Back to forum.dofus.com

No flash

*UPDATED* leveling guide for an INT Cra?
Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
* Member Since 2012-10-02
posté October 09, 2012, 23:16:50 | #1
*UPDATED* leveling guide for an INT Cra? Hi!

Just started Dofus a week or so ago (completely new), and I'm loving Cra. They're absolutely ruling the PVM fields, which is one of the aspects I love most about MMOS --- PVM!

With that being said, I've tried using the sticky guide, but it has to be obsolete, as the leveling areas it suggested were obnoxiously powerful, etc.

I'm level 40 as we speak. Any suggestions/input/words of encouragement?

Thanks!  

Mishna (Solar)
Team America
Angel of the Forums Ougaa Muncher
* * * * * Member Since 2011-01-15
posté October 09, 2012, 23:36:49 | #2
What is your set like? In the lower levels especially the set you have can make a big difference in whether or not monsters are easy or hard. Int cra also has a particularly hard time at first because they don't get their really strong explosive arrow until level 90. You'll get there eventually though and then you will really start owning everything.

At your level I used retreat arrow and burning arrow almost exclusively to keep monster away while destroying them.

Just fight monsters that can only attack in CC and keep running and retreat + burning to keep them back.

Also at level 40 blops are probably best to level on, and kanigers if you can get into a group with some other people.

Former Subscriber Gobball Breeder
* Member Since 2012-10-08
posté October 10, 2012, 00:35:35 | #3
[ 1 - 20 ] : Just lvl yourself on Increasm .

[20-50] : Go kanis Leech

[50- Etc ] : Go leech at frig .

-Mobile

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
posté October 10, 2012, 01:45:19 | #4

Quote (Mishna @ 09 October 2012 23:36) *
What is your set like? In the lower levels especially the set you have can make a big difference in whether or not monsters are easy or hard. Int cra also has a particularly hard time at first because they don't get their really strong explosive arrow until level 90. You'll get there eventually though and then you will really start owning everything.

At your level I used retreat arrow and burning arrow almost exclusively to keep monster away while destroying them.

Just fight monsters that can only attack in CC and keep running and retreat + burning to keep them back.

Also at level 40 blops are probably best to level on, and kanigers if you can get into a group with some other people.

Thanks for the informative reply!

I'm itching for level 43 so I can finally get 8 AP. I really think that will open up many leveling spots as I can use Burning Arrow x2. Currently, I'm using a full Gob Set. Cra is very tactical and fun; I've been doing just exactly as you've mentioned, with some minor differences.

I can't wait for level 90!

I've been murdering piwis in Astrub...all of the way to 42, nearly. It's really not bad EXP for how fast I can kill them (one shot them all except for reds). Feathers seem to be fairly lucrative as well.

Anyway! Going to check out blops now. Thanks again!  

Mishna (Solar)
Team America
posté October 10, 2012, 07:17:22 | #5

As int cra you will want to avoid groups that have the red cherry blops as those are resistant to fire attacks. And if you want to try your hand at fighting them safely start out with the blue ones because those are extra vulnerable to your fire attacks.

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
posté October 10, 2012, 08:22:55 | #6

Quote (Mishna @ 10 October 2012 07:17) *

As int cra you will want to avoid groups that have the red cherry blops as those are resistant to fire attacks. And if you want to try your hand at fighting them safely start out with the blue ones because those are extra vulnerable to your fire attacks.

I made an oopsy about getting 8 AP at 43. It won't be until 60.

Blops are OK, Treechnids are OK, Piglets are OK. The problem is I have to hunt and pick certain colors and even then I have to make sure there's only one or two per battle. As such, it's not worth the EXP. It's a shame I'm better off killing piwis, crabs, gobs and arachnee, etc. Things that net 7-12k EXP that I can one shot.

I guess this is the life of being new to Dofus, though. What set should I be wearing or aiming for?

