Back to forum.dofus.com

By continuing to browse this website, you consent to the use of cookies, which enable us to offer you customised content and to collect site-visit statistics. Click on this link for more information on cookies, and to customise your cookie preferences. X

No flash

[Prototype] Mini-map directional preview
Game designer Treechnid Hugger
* Member Since 2003-11-07
posté February 24, 2016, 14:29:14 | #1
[Prototype] Mini-map directional preview This feature dynamically displays a mini-map when the cursor is moved over a map change area.

By holding the "Tab" key when the mini-map pops up, you can interact with it.

This feature may potentially replace the mini-map display in the center UI medallion.

To assess the ergonomics of this feature, we'd like you to disable the mini-map in your center medallion (if you are using it) and see if you can easily navigate to different locations using this feature.

In order to try out this prototype, simply update your beta client and enable the experimental features using the new button added in the upper right corner of the client.

Please note that experimental features may be unstable, and may require you to restart your client from time to time.

After you've tested it, please help us out by giving us your feedback on this survey: Click here 

Subscriber Great Coralator Polisher
* * * Member Since 2013-03-23
posté February 24, 2016, 17:33:52 | #2
I don't care for this so much. Having to hold down the tab key while re-sizing and scrolling the map was awkward. Plus, I use the existing mini map frequently to see how far I am from something, or locate a map coord from a chat without having to open the regular map.

If this is implemented, I hope that it is made optional.

posté February 24, 2016, 17:59:09 | #3
I have to be honest, I dont like that very much. I hope that it is made optional too.
Thanks to the devs effort anyway.

Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2008-05-26
posté February 24, 2016, 18:11:19 | #4
Its a really nice feature. But its annoying having it activated the whole time.
It'd be nice if it would only appear, when I press the "Tab"-Key, while hovering the sides. An Option for the size of the Grid would also be nice. I'd like it be like 5x5 - 8x8

Subscriber Greedovore Devourer
* * * Member Since 2010-06-19
posté February 25, 2016, 13:55:51 | #5
I already don't use the mini-map, and my craptop would probably crash if you guys add any more "visual improvements" (already does with the AP/MP bubbles bouncing) to the client xP

If this does get added in, make it optional or I probably won't be able to change maps anymore xD

Ankama Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2013-10-11
posté March 11, 2016, 18:03:00 | #6
Hello!

First off, thank you all, your remarks and suggestions will greatly help us when we follow up on this project.
After some discussions within the team and consideration of your feedback, we won't keep this idea of a directional mini-map, but we'll keep digging in order to offer you other efficiency solutions that we'll present to you once they’re better conceptualized (we already have some ideas but we need to check their feasibility first).

Anyway, the team is quite happy with this first DOFUS Lab experiment, and we can't wait to do it again! So, thank you again, and see you soon for the next Lab experiment!

Fury

Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2007-08-13
posté November 27, 2016, 04:24:41 | #7
Does anyone know how to turn on the grid for the mini map?

Subscriber Wa Wabbit Carrotator
* * * * Member Since 2008-01-28
posté November 29, 2016, 17:50:00 | #8
The grid displays on the Map but not on the Mini Map. It did before the interface update.

Gravestorm (Rushu)
Prism
Subscriber Ouginak Torturer
* Member Since 2015-06-04
posté November 29, 2016, 20:36:07 | #9
Sometimes it shows up on the mini map, though I think that's a bug.