lvl 120]). The only drawback is the area of location.
Punishments dont work too well because (as far as I can remember) peki can somehow unbewitch you.

This post has been edited by chmpp - April 12, 2011, 23:20:48.
Former Subscriber Dreggon Breaker
* * Member Since 2008-04-02
posté April 12, 2011, 23:26:01 | #17

Quote (chmpp @ 12 April 2011 23:20) *
Punishments dont work too well because (as far as I can remember) peki can somehow unbewitch you.

Too bad. But the Nimble Punishment is still a must, even without air damage.

Tamatha (Zatoishwan)
Avarice
Former Subscriber Soft Oak Skinner
* * * * * Member Since 2010-08-27
posté April 13, 2011, 01:38:04 | #18
ever try a rolling gravity state? if you can get the line up worked just right, and you can get an enu to out-init peki, use pullout to keep peki from running. first cra's turn comes up it drops atonement on peki putting it in grav state. next round the next cra does the same thing. 3rd round the last cra uses atonement, and by the next round, the first cra's atonement should be recharged. havent tried it before myself, but i think it might be doable since grav state disables any spells that involve positional movement as an effect.

Rewind (Helioboros)
Whatever
posté April 13, 2011, 11:45:53 | #19

Quote (talith @ 13 April 2011 01:38) *
ever try a rolling gravity state? if you can get the line up worked just right, and you can get an enu to out-init peki, use pullout to keep peki from running. first cra's turn comes up it drops atonement on peki putting it in grav state. next round the next cra does the same thing. 3rd round the last cra uses atonement, and by the next round, the first cra's atonement should be recharged. havent tried it before myself, but i think it might be doable since grav state disables any spells that involve positional movement as an effect.
It is and thats the way i do it. The problem is that the op's team doesnt have this many cras.