This post has been edited by JohnBunny - October 10, 2012, 08:27:00.
Former Subscriber Gobkool Shearer
* * Member Since 2012-06-10
posté October 10, 2012, 08:51:11 | #7

Quote (JohnBunny @ 10 October 2012 08:22) *
What set should I be wearing or aiming for?
Well for your current level, a fire kwak set with a Kam Assutra Amulet would give you 8ap so you can use magic arrow twice or, if you can't afford that then you could always go for a Red Scaraleaf set with fillers of other sets like Gobball set or Wisdom equips to help you level faster (although if you haven't scrolled Intelligence or Vitality then this isn't the best option as Red Scaraleaf does give as much Intel/Vit as you would want to, as its only a 4 piece set). When you get to level 50 then you could go for full royal Gobball or you could (like I did) make up a custom set like, for example what I do: Royal Gobball Headgear which is maged in Intel (I have mine maged to give 76 Str which is 6 above the max stats without maging), a Turkocape for an extra MP (try to get it Maged in Vit/Intel depending on what you feel you need), full cherry Blop set, and a good red scara ring for extra intel is always welcome. As for the weapon you can choose whatever you want but always look at the conditions before buying!

When you get to level 60, now it gets interesting. All I did for level 60 was keep my stuff before but swapped the scara ring for a Gelano and I got a level 100 Emerald or Emerald/Ginger DragoTurkey for 8AP and 5MP. Infact, I still use this to this day and I'm level 79. And at level 67, if you can afford it, get a God Rod for 9AP 5MP. You could also replace your Royal Gob Head for a Caracap for 10AP although if you want to hit more Dmg, rather than hit more arrows then don't vouch out for one as they can be 800kk to 1.5mk depending on the stats and the server.

At level 80, replace the cherry Blop set for Royal Cherry Blop set (for no weakness to Chance).

Hope this helped (for now anyways)  

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
posté October 10, 2012, 09:06:39 | #8
Wow. That was. Quite a post.

A bit overwhelming. I should probably devote a week to making kamas or something, bahaha.

Thank you. I have a clear idea of what I should be aiming for now

Mishna (Solar)
Team America
posté October 10, 2012, 23:18:47 | #9
The only thing I don't see on that great list of equipment is the Excellent Kings Staff at level 60. They can have +75 intelligence and even more if you are lucky to get an overmaged one. So they are definitely worth considering to raise your intelligence a bit more.

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
posté October 11, 2012, 08:29:20 | #10
I really can't thank you enough. My first impression of this game was amazing and the community is nothing short of the prior mentioned.

Wish you were on my server!

Pandulum Time-outer
* * * Member Since 2010-01-29
posté October 15, 2012, 16:40:32 | #11
Just returned from a 1.5 year long break over the last weekend.

IF you are looking for a Int Cra Guide, pop over to my Guide for Intelligence Cra Level 1~100, which I wrote over 2 years ago. I've pretty sure nothing in the Intelligence/Fire department of the Cra class has changes much over the years. You might find my guide still viable and useful in building your own Cra.

Soreth (Rushu)
Subscriber Blop Gulper
posté October 16, 2012, 11:55:39 | #12

Quote (-Wosai- @ 15 October 2012 16:40) *
Just returned from a 1.5 year long break over the last weekend.

IF you are looking for a Int Cra Guide, pop over to my Guide for Intelligence Cra Level 1~100, which I wrote over 2 years ago. I've pretty sure nothing in the Intelligence/Fire department of the Cra class has changes much over the years. You might find my guide still viable and useful in building your own Cra.

I've actually been using your guide since I started Dofus, and it's helped tremendously; however, most of your leveling suggestions haven't been useful...but that's only because I'm not properly equipped for the areas yet.

I'm currently making kamas and saving up for a better set and 8 AP. I can only imagine the difference there will be going from 7AP to 8AP. So excited!~

Thanks for the encouragement and will to help ♥

This post has been edited by JohnBunny - October 16, 2012, 11:59:19.
Wonhwa (Rushu)
Subscriber Arachnophobe
* Member Since 2012-10-12
posté October 17, 2012, 06:26:43 | #13
Ohai John.

Bochi (Solar)
Heart Of Courage
Subscriber Pikoko Pilot
* * Member Since 2011-07-13
posté October 17, 2012, 11:48:47 | #14

Quote (JohnBunny @ 11 October 2012 08:29) *
I really can't thank you enough. My first impression of this game was amazing and the community is nothing short of the prior mentioned.

Wish you were on my server!

Great to hear from someone who is enthusiastic xD. Couldnt be the other way around as well on the last statement you mentioned? I wish you were on our server lol. Enthusiasts is exactly what we need.

- Bochi

Subscriber Larva
* Member Since 2013-02-04
posté February 06, 2013, 08:57:49 | #15
you also can get x4 exp boost wich will you lvl up really much faster i did yesterday start a cra and im now already 35